Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2010, 04:22 AM   #5146
EddiePA
Bird of Prey

Oddometer: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgarcia
That's great and all, but the factory stator is 200w so I'm not sure what they mean by high output.
I believe I read that Moose claims their stator puts out 200w at a lower RPM compared to the OEM stator, hence the high output description.
'08 Suzuki Hayabusa
'12 Suzuki GSX-R 1000
EddiePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:53 AM   #5147

Oddometer: 5,446
Been a good weekend. Ordered my RaceTech springs. Won an aution for a nice set of E forks and I'm picking up a set of SM wheels and tires tonight for a song. All that and I rode both days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeflow
conformity makes better taxpayers.
13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:10 AM   #5148
EmmEff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
Been a good weekend. Ordered my RaceTech springs. Won an aution for a nice set of E forks and I'm picking up a set of SM wheels and tires tonight for a song. All that and I rode both days.
Did you order both fork springs and rear spring? I've been thinking about doing the same. After riding a buddy's much firmer 450EXC, I got the idea that new springs would be a good upgrade.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:04 AM   #5149

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmEff
Did you order both fork springs and rear spring? I've been thinking about doing the same. After riding a buddy's much firmer 450EXC, I got the idea that new springs would be a good upgrade.
Yeah i did. My fat ass was seriously maxing the stock stuff.

At my weight I end up re-springing all my bikes at some point and have always usedRacetech. Cant say enough good about them. May do the valves in the future.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #5150
EmmEff
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13
At my weight I end up re-springing all my bikes at some point and have always usedRacetech. Cant say enough good about them. May do the valves in the future.
I'm 210lbs but I really find the DRZ suspension soft. Will I notice a real difference with the heavier springs? Revalve adds a bunch of $$$ I'm not sure I can afford to spend. Of course, if it makes the bike handle the nasty stuff better, it might be a wise investment.

I'm still pretty new to this stuff...
Old 03-08-2010, 10:26 AM   #5151
ptgarcia
Huh?

Oddometer: 509
Quote:
I'm 210lbs but I really find the DRZ suspension soft. Will I notice a real difference with the heavier springs? Revalve adds a bunch of $$$ I'm not sure I can afford to spend. Of course, if it makes the bike handle the nasty stuff better, it might be a wise investment.

You will notice a difference with the correct spring and a revalve will only make it better. Should be everybody's first mod.

'06 DR-Z400S
ptgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:27 AM   #5152
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,840
I got a 2000-DRZ400 3 weeks ago , modified and added some stuff on it , i got z chance to take for test ride & rough it up a little last Sat. @ Seven Springs & Bloody Basin rd in north Phoenix . Here's some pics.

DR650SEDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #5153
V8
?

Oddometer: 9,122
Nice AZ DRZ pics

My new MT-21's just came in today.I hope to be getting my 07 dirty soon,I'll post some pics.
V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:12 PM   #5154

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgarcia
You will notice a difference with the correct spring and a revalve will only make it better. Should be everybody's first mod.
I agree with that statement. A lot of people miss out on a bikes true potential because its not setup right. More so with street bikes because folks dont know that its not right. They just think it handles like a bag of hammers.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2010, 02:08 PM   #5155
Becktastic
Bonzai Becky

Oddometer: 1,127
Quote:

I've got an Ohlins rear spring for a 215lb rider. PM me an offer.
Becktastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #5156
ADVJake
***** dweller

Oddometer: 4,338
Look what i just got

New ohlins shock, revalved and sprung for my riding style.

Now just waiting for my RM250 forks to get revalve and sprung, then on go the SM wheels.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #5157
theLOSTone
time to ride

Oddometer: 63
Transformation

the transformation is complete, went from the easy going, pretty blue baby

too, the now much better and more evil looking urban assault vehicle,

Now it's time to raise some hell,

Kawasaki Concours 14
Suzuki DRZ 400 S
Yamaha FJ 1100
theLOSTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:19 PM   #5158
jgas
Stoogely Adventurerer

Oddometer: 843
Unless you ride hard off road you don't really need a revalve. It's nice and worth the money but not necessary. The correct springs are a necessity. DRZs are sprung very softly stock, especially the S models so I like to go 15 lbs heavier than recommended. I also use 5 wt heavier than stock fork oil and have the shock nitrogen recharged and make sure it's at the max recommended factory level. You would be surprised at the variance in things like fork oil level and shock nitrogen from the factory. It is often as much as 50% off from what it's supposed to be. Every manufacturer does it, KTM and Yamaha seem to be the least likely to do it wrong but they even do it wrong on occasion too.

And of course you should always take the time to take your bike to a place so you can test and tune it according to the terrain and riding style you will ride and set it up. Turning clickers is something you just have to learn to do. Don't let it scare you, just do it! You can always put it back where it was. Buy a factory service manual and start playing, or read here or on Thumper Talk or KTM Talk or wherever and get info and go to it.
-DRZ 400, GasGas 275, Klein, zero cc.
jgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:40 PM   #5159
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,925
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgas
Unless you ride hard off road you don't really need a revalve. It's nice and worth the money but not necessary. The correct springs are a necessity. DRZs are sprung very softly stock, especially the S models so I like to go 15 lbs heavier than recommended. I also use 5 wt heavier than stock fork oil and have the shock nitrogen recharged and make sure it's at the max recommended factory level. You would be surprised at the variance in things like fork oil level and shock nitrogen from the factory. It is often as much as 50% off from what it's supposed to be. Every manufacturer does it, KTM and Yamaha seem to be the least likely to do it wrong but they even do it wrong on occasion too.

And of course you should always take the time to take your bike to a place so you can test and tune it according to the terrain and riding style you will ride and set it up. Turning clickers is something you just have to learn to do. Don't let it scare you, just do it! You can always put it back where it was. Buy a factory service manual and start playing, or read here or on Thumper Talk or KTM Talk or wherever and get info and go to it.

Gotta love this guys sig line!
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:42 PM   #5160
ADVJake
***** dweller

Oddometer: 4,338
Quote:
Question of the century: "When the little Singletrack remaining is gone, and we can't ride on the existing Two-track, will you be nhappy riding only on a few dirt roads and pavement? If not, what are you going to do about it"?
You defy authority and make more single track yourself.
Also, i'll be happy on pavement with SM wheels.

there you go, all answered