Adventurer

Oddometer: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Bender View Post
You don't have to pay $450, the pumpers are available for much less:
http://shop.viperizerracing.com/prod...&categoryId=-1

Regards,

Gregory Bender
That link appears to be only the carb. Also needed are the airbox side rubber boot, the throttle cables, the throttle tube and if you want to be stock TM33 installation, the intake snorkel. IMO, it takes more skills to get a tm33 conversion working correctly than to rebuild the BST33. There is an improvement in throttle response with the tm33 bit no real increase in power or top speed. Not worth the investment imo unless you have to buy a carb anyhow.
thump! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:16 AM   #17072
plugeye
mc caregiver

Oddometer: 3,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSAragazzi View Post
That's a good point too, I knw the peatcock works bc its the only way to stop the pouring of fuel everywhere. BUT tomorrow before I drain the fuel tank I will check as you recommend. Nevertheless is not a bad idea to replce the petcock at the same time as I have the carb rebuilt. I'm slowly warming up to the idea that I need to "teach myself" with all you -Advriders- help and knowledge as opposed to just wanting her fixed and ready. This may turn ino my fall project, the temp in my home garage reached 114 today. I should not pass the opportunity to learn something new. I will do this and achieve or die in a fiery inferno
didnt you say you live in plano? if you can get it here to garland, i'll fix it for a fraction of what the shops charge. i have 1 customer bike & mine so there is space. i'm used to the texas summer heat, no biggie.
plugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:21 AM   #17073
Greg Bender
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by thump! View Post
That link appears to be only the carb. Also needed are the airbox side rubber boot, the throttle cables, the throttle tube and if you want to be stock TM33 installation, the intake snorkel. IMO, it takes more skills to get a tm33 conversion working correctly than to rebuild the BST33. There is an improvement in throttle response with the tm33 bit no real increase in power or top speed. Not worth the investment imo unless you have to buy a carb anyhow.
You are absolutely correct about the associated costs, there is definitely more expensive involved than just the carburetor.

I concur that the pumper is not worth the investment. I swapped from a pumper to a CV carb and I greatly prefer it. Not a popular choice, I know. But, it works well for me :>

Regards,

Gregory Bender
Greg Bender is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:31 AM   #17074
mustangwagz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfromNH View Post
Hey guys! I've been lurking on here doing my research before buying a DR350. I picked one up a couple weeks ago, still working on shifting/clutch issues, and just replaced the bearings in the rear suspension. Haven't ridden it yet, but I hope to get it back together this week. A '91 DR350 Dirt model. Unknown mileage, but seems pretty sound overall.

I don't see how to insert a pic, aside from linking to a URL.
Welcome, once ya get the picture thing figured out, be sure to post some!

My attempt to roundup Local Riders..
https://www.facebook.com/dualsportridingwesternpa
mustangwagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:55 AM   #17075
redleger
Horrible Mechanic

Oddometer: 560
Quote:
Hey guys! I've been lurking on here doing my research before buying a DR350. I picked one up a couple weeks ago, still working on shifting/clutch issues, and just replaced the bearings in the rear suspension. Haven't ridden it yet, but I hope to get it back together this week. A '91 DR350 Dirt model. Unknown mileage, but seems pretty sound overall.

There is a how to post pictures thread that is very informative. If you read it we will all get to see that beautiful DR350. I will be here a lot dreaming even though today mine gets sold. I will be pointing the owner to this site though.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD
Old 08-03-2013, 06:02 AM   #17076
mustangwagz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by redleger View Post
There is a how to post pictures thread that is very informative. If you read it we will all get to see that beautiful DR350. I will be here a lot dreaming even though today mine gets sold. I will be pointing the owner to this site though.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD
selling it?....better goto ER before buyer gets there and make sure ya didnt lose your mind! lol

My attempt to roundup Local Riders..
https://www.facebook.com/dualsportridingwesternpa
mustangwagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:06 AM   #17077
redleger
Horrible Mechanic

Oddometer: 560
nah man I didn't lose my mind. I work so dang much, I don't have the time to maintain it the way it should be. I don't have the money to put into it anymore to get it back to looking like it did when I bought it before I started learning how to ride in the hard single track.

I am getting a DRZ400SM or S, depends on which one hits the dealer first. I ride the 250 in the dirt all the time now, so the DRZ400 is perfect for commuting and all those places near my work where I am not really supposed to ride, but do anyway because I am a hooligan at heart.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:18 AM   #17078
GSAragazzi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,162
Quote:

First off: welcomed !
To insert a pic you need a host site like Photobucket, upload there then use the direct link from there to insert here.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #17079
AlfromNH
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSAragazzi View Post
First off: welcomed !
To insert a pic you need a host site like Photobucket, upload there then use the direct link from there to insert here.
Thanks, I'll check out the FAQ later today and get a pic up.
AlfromNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:19 AM   #17080
FireDog45
Mid-life crisis sufferer

Oddometer: 574
Does anyone have a link to checking the shift drum bolt? I'm not having any issues right now but would like to read up on the procedure in case I need/want to in the future.

Thanks!
Old 08-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #17081
Eagletalon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367
Well the guy I was going to buy the dr 350 turned out to be a dirt bag. He tried to raise the price after we had agreed on one. Then he called me telling me that there was someone coming to look at the bike and he was paying 2k not the $1,400 so I told him to sell it because I wasn't going to get anywhere near that. He called me 1 hour later to tell me that he never showed up but if I want the bike for $1,800. Hate dealing with idiots. So the search continues...

Later
John
Eagletalon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #17082
GSAragazzi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by plugeye View Post
didnt you say you live in plano? if you can get it here to garland, i'll fix it for a fraction of what the shops charge. i have 1 customer bike & mine so there is space. i'm used to the texas summer heat, no biggie.

PM sent my friend
Old 08-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #17083
dav_dman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagletalon View Post
Well the guy I was going to buy the dr 350 turned out to be a dirt bag. He tried to raise the price after we had agreed on one. Then he called me telling me that there was someone coming to look at the bike and he was paying 2k not the $1,400 so I told him to sell it because I wasn't going to get anywhere near that. He called me 1 hour later to tell me that he never showed up but if I want the bike for $1,800. Hate dealing with idiots. So the search continues...

Later
John
was that the 20k bike? he saved some you some trouble. These are good for 100k i bet but lots maint due in the 20-30K range, imo.

fly from mco to the panhandle for cheap, pack a tree hammock and ride that $1875 , 3K miles , 98 back home and enjoy it forever. Offer him 1700 in 100 dollar bills and if he doesn't bite then give him 1875 and be done with it.

or get this dr250 instead for 1300 and we'll still let you be on this forum :-)

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/mcy/3972212631.html
Old 08-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #17084
2bold2getold
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDog45 View Post
Does anyone have a link to checking the shift drum bolt? I'm not having any issues right now but would like to read up on the procedure in case I need/want to in the future.

Thanks!
Here ya go.... http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1#post17036151
2bold2getold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #17085
porterrad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
[QUOTE=brianjonesphoto;21979780]Can't tell for sure but you might have a Scott's swing arm. From the little I can see it doesn't look stock. Or it could just be a sticker.

I agree - it looks like a Scotts swing arm. The Scott's have a rectangular section & are welded together. The stock swing arms are screwed & glued.

The Scott's sold for about $500 new. Supposedly, some versions of the Scotts were 1" longer than stock, but the 2 I've seen are a fraction of an inch shorter than stock. They are supposed to be much stronger than stock.
porterrad is offline   Reply With Quote