ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 07:49 PM   #3526
antpatterson
XR650L_High_Runner
 
antpatterson's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: South MS
Oddometer: 379
Anyone know where to get a DR200SE rear hub cheap? Or the entire rear wheel if cheaper?
__________________
2009 XR650L (100+k miles)
2008 Qlink XP200 (60k miles)
2006 CRF250r (traded)
XR80r
2008 XCRW450
antpatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:18 PM   #3527
FlyingFinn
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by antpatterson View Post
Anyone know where to get a DR200SE rear hub cheap? Or the entire rear wheel if cheaper?
Keep an eye on Ebay for a while. When they (DR200 wheels) do show up they are rediculously cheap.

--
Mikko
__________________
"It is not when or how you die but how and if you truly were ever alive!" Dr. Jerri Nielsen FitzGerald
FlyingFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 12:40 PM   #3528
tbolt
Bypass? What bypass?
 
tbolt's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Location: Oregon, Corvallis
Oddometer: 436
Newb question: I'd like to get some spare spokes for my DR. Do I just order the "spoke set" off the parts fiche or is there a better source?
__________________
bolty.net - a blog about riding motorcycles [SV650] [DR200]

The ADV Ride Report De-crufter -- [Firefox] [IE]
The ADV Picture Once-inator -- [Firefox]
tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #3529
CaliBlonde
Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Central Cal
Oddometer: 29
Pissed Deceleration of Death

Hi, my 2007 200se (2,400 miles) has been cutting out after deceleration. Its not sputtering and is intermittent. It may or may not restart after hitting the starter button after it cuts out (thus the death part ). It will always restart after sitting for a period of more than 10 minutes. Any ideas where I can start looking for the problem?
CaliBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #3530
FlyingFinn
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: San Jose, CA
Oddometer: 1,046
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBlonde View Post
Any ideas where I can start looking for the problem?
These bikes are very simple, so there aren't all that many things that can cause a problem like that.
First area to look at would be the carburetor.

Does it cut out more frequently when engine is still little cold, or more likely after riding it for a while?

After it dies and won't start again, have you tried to start it with choke on or off?

--
Mikko
__________________
"It is not when or how you die but how and if you truly were ever alive!" Dr. Jerri Nielsen FitzGerald
FlyingFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:06 AM   #3531
bross
Where we riding to?
 
bross's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Osoyoos, BC
Oddometer: 4,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBlonde View Post
Hi, my 2007 200se (2,400 miles) has been cutting out after deceleration. Its not sputtering and is intermittent. It may or may not restart after hitting the starter button after it cuts out (thus the death part ). It will always restart after sitting for a period of more than 10 minutes. Any ideas where I can start looking for the problem?
Plugged tank vent? Next time it stops, open the gas cap and see if the tank is pressurized. If you hear a wooosh of air then your vent hose is plugged/kinked. Pull the hose and make sure you can blow through it, bugs/spiders sometimes nest in a hose and plug it.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #3532
CARRERASBAJA
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Coachella Valley, CA
Oddometer: 92
I got a few

off of my 2002 DR200se that has been sold but I kept the spares. I had one of the spokes break and could not find or should I say could not just buy one from Suzuki parts. I ended up buying the whole rear wheel spoke set and replaced them all. The part number for the set is 65320-42AA0. You can order the set from Suzuki parts but I cannot recall what I paid for them. If you need a few I can send you a couple your way.

I don't have the DR200 anymore but it was a great bike. I wish I still had it. My last trip in March to see the Baja 250 would of been a lot better on the DR instead of the nighthawk 250 that I took.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbolt View Post
Newb question: I'd like to get some spare spokes for my DR. Do I just order the "spoke set" off the parts fiche or is there a better source?
CARRERASBAJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:03 AM   #3533
HeReTiK
Gnarly Adventurer
 
HeReTiK's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Oddometer: 259
Looking to do more dirt this summer than usual. Would would be the best wheely-poppin sprocket ratio?
HeReTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #3534
CARRERASBAJA
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Coachella Valley, CA
Oddometer: 92
Spare Spokes

I have a few rear wheel spokes from a 2002 DR200SE , if anyone wants a few as spares just let me know. Free, just pay shipping which should be around a couple dollars.
Also have a extra seat off a DR125 (blue in color with slight rip on the letter S in the Suzuki Lettering). I will post it in Fleamarket later today or tomorrow $10 plus shipping. Decent seat just that little tear but it fit on mr DR200 so I am sure it can fit on other years.
CARRERASBAJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #3535
Sprig
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Crossroads of Georgia
Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeReTiK View Post
Looking to do more dirt this summer than usual. Would would be the best wheely-poppin sprocket ratio?
With as big as I am ... and I still think stock is to short ...

You must need a 14T up front, and 65T on the rear.

I'm not to sure you could keep the front end down with that sprocket set ...

THAT is what you wanted?
Sprig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:59 AM   #3536
HeReTiK
Gnarly Adventurer
 
HeReTiK's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprig View Post
With as big as I am ... and I still think stock is to short ...

You must need a 14T up front, and 65T on the rear.

I'm not to sure you could keep the front end down with that sprocket set ...

THAT is what you wanted?
65T!? Sounds a bit extreme. Awesome though. Might have to try this.
HeReTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:18 PM   #3537
Sprig
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Crossroads of Georgia
Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeReTiK View Post
65T!? Sounds a bit extreme. Awesome though. Might have to try this.
Rebel Gears

I just don't see much need to change the stock gear ratio to lower gears. Stock pulls like crazy, and I keep looking for 6th on pavement.

However, if you really just want to easily pull up the front end...

Rebel Gears can get you a 14T front and a 76T rear for the DR200SE.

I didn't mention the extra tooth wheel in my first post because I didn't know how serious you are. If you change to the above number of teeth on sprockets, you are not going to win any speed races for sure. I don't have a ratio/speed calculator handy, but I'm guessing your top speed will be somewhere around 35mph... though you will prolly be able to tow a WWII tank while doing it...
Sprig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #3538
bross
Where we riding to?
 
bross's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Osoyoos, BC
Oddometer: 4,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprig View Post
Rebel Gears

I just don't see much need to change the stock gear ratio to lower gears. Stock pulls like crazy, and I keep looking for 6th on pavement.

However, if you really just want to easily pull up the front end...

Rebel Gears can get you a 14T front and a 76T rear for the DR200SE.

I didn't mention the extra tooth wheel in my first post because I didn't know how serious you are. If you change to the above number of teeth on sprockets, you are not going to win any speed races for sure. I don't have a ratio/speed calculator handy, but I'm guessing your top speed will be somewhere around 35mph... though you will prolly be able to tow a WWII tank while doing it...
Here you go, pretty close 60km/h (40mph)

http://www.gearingcommander.com/

bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #3539
ThomasVolomitz
New Old Stock
 
ThomasVolomitz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: NE Ohio
Oddometer: 4,321
Well if it matters, I use a 16 tooth countersprocket and a 41 tooth sprocket from Rebel Gears. Excellent highway setup.
__________________
https://m.facebook.com/dualsportdelinquents

Still Riff Raff
ThomasVolomitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:52 PM   #3540
HeReTiK
Gnarly Adventurer
 
HeReTiK's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Oddometer: 259
Wow! Thanks for the info. Definitely more extreme then I was thinking. I mean, how many links would my chain have to have with a 76T !?

Edit: Oh, never mind. I see you showed that too. Awesome site!
HeReTiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014