Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2010, 07:59 AM   #2806
patski
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZDrRider
Aren't you supposed to stop at stop signs?
Thanks for the feedback. I imagine stock is quieter though.

Quite a bit quieter. The FMF is loud even at idle, my 12yo loved it.

I have a CRF230 with a CHM System that has a very acceptable purr until you crank on it.

Has anyone found/installed a "sportier" rear fender?

patski screwed with this post 07-10-2010 at 11:31 AM
patski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:44 PM   #2807
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,469
Quote:
Originally Posted by patski
Quite a bit quieter. The FMF is loud even at idle, my 12yo loved it.

I have a CRF230 with a CHM System that has a very acceptable purr until you crank on it.

Has anyone found/installed a "sportier" rear fender?
It's a DR200, I don't think "sportier" and DR200 are allowed in the same sentence.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:09 PM   #2808
slackline
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Question Idle issue.

Question for all you mechanical brains.

My wife's DR200 is having an idle issue. I got on and rode around on it to see what it's doing, and it will not stay running when downshifting if you don't keep the gas applied. There is no chance of it staying running just sitting there in neutral without gas. I figure it's something to do with the idle, but I don't know anything about it. I feel confident in working on it, if somebody knows what the issue is.

Any advice will help. It's bone stock btw.

That Others May Live
slackline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #2809
Andyinhilo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackline

My wife's DR200 is having an idle issue. I got on and rode around on it to see what it's doing, and it will not stay running when downshifting if you don't keep the gas applied. There is no chance of it staying running just sitting there in neutral without gas. I figure it's something to do with the idle, but I don't know anything about it. I feel confident in working on it, if somebody knows what the issue is.

Plugged Pilot jet. Remove the float bowl, locate the pilot jet, unscrew and clean out the tiny hole. Reassemble and it should be OK.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."J. Cooper
Andyinhilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:48 PM   #2810
slackline
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyinhilo
Plugged Pilot jet. Remove the float bowl, locate the pilot jet, unscrew and clean out the tiny hole. Reassemble and it should be OK.

Sweet! Do you have a picture or a diagram. I really am new to this.

Edit:

I got to the pilot jet. I don't really see anything in there that would be clogging it up. I'll clean it anyway, and reassemble and see what happens.

That Others May Live

slackline screwed with this post 07-10-2010 at 05:23 PM
Old 07-10-2010, 06:39 PM   #2811
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 99,204
Quite often you can't see anything when a jet is dirty or partially plugged. I went through this same trouble with my DR200 at one point, and cleaning the jets thoroughly even though I couldn't see anything fixed the problem. Actually, it took a couple tries.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #2812
patski
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay
Quite often you can't see anything when a jet is dirty or partially plugged. I went through this same trouble with my DR200 at one point, and cleaning the jets thoroughly even though I couldn't see anything fixed the problem. Actually, it took a couple tries.
I have a cleaner file set for Oxy/Acetylene torch tips and the smallest cleaner was too big for the miniscule pilot jet.

So I soaked it in Chem-Dip for an hour, reassembled and it idled fine.

Pat

patski screwed with this post 07-10-2010 at 09:31 PM
patski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #2813
Andyinhilo
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,633
Quote:
Sweet! Do you have a picture or a diagram. I really am new to this.

Edit:

I got to the pilot jet. I don't really see anything in there that would be clogging it up. I'll clean it anyway, and reassemble and see what happens.
1+ on Klay's comments. When that pilot jet is clean you can barely even see through it. If you are going to stick something in there to clean it, use something no harder than copper wire, so the jet does not get burred or scratched.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."J. Cooper
Andyinhilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:14 PM   #2814
dduelin
Oh boy that was close

Oddometer: 1,306
Sometimes the clog in the idle circuit is further downstream from the jet itself and the passage to the venturi will need to be cleaned and blown out. I throw this in if cleaning the jet makes no difference. Does it run better with the choke partially or fully out? If it does you can be pretty sure you need to clean out the jet or idle circuit. The rich mixture from being choked helps relieve the lean mixture caused by the clog.

Dave
dduelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #2815
ebrabaek
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,639
Quote:

Let`s start with the easy one........ Left side of the carb.....follow the throttle cable down to the carb.....Little screw with a spring.....Should engage the little wheel when throttle is at idle.... Make sure that screw is engaging..... That is how you adjust the idle rpm.... If the screw vibrated out.....the engine will die......
Does it other why run fine??????
Second Pilot jet is plugged....... You need to rotate the carb to gain access. It is done through the fuel bowl, on the bottom of the carb...

Erling
ebrabaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #2816
patski
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bross
It's a DR200, I don't think "sportier" and DR200 are allowed in the same sentence.
I found this on TT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccman60
I put an rm rear fender on my wifes 200se with a DRC, the edge tail light system. Been on there 2 years with no problems.
http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=886171

He's going to post some pix.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:31 PM   #2817
rv-rick
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Suzuki : TSR 200: eBay Motors (item 260633038833 end time Jul-16-10 12:45:17 PDT)

I hope the link works. It's a TSR 200. Very neat.

Maybe what the DR200 could have been.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #2818
smilin jack
Grandpa Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,225
Broken off clutch ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klay
If you've got barkbusters on, do you need the tip of the lever any more?
Would a gob of epoxy work to make a ball? Crazy crash to break that inside the bark buster...

Dave
smilin jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #2819
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 99,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilin jack
Would a gob of epoxy work to make a ball? Crazy crash to break that inside the bark buster...

Dave
I suppose you could drill a hole into the tip of the broken off lever and screw in a screw part way to form a ball of epoxy around. But the purpose of the ball on a ball-end lever is to reduce the chance of puncture injuries from the lever in a crash. If you've got bark busters, that's no longer a factor.
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:12 PM   #2820
slackline
Gnarly Adventurer

Pissed Pilot jet cleaned, now won't start!

Completely disassembled her carb to clean everything. Sucker was dirty. Re-assembled and it started right up and ran fine. Ran out of gas, got gas, wouldn't start, ran battery down, and put it on a trickle charger for a bit. Opened up air box, completely flooded, so I drained it and promptly got it started. Only thing was, it was super rough. It died when I ran to get a shirt to ride it around the block with my wife at the gas! Now it won't start again. I imagine it's flooded, but I haven't had the time to crack it open again.

That Others May Live