User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2011, 12:11 PM   #6796
Wylie
Back in the saddle again

Oddometer: 2,234
Quote:
Where can I get an oil thermometer for my 1998 Suzuki DR 350 SE? Some thing like what Ludwig has on his page.
Might be more then you are looking for but I like the Vapors, I'm not sure if this is the best price out there but you're likely to get the right unit for your bike with some correspondence.

http://www.procycle.us/bikepages/dr350.html

Okay, screw it, stop the world I'm getting off.

Wylie screwed with this post 01-15-2011 at 12:17 PM
Wylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #6797
EastBoundAndDown
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsporl View Post
I need a fuel tank gauge system for my 1998 Suzuki DR 350SE anyone know here I can get one so I can tell how much fuel is left in my tank
If you cut the top of your airbox, then a gas gauge magically appears on your bike. Give it a go.

KTM200, GS500E, Concours 1000
EastBoundAndDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:59 PM   #6798
BugsInMyTeeth
zOOk farmer

Oddometer: 25
fuel gauge system

Quote:
I need a fuel tank gauge system for my 1998 Suzuki DR 350SE anyone know here I can get one so I can tell how much fuel is left in my tank
I just hold a match over the hole so I can see down in the tank

'90 DR250
'00 LT-F300F KingQuad
BugsInMyTeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 09:26 PM   #6799
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,736
Quote:
Fuel gauges designed and installed on specific bike models by the manufacturer are notoriously inaccurate - Any aftermarket solution is likely to be worse, not to mention adding complexity and potential failure points.

As suggested last time you asked, your best bet is to become accustomed to resetting the trip meter whenever you fill up. You could also lengthen the fuel tube on the petcock, inside the tank, to give you a larger reserve. I like the transparent tank idea but that's a lot of $$$ if you only want it as a fuel gauge.

The Veypor device will give you a sort of fuel gauge by calculating an estimated fuel usage based upon speed and rpm measurements I believe. Even more expensive than a plastic tank and less accurate. Cool device though.
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride

slartidbartfast screwed with this post 01-15-2011 at 09:38 PM
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:00 AM   #6800
tpar1220
such a pud..

Oddometer: 2,408
i like the transparent tanks, no need for a fuel gauge. i got em on all my bikes. and i still run outta gas.

There will only be two things left moving after WW3.
Cockroaches & KLRs.
tpar1220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:22 AM   #6801
cwc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 879
Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by slartidbartfast View Post
Sweet! What's the tank?

It's the Acerbis same as lstuckey1 in post 6752. Mine just has a little more "patina".

DR350 It'll get you there
But then so will my DR650

My Ride Reports Here
cwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:17 AM   #6802
frdbronco8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Took the new to me (Thanks Yondering) DR350 out today to Mattawa where it was dry for a change. Im very happy with the bike, you put together a great machine and I had no problem keeping up with the CR250 and KLX200 I was with. I did have some trouble mainly at idle. it started to die if I idled more for a few seconds and somtimes stumble if I was going slow and on the clutch. I tried 1 more turn in on the fuel screw and it helped alot but it would still occasionally die when I stopped. I was only at about 1200-2000 feet but I assume this is the reason. Do you remember what jets and setting you used at what altitudes to get me in the ballpark. I should have brought the extra jets with me but did not.

THanks

frdbronco8 screwed with this post 01-16-2011 at 11:23 AM
frdbronco8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:49 AM   #6803
3uba296
Thumpcurious

Oddometer: 130
Ok guys, shure this info Iīm after already is in this giant thread but I canīt go throw all the pages to get to it. Also, would be good to have all the info in one post or at least on the same page.

With thatīs being said, hereīs the question!

What USD style forks will bolt right on a DR350?
Iīve read that the RM125/250 will do it? What years? Also read that the KX125/250 would fit? Years?

How about the Honda or the Yamaha forks? Iīve found some CR250-94 and YZ125-99 forks dirt cheap, would they fit?

If not, I will wait untill som proper ones show up..

Thx guys!
Old 01-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #6804
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3uba296 View Post
Ok guys, shure this info Iīm after already is in this giant thread but I canīt go throw all the pages to get to it. Also, would be good to have all the info in one post or at least on the same page.

With thatīs being said, hereīs the question!

What USD style forks will bolt right on a DR350?
Iīve read that the RM125/250 will do it? What years? Also read that the KX125/250 would fit? Years?

How about the Honda or the Yamaha forks? Iīve found some CR250-94 and YZ125-99 forks dirt cheap, would they fit?

If not, I will wait untill som proper ones show up..

Thx guys!
Not sure which will work, but here's some good cross-reference links:

http://scandalon.com/2009/06/motorcy...ng-size-chart/

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=17555
Old 01-16-2011, 02:27 PM   #6805
3uba296
Thumpcurious

Oddometer: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
Not sure which will work, but here's some good cross-reference links:

http://scandalon.com/2009/06/motorcy...ng-size-chart/

http://www.customfighters.com/forums...ad.php?t=17555
Cool thx!
Old 01-16-2011, 03:55 PM   #6806
yondering
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by frdbronco8 View Post
Took the new to me (Thanks Yondering) DR350 out today to Mattawa where it was dry for a change. Im very happy with the bike, you put together a great machine and I had no problem keeping up with the CR250 and KLX200 I was with. I did have some trouble mainly at idle. it started to die if I idled more for a few seconds and somtimes stumble if I was going slow and on the clutch. I tried 1 more turn in on the fuel screw and it helped alot but it would still occasionally die when I stopped. I was only at about 1200-2000 feet but I assume this is the reason. Do you remember what jets and setting you used at what altitudes to get me in the ballpark. I should have brought the extra jets with me but did not.

THanks
Hmmm, come to think of it, I may have turned the fuel screw a little on the last ride I took, which was a sub-freezing day in the snow, with T-Low. I had forgotten that. You should try re-adjusting it; once it's warm, at a high idle (1,800-ish), adjust the fuel screw to get the highest rpm, then re-set the idle speed.

That elevation shouldn't have mattered, I ride around there or higher all the time; the mountain behind my house takes me up to about 4,000 feet. At about 4000 feet plus, I had to turn the fuel screw in to lean out the idle. If you were going to ride at high altitude a lot, I'd drop the pilot jet one size, but it should be set right for 2000 ft.

I don't remember the jet sizes too well, I think the pilot is a 37.5 (remember I had to go leaner than I thought I should) and the main should be a 140.
yondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #6807
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,140
Hi everyone. I picked up a '96 SE model a few weeks ago and am having a blast on it. I'd like to thank jcalis for some oldish posts on here and on TT where he recommended a Kenda 760 Trakmaster II rear and Pirelli Scorpion Pro front tire for dirt. After reading a ton of talk about tires, I kept coming back to those two, so that's what I went with. Um, wow. I have a Michelin T63 rear and Pirelli MT21 on my 650 and thought those were good. But the Trakmaster II and Scorpion Pro are just awesome in sand and mud, and in situations where I'd be tensing up and going "Oh, crap" on the 650 I'm going "Oh, yeah" on the 350. This little bike is so much fun!

Old 01-17-2011, 07:02 AM   #6808
Dilliw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura0107 View Post
Hi everyone. I picked up a '96 SE model a few weeks ago and am having a blast on it. I'd like to thank jcalis for some oldish posts on here and on TT where he recommended a Kenda 760 Trakmaster II rear and Pirelli Scorpion Pro front tire for dirt. After reading a ton of talk about tires, I kept coming back to those two, so that's what I went with. Um, wow. I have a Michelin T63 rear and Pirelli MT21 on my 650 and thought those were good. But the Trakmaster II and Scorpion Pro are just awesome in sand and mud, and in situations where I'd be tensing up and going "Oh, crap" on the 650 I'm going "Oh, yeah" on the 350. This little bike is so much fun!
Cool bike Laura. I just picked up a '90 and I'm having a blast too. I live over in Gilbert by the way; from your sig you must be one of Jeff's customers too.

I went with the Kenda front and rear, and like most of the reviews, I'm not sold on the front. It's good straight line, washes out, and then hooks up again. Once you figure that out it's o.k., but I'd rather have something I didn't have to think about so much.

Hope to see you around.

George
Dilliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:23 AM   #6809
EastBoundAndDown
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 547
Real quick - Would a rear wheel from a 94 DR350 dirt fit me 97 DR350SE? Looking at diagrams they both look to be the non-cush versions....

KTM200, GS500E, Concours 1000
EastBoundAndDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #6810
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilliw View Post
Cool bike Laura. I just picked up a '90 and I'm having a blast too. I live over in Gilbert by the way; from your sig you must be one of Jeff's customers too.

I went with the Kenda front and rear, and like most of the reviews, I'm not sold on the front. It's good straight line, washes out, and then hooks up again. Once you figure that out it's o.k., but I'd rather have something I didn't have to think about so much.

Hope to see you around.

George
Hi George,

I didn't buy my Sprint from Jeff but he does indeed help me take care of it.

The Pirelli MT21 on my DR650 behaves similarly to your description of the Kenda front on the DR350. I read once where someone thought the 650 was too heavy for the MT21. When it wears out I think I'll put a T63 front on.

I haven't had the 350 long at all, but have been in some deep sand and plenty of post-snow & ice slop, and the Scorpion Pro front has been fantastic, along with the Trakmaster II rear.

You should've come on my "dirty road tour" two weekends ago with the state ride-to-lunch crowd. That was my shakedown ride on the 350, and I grinned so much that my face hurt.