Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #46
Countdown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluissound View Post
Embarrassing but what are the CDR and GWT? I want to ride them all! My wife and I will be hitting the UT BDR somewhere south of Sandy, UT (where ever the snow allows us) at the end of this month for a week. - Joe
Joe, what do you ride? All of the "BDR" are big bike Adv rides, not what I do. BDR was a spin-off of the Statewide Mororized Trail System I workon with government for years and finally gave up. See SMTS.com for history. Then along came GPS and Internet, don't need no stinking government signs now! See my files on GPSXchange.com for CA, NV, and now ID.

Goggle is your friend.
Grerat Western Trail Still recording GPS tracks for this.
Contenintal Divide Ride
Also see DualSportWest.com and Mex2Can.com
I have everything on GPSXchange.com: CDR, GWT, Old Spanish Trail, Pony Express, and much much more.

Countdown screwed with this post 03-09-2013 at 08:53 AM
Countdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #47
sanluissound
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Western Routes

I ride a WR250R.. no big bikes here. Not at least until a bigger budget and my 5'7" stature gaining some height!

I'm just hitting the BDR for a week because it's close the baby sitters town and what I have a knowledge of in south, central Utah.

I don't have any GPS of note, just my iPhone 5 with some pretty apps on it.. I'm a map/wander 'til you find it sort of person but my wife insists on having some idea of where were going if she's coming along.

Thanks for the info and links - a quick perusal and I've already got a days worth of reading ahead of me!

I'm looking forward to checking out your tracks on GPSXchange.com

- Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown View Post
Joe, what do you ride? All of the "BDR" are big bike Adv rides, not what I do. BDR was a spin-off of the Statewide Mororized Trail System I workon with government for years and finally gave up. See SMTS.com for history. Then along came GPS and Internet, don't need no stinking government signs now! See my files on GPSXchange.com for CA, NV, and now ID.

Goggle is your friend.
Grerat Western Trail Still recording GPS tracks for this.
Contenintal Divide Ride
Also see DualSportWest.com and Mex2Can.com

I have everything on GPSXchange.com: CDR, GWT, Old Spanish Trail, Pony Express, and much much more.
sanluissound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:23 AM   #48
wbbnm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,830
CDR is the Continental Divide Ride. It runs from the Mexican border near Antelope Wells New Mexico and runs pretty much straight north along the continental divide to the Canadian border. It is a well-established route and lots of people do it. Good tracks are available on GPSXchange.com and DualSportMaps.com

The GWT is much less well defined. It is not one route but a bunch of routes in parallel thru public lands. Some of these routes are non-motorized. And some seem to just be somebody's imagination.

It "officially" starts a bit north of Globe AZ. Countdown, BigDog, Buddy_Hollyand others including myself have been exploring and coming up with a viable set of tracks.

We have a good route now to the Mexican border south of Sierra Vista AZ. And I think Jerry has explored quite a ways into Utah.

There is a long thread on recent explorations in GPSTracks- West
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=536733.
wbbnm is offline   Reply With Quote