ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #15556
shearboy2004
KIWIINUSA
 
shearboy2004's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Ft Collins ,Colorado
Oddometer: 4,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
HH is a compound, EBC is a brand.
What are you doing in here Mate ? Shouldn't you be drooling over old airheads or Nortons
__________________
88 R100GS
75 Norton Commando Roadster
98 DR450
07 Sherco 510 called Holy Shit .450 Sherco called Bling .
13 Sherco 300i called The Bee's Knees .
shearboy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:54 PM   #15557
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t
 
Blakebird's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Parker, CO
Oddometer: 15,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by shearboy2004 View Post
What are you doing in here Mate ? Shouldn't you be drooling over old airheads or Nortons
I occasionally click on the wrong thread here and there
__________________
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #15558
DR350seKING
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: pittsburgh pa
Oddometer: 68
what style of bulb for tach?

does anyone know what number of bulb goes in the back of the tach?
mine is out.
would it also be the same bulb for the turn indicator on the dash.
also how would I put pictures on when i try to insert image it asks for a URL but mine are saved to the computer and will not come up


in my other post i said there was 100072 miles it should be 10072 (my bad)
DR350seKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #15559
2bold2getold
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: DFW TX
Oddometer: 1,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR350seKING View Post
does anyone know what number of bulb goes in the back of the tach?
mine is out.
would it also be the same bulb for the turn indicator on the dash.
also how would I put pictures on when i try to insert image it asks for a URL but mine are saved to the computer and will not come up


in my other post i said there was 100072 miles it should be 10072 (my bad)
You will need put your pics on a photo hosting site and link them to your posts. Here's the procedure.... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=919
2bold2getold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:21 PM   #15560
Anonawesome
Scenic Rider
 
Anonawesome's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Central OH
Oddometer: 1,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR350seKING View Post
does anyone know what number of bulb goes in the back of the tach?
mine is out.
would it also be the same bulb for the turn indicator on the dash.
also how would I put pictures on when i try to insert image it asks for a URL but mine are saved to the computer and will not come up


in my other post i said there was 100072 miles it should be 10072 (my bad)
Not sure exactly what kind but yes it is the same as the indicator bulb.
Anonawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #15561
_CJ
Retrogrouch
 
_CJ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: The 719, Yo.
Oddometer: 1,482
Built a new exhaust this weekend......



http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....3&postcount=24

__________________
.
.
Moto since 2011, DR350
MTB since 1991, Full-Rigid Steel 1x8
_CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #15562
Rich667
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Rich667's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Dauphin, PA
Oddometer: 177
Damn! nice job on the exhaust. when i looked at the first picture I thought it was an aftermarket pipe.
Rich667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:48 PM   #15563
boardforever
Gnarly Adventurer
 
boardforever's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: Hood River Valley
Oddometer: 169
I just wanted to show some love for Kientech's durable marker lights, was riding trails last weekend and went down pretty hard twice, not bad enough to hurt but hard enough that it definitely would have done away with the cheap turn signals I was running. Jesse's signals are not only in place but undamaged, well made and worth the money.
__________________
1999 DR350SE
2006 Kawasaki ZZR600 [sold]
boardforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #15564
culliganman
92 dr 350s
 
culliganman's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Oddometer: 181
92 DRs 350 with cv carb

Ready to pull my hair out!
Bike is running very lean, happened all of a sudden have had the carb apart 3x to no avail, boots look good you could eat off the carb its so clean. What are the odds the timing chain jumped? I do notice a air blast,poof type sound when starting it that seems new if that makes a difference not a backfire its coming from the motor somewhere.
culliganman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #15565
dbarale
Squiddly slow
 
dbarale's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Western NC
Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by culliganman View Post
Ready to pull my hair out!
Bike is running very lean, happened all of a sudden have had the carb apart 3x to no avail, boots look good you could eat off the carb its so clean. What are the odds the timing chain jumped? I do notice a air blast,poof type sound when starting it that seems new if that makes a difference not a backfire its coming from the motor somewhere.
Hole in the diaphragm? Valve clearance? Cracked intake boot? Do you have a vacuum activated petcock?
dbarale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:53 AM   #15566
culliganman
92 dr 350s
 
culliganman's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarale View Post
Hole in the diaphragm? Valve clearance? Cracked intake boot? Do you have a vacuum activated petcock?
Raptor petcock, diaphragm looks good,no cracks in boot. working on valves today but not so off as to cause the issue i'm having.
culliganman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #15567
Zane Neher
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Zane Neher's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Oddometer: 163
So, bike's been slipping since Ive had it (6 months) and finally picked up and EBC lkit with springs, steel and fibers.
Hasn't been bad but you can tell when you start off hard or try and wheelie.

But now I've been looking for a write up before I screw something up but can't find one and the online manual I have just says measure stuff.
Is there a write up or a certain way the plates go in?
I've got them soaking in oil as we speak.
I assume since I can't find a write up it's a stupid easy job?

Also, could I tip the bike sideways and keep the oil in since I just did a change last week and the girlfriend is at work right now so Ill be stranded.
Zane Neher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #15568
haggeo
Studly Adventurer
 
haggeo's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: oakland, ca
Oddometer: 877
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardforever View Post
I just wanted to show some love for Kientech's durable marker lights, was riding trails last weekend and went down pretty hard twice, not bad enough to hurt but hard enough that it definitely would have done away with the cheap turn signals I was running. Jesse's signals are not only in place but undamaged, well made and worth the money.
i have those same lights, first thing i bought for my bike.
__________________
When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir? John Maynard Keynes



Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." John Kenneth Galbraith



The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. Marcus Aurelius

haggeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #15569
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer
 
MrPulldown's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Truckee
Oddometer: 2,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardforever View Post
I just wanted to show some love for Kientech's durable marker lights, was riding trails last weekend and went down pretty hard twice, not bad enough to hurt but hard enough that it definitely would have done away with the cheap turn signals I was running. Jesse's signals are not only in place but undamaged, well made and worth the money.
Not to talk smack, but I think the Durable marker light is a little over engineered. The addition of a metal plate to mount a flush mount turn signal is jsut added weight. Why not jsut buy some flush mouted turn signals and mount them on the fender.

I am jsut barrowing this picture form a couple of post back.

Or if you are using the stock lamps, you can mount the turn signals directly on the tail lamp. This is a very elegant solution. This is the way I have mine mounted. I have dropped my bike 30+ times and have never broken a turn signal.
MrPulldown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #15570
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer
 
MrPulldown's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Truckee
Oddometer: 2,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane Neher View Post
So, bike's been slipping since Ive had it (6 months) and finally picked up and EBC lkit with springs, steel and fibers.
Hasn't been bad but you can tell when you start off hard or try and wheelie.

But now I've been looking for a write up before I screw something up but can't find one and the online manual I have just says measure stuff.
Is there a write up or a certain way the plates go in?
I've got them soaking in oil as we speak.
I assume since I can't find a write up it's a stupid easy job?

Also, could I tip the bike sideways and keep the oil in since I just did a change last week and the girlfriend is at work right now so Ill be stranded.

Is the on-line manual the factory one. Chapter 3-40 has a couple of pages of discription. 3-27 is where is says to measure stuff. KEEP READING. If you do not have the FSM. You can find it on Benders Site:
http://thisoldtractor.com/gtbender/dr350.htm

The CLymer (?) manual also has several pages discribing the procedure.

Here is another write up: Good one with alot of pictures. http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/forums...2452#msg892452

The job is not stupid easy, but fairly straight forward. Are you chaning out the thrust washers. The spacer gave me a hard time as I could not remove it.

Yes you can lay the bike on its side tyo work on the clutch and keep the oil in it. Or you can drain it into a tub and reuse?

MrPulldown screwed with this post 04-23-2013 at 11:06 AM
MrPulldown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014