User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #15736
Spat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 844
I find it hard to believe you all ride 2 up on a DR
I donated my set to an inmate who was looking couple of weeks ago.

Red Green: You ever see one of these? It's called a GPS, this thing uses satellites to tell you where you are, which means that every man can have a five-hundred-dollar reason not to ask for directions.
Spat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #15737
Airvent
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spat View Post
I find it hard to believe you all ride 2 up on a DR
I do some crazy things on my DR
Airvent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #15738
mustangwagz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airvent View Post
Yah, Ditto man. 2 up here as well!

My attempt to roundup Local Riders..
https://www.facebook.com/dualsportridingwesternpa
mustangwagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:44 PM   #15739
DR350seKING
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
what sprocket to use?

i have a 99 Dr350SE that i use for going to work and back, i do like to use it offroad. right now i have a 14/47 set up on it but when i bought the bike i was given new sprockets so i have a 13-14-15 front and i have 47-41rear to choose from. i would like more highway speeds (65) it does OK for now but i just seems like its 6Th gear wide open to get that if i were to change the sprockets around would this help any?
DR350seKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #15740
2bold2getold
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR350seKING View Post
i have a 99 Dr350SE that i use for going to work and back, i do like to use it offroad. right now i have a 14/47 set up on it but when i bought the bike i was given new sprockets so i have a 13-14-15 front and i have 47-41rear to choose from. i would like more highway speeds (65) it does OK for now but i just seems like its 6Th gear wide open to get that if i were to change the sprockets around would this help any?
On my "98SE the 14/41 is a little low for highway, but is good off road. 15/41 feels better on the highway and still works pretty good in all but the hardest dirt. I tried 16/41 on the highway, but it didn't feel like it pulled any better than 15/41. Maybe a little too tall.
2bold2getold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #15741
plugeye
mc caregiver

Oddometer: 3,320
Quote:
stock is 15/41
i'm runnin 16/41 & it works great for commuting
plugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #15742
kobukan
almost gnarly

Oddometer: 1,694
Quote:
You can plug different gearing combinations in here to see what rpm's you'd be running.
A Few Days Solo in Baja
kobukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #15743
jackanory
I am Jack's wasted life

Oddometer: 464

no, that is not motor oil or my morning cup of coffee. That there is brake fluid, possibly 1990's vintage.

Is this the reason my neutral light is always on?
jackanory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #15744
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanory View Post

Is this the reason my neutral light is always on?
Would think that it had something to do with it. Can you locate the other end of the wire and extend the two together?
Old 05-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #15745
jackanory
I am Jack's wasted life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPulldown View Post
Would think that it had something to do with it. Can you locate the other end of the wire and extend the two together?
Will check for any dangling wires to nowhere behind the instrument cluster when I pull the forks for an oil change. After seeing the sludge that was in the brake lines I suspect the fork oil isn't any better.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #15746
jackanory
I am Jack's wasted life

This is perhaps the fiddliest airbox I have ever encountered. You need hands the size of a 5 year old and the echo location of a bat to get that filter bolt lined up and screwed in. Intolerable. So I did this...

Not for more air, there already were 2 large holes drilled in from the PO, but so that I could reach in and start that filter bolt a whole lot easier. Success!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:58 AM   #15747
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanory View Post
This is perhaps the fiddliest airbox I have ever encountered. You need hands the size of a 5 year old and the echo location of a bat to get that filter bolt lined up and screwed in. Intolerable. So I did this...

Not for more air, there already were 2 large holes drilled in from the PO, but so that I could reach in and start that filter bolt a whole lot easier. Success!
Dude that is going to get you more air. Will most likey result in a lean running condition and you having to rejett the carb. The easiest way to line up the filter bolt is to push it into the filter so that it flexes the plastic filter frame. With the bolt sticking out futher than the foam it is easy to line up.

The wire from the nuetral switch goes to the CDI not the insturment cluster. It is a single line that plugs into the harness on the side right about where youre left leg is when riding.

In this picture, it is the plug in the white circle that is pluged in. IIRC

MrPulldown screwed with this post 05-07-2013 at 12:33 PM
MrPulldown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #15748
jackanory
I am Jack's wasted life

Quote:
Dude that is going to get you more air. Will most likey result in a lean running condition and you having to rejett the carb. The easiest way to line up the filter bolt is to push it into the filter so that it flexes the plastic filter frame. With the bolt sticking out futher than the foam it is easy to line up.
It's already pretty rich, has fatter jets from PO. Also, it had large holes there already. I should have taken a before pic. Basically what I did was square it off so I could get my hand in there. And I did do the flex and squint deal previous to my dremel mod and was successful. I wouldn't say it was easy to do though. Now it's damn simple. Simple is good for a bear of very little brain like myself.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #15749
jackanory
I am Jack's wasted life

Quote:

The wire from the nuetral switch goes to the CDI not the insturment cluster. It is a single line that plugs into the harness on the side right about where youre left leg is when riding.

In this picture, it is the plug in the white circle that is pluged in. IIRC
Good to know! That will save some fruitless searching around on my part. I can use that time to find my keys. Or phone. or wallet...
Old 05-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #15750
rubberband
Will ride for tacos

Oddometer: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airvent View Post
That sir is an understatement!!! If you have any questions, read his ride reports....