Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #16861
trippda
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
sweet Colors. Wish I had similar decals and plastics.

Screw it, mine is brown right now anyways.
trippda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:57 PM   #16862
2bold2getold
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgindy View Post
I searched and am not finding my answer so I've come here. How tight do I make these?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Chapter 7 page 17 is all I could find

http://thisoldtractor.com/gtbender/d...nual_dr350.pdf
2bold2getold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #16863
2bold2getold
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,208
Quote:
Its a 99 se. I just added a kick starter and now Im chasing a clutch issue. Its like its not engauging at all. So I took everything a part and double checked all bushings and washers. They are all good so I wonder if these are makkng the difference. and also if anyone has a pic of how the clutch cable is supposed to attach to my crank case cover. Coul the position of it cause an issue as well?

Is this what you need

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=16424
2bold2getold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:50 PM   #16864
nickgindy
Doing it Wrong

Oddometer: 2,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bold2getold View Post
Chapter 7 page 17 is all I could find

http://thisoldtractor.com/gtbender/d...nual_dr350.pdf
I ended up figuring it out through a series of you tube videos. I think its back to 100% now. I need to change the oil again before i womp on it and see. Thank you for the reply.

2003 Sv650s; 2012 BMW F650GS; 1999 Suzuki Dr 350se; 2009 GSXR 600
http://www.youtube.com/fetuss10
nickgindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:25 AM   #16865
mwilliamshs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
trade side cover?

Got a Dirt-Version left side cover but it won't fit my SE. The dirt version is slimmer and basically flat on left side as opposed to the street version bulge. It's a long shot but maybe somebody is in the opposite boat or has eliminated their battery and wants a narrower rear-end (don't we all?!)? Mine is in GREAT shape and has a very slight scuff on the decal. It's 70 miles away right now but I'll post pics this weekend when I'm off work. Been watching for an SE side cover on the bay but thought I might be able to help an inmate and myself...
mwilliamshs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:50 AM   #16866
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by markk900 View Post
Jesse's needle replaces the stock needle, so goes back together the stock way. There is a spacer on the bottom, then the clip in the correct slot. There is a cap that goes over everything that is there for the spring to press on to keep it all together.

All this assumes the CV carb - not sure about the pumper.
Thanks Mark.

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:10 AM   #16867
MrMarshbank
MrMarshbank

Oddometer: 1
Clutch not engaging

Quote:
Its a 99 se. I just added a kick starter and now Im chasing a clutch issue. Its like its not engauging at all. So I took everything a part and double checked all bushings and washers. They are all good so I wonder if these are makkng the difference. and also if anyone has a pic of how the clutch cable is supposed to attach to my crank case cover. Coul the position of it cause an issue as well?

Hi!

I don't know if you are experiencing the same problem than I when I last changed new clutch plates to my -92 DR350S.

After renewing the clutch and assembling the motor the clutch did not engage at all even if I adjusted the clutch to the max. After some pondering I disassembled the motor and discovered that I had tighten the center nut (part 10) too tight and therefore the clutch did not engage because the parts 1 and 4 were stuck together. This is not normal and it was caused by the worn out part 3...

The solution was to loosen the center nut just a bit that the clutch can engage. I recommend to use thread glue in addition to the lock washer.

P.S
Sorry the bad english, I did not know the english terms for all the parts in the picture...

Old 07-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #16868
plugeye
mc caregiver

Oddometer: 3,209
left plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilliamshs View Post
Got a Dirt-Version left side cover but it won't fit my SE. The dirt version is slimmer and basically flat on left side as opposed to the street version bulge. It's a long shot but maybe somebody is in the opposite boat or has eliminated their battery and wants a narrower rear-end (don't we all?!)? Mine is in GREAT shape and has a very slight scuff on the decal. It's 70 miles away right now but I'll post pics this weekend when I'm off work. Been watching for an SE side cover on the bay but thought I might be able to help an inmate and myself...
i have one to swap you.
i'll take a pic tonight
plugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #16869
WeeMcD
V-Strom explorer

Oddometer: 424
Quote:

Make sure to hand twist the piece that the clutch cable pull arm fits on when assembling. Twist the shaft (#14 above) prior to installing the arm.

"When all else fails get a bigger hammer."

WeeMcD screwed with this post 07-25-2013 at 10:15 AM
WeeMcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #16870
DR350seKING
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
kenda k270

so I need a new front tire bad and I was looking for something 50/50 and found a kenda k270. is anyone running one now or has. any good? my Pirelli mt44 is shot every other knob is missing and I want a more street tire but still ride in some deep mud. thanks
DR350seKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:39 PM   #16871
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR350seKING View Post
so I need a new front tire bad and I was looking for something 50/50 and found a kenda k270. is anyone running one now or has. any good? my Pirelli mt44 is shot every other knob is missing and I want a more street tire but still ride in some deep mud. thanks

A street tire that does good in deep mud. Keep dreaming.

I have had good luck with shinko 244's. Basiclly a copy of the K270 (if I remember what the 270 looks like), but a little more stable on the street, due to large blocks, cheaper too.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #16872
mustangwagz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPulldown View Post
A street tire that does good in deep mud. Keep dreaming.

I have had good luck with shinko 244's. Basiclly a copy of the K270 (if I remember what the 270 looks like), but a little more stable on the street, due to large blocks, cheaper too.
im not a big fan of the sninko's but some are. my buddy was running them, said they suck in rain..but i dunno. haha, i never ran em in rain!

My attempt to roundup Local Riders..
https://www.facebook.com/dualsportridingwesternpa
mustangwagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #16873
thump!
Adventurer

Oddometer: 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR350seKING View Post
Excellent DOT front knobbie is the IRC TR8, really good off pavement and acceptable (not squirmy) pavement behavior. A really good balance of paved and off performance is Bridgestone TW301. I run the TR8 on my "dirty" DR350 and the TW301 on my DR650 "adventure" bike.
thump! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #16874
veriest1
Grand NOOBlet

Oddometer: 2,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by thump! View Post
Excellent DOT front knobbie is the IRC TR8, really good off pavement and acceptable (not squirmy) pavement behavior. A really good balance of paved and off performance is Bridgestone TW301. I run the TR8 on my "dirty" DR350 and the TW301 on my DR650 "adventure" bike.
I've always like the Pirelli mt21 up front. I may try the rear soon since I've always ran a 606 before. I hear the mt21 is good for loose and sloppy stuff.

Sent from my HTC using magic.
veriest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #16875
zilla
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,583
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilla View Post
Thanks guys. My dumb ass had the cam out 180. 50/50 chance of getting it wrong and I did.

I'm hoping to get if put back together tomorrow.
I guess i'll find out if i've got it right this time tomorrow after work.