straight cut screwed with this post 03-10-2011 at 10:49 AM
straight cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #7577
Airvent
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with this company except as a customer.

Heads up on some amazing sale prices for a few DR350 parts. They have clutch cables for $9 and bigger foot pegs for $15, small LED turn signals for $17/pair. Use this code "WS40" and knock 40% off those prices. Their shipping is a fixed rate of $6 per order.

All good deals I think.

See their site here: http://www.d2moto.com/c-480-dirt-bike-parts.aspx
Thanks buddy, Just ordered an O-Ring chain and a spare clutch cable for 38 bucks shipped. Cant beat it

Heres a few pictures from yesterdays ride. We had a lot of rain up in the northeast.

Airvent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:49 PM   #7578
nvr2old
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:

Heads up on some amazing sale prices for a few DR350 parts. They have clutch cables for $9 and bigger foot pegs for $15, small LED turn signals for $17/pair. Use this code "WS40" and knock 40% off those prices. Their shipping is a fixed rate of $6 per order.

All good deals I think.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Ordered pegs, clutch cable and 2 sets of grips for $26 shipped.
nvr2old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #7579
Bob Onit
Rocket Surgeon

Oddometer: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airvent View Post
Just ordered an O-Ring chain and a spare clutch cable
If the clutch cable is a spare you can remove the fuel tank and route the spare along side the current cable from top to bottom.
Seal the ends with a couple large rubber vacuum cap nipples zip tied around the ends.

If your current clutch cable breaks you'll be back in business in 10-15 minutes with the new cable.
Bob Onit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:43 PM   #7580
Airvent
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Onit View Post
If the clutch cable is a spare you can remove the fuel tank and route the spare along side the current cable from top to bottom.
Seal the ends with a couple large rubber vacuum cap nipples zip tied around the ends.

If your current clutch cable breaks you'll be back in business in 10-15 minutes with the new cable.
That's the plan for my cross country trip this summer Does anyone know if you can swap the push and pull cables for the throttle? No need to carry another if I already have a backup.
Airvent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #7581
Bob Onit
Rocket Surgeon

Oddometer: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airvent View Post
Does anyone know if you can swap the push and pull cables for the throttle? No need to carry another if I already have a backup.
I'm almost positive that the throttle cables are not interchangeable but the good news is that it will likely work fine with the pull cable only.

The pumper kits that Jesse sells are supposed to use two cables but they only come with the pull cable.
No problems at all.
I ran an older pumper years ago on my brothers 350 which had a bad push cable, removed it and it worked great with the pull cable only.
Bob Onit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:59 PM   #7582
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,792
Quote:

All good deals I think.

Footpegs, spare clutch cable and a manual, all for $37.17 delivered. I didn't even need another clutch cable but for that discounted price will keep it for possible future use.

Thanks for the tip
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #7583
brianjonesphoto
Single Track Noob

Oddometer: 1,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by BikePilot View Post
Brian, the 140 is probably a little fat and Jesse's needle is usually way fat (as is his jetting in general). Try moving the clip up one or two notches and maybe a 137 main.

My old DR had FMF Q exhaust, opened up airbox and high compression piston and seemed just right with a 40 pilot, 140 main and stock needle in the TM33SS. I never really paid attention to mpg, but I am pretty sure I was getting around 45mpg on full knobbies with a mixture of off road and freeway riding (I'd ride a ways on the freeway to the trails, ride moderately hard on the trails, then ride back on the freeway).

Your size is definitely going to hurt mpg (I'm 160lbs and 5'10"). Off road will usually give lower mpg, particularly high speeds - like freeway riding will give lower mpg and you'll get the best on street tires going fairly slowly in a paved surface - say 35-50mph back roads.

Also, go buy the 4.25 gal acerbis tank
Thanks pilot. I figured I would try raising the clip 1 notch at a time until I found a happy medium then try a 137.5 main. The Acerbis tank is on my list but will have to wait until after tax day.

www.PhotoSupportNW.com

brianjonesphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:28 PM   #7584
FlyingWman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
I see your running the T63 on the rear, you have the same on the front? I don't like how the front performs on the trail, it dives too easily. Looking for a replacement when the time comes.
FlyingWman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #7585
jungleplant
Motorcyle Stuff

Oddometer: 1,842
DR250/350 Rack Design

Well this is most likeley the final design of the rack , i sent greg one finished and powdercoated , Ill wait untill i hear from him, to see about the use of it thanks again to all who helped ,There will be two versions, tool pouch and pouchless, mike

jungleplant screwed with this post 03-10-2011 at 09:20 AM
jungleplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:41 PM   #7586
marksbonneville
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 961
Quote:

All good deals I think.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I also ordered spare cables and foot pegs.
marksbonneville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 07:56 PM   #7587
MadChap
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 425
Clark Tank for Sale

Selling my Clark tank in the Flea Market:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=666764

Get it while you can.

I went to Acerbis, that is the only reason I'm selling it.
MadChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #7588
Suzuki Phil
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 614
I used a set of 96 Suzuki RMX forks for my conversion. Only needed to turn down the nut on top by .125, add stops to the RMX lower clamp and have a friend weld tabs on the upper clamp for the speedo/tach assembly. You have to use a RMX wheel also. Definitely worth the fabrication. The lower bearing on the stem is the same as the DR's. For the upper I found a bearing that required no machining to use the RMX steering stem.

SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frdbronco8 View Post
A buddy has a set of Yamaha WR426 forks he didn't use and it looks like the swap wouldn't be hard. He doesnt have the wheel for it though. It appears that the DR front wheel has a much smaller bearing and would not work. I would really like to keep the stock speedo for not only cost but I like the tach and the stock look. (and dont need any of the features of a vapor and would like to keep the stock mileage on the odo).

Anyone know if the Odometer drive on a WR wheel would fit the DR Speedometer cable? Looks like I could get a wheel on ebay for about $100 with everything on it. Would like to find something local on craigslist but pickins are slim for WR parts here.

Any other options/wheels to look for? YZ wheels are more available, could I use one of those with a WR odometer drive or is it completely different?

Thanks!
Old 03-08-2011, 10:42 PM   #7589
scharfg
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Lube Man Chain Oiler for DR350SE...?

Anyone using this on their DR and if so any mounting tips/pics?

I have one on my DL650 and I like it so far.

Thanks!
scharfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #7590
Sloppy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 209
Does anyone have a digital version of the shop manual? That, or know the valve clearances for a '92 S model off the top of their head?
Sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote