User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2008, 08:25 PM   #826
BikePilot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,243
Its a honda but not an XR, its a tad more lively than that

I think I'll wait till I can do copper canyon at the proper time and probably try to tag along with someone that knows the area or at least knows a bit of spanish (I doubt my highschool greek will do me much good). I'm sure colorado will keep me occupied this summer:)

Summer 2009 Ride Report http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...1509c&t=507038
Summer 2008 RR. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=367703
BikePilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:30 PM   #827
greendogpictures
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Dang, thought it was an XR, from the photo it looks like my buddies XR650R.

Is it a CR ???

Lots of air under that puppy. Not sure you'll be able to get that kinda air time with the trusty DR when you get back to Mass........

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikePilot
Its a honda but not an XR, its a tad more lively than that

"If ya ain't living on the edge, ya taking up space." B. Coats

"It's not about having what ya want, it's about wanting what you have." Cheryl Crow
greendogpictures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:36 PM   #828
BikePilot
Beastly Adventurer

Cr250r and yeah I wouldn't try that jump on the DR :)

Old 04-18-2008, 09:14 PM   #829
greendogpictures
Gnarly Adventurer

Boy oh boy are you gonna have some fun in Colorado !!!

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikePilot
Cr250r and yeah I wouldn't try that jump on the DR :)

"It's not about having what ya want, it's about wanting what you have." Cheryl Crow
Old 04-18-2008, 10:19 PM   #830
snare
sittin and breathin

Oddometer: 252
Put a Kenda K270 on the front with a tuff tube inside. I like it, I know a lot of people say they are dangerous on the road, but I don't ride real hard.

Put some Tusk aluminum bars and handguards on a couple weeks back. The adhesive stopped working on my throttle side heated grip, so I tried "Duro" brand spray adhesive and it didn't work well, then bought some 3M adhesive and it acted more like a lubricant.

Redid the seat and painted the bike too. I'll try to post a pic soon.

snare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:24 AM   #831
BikePilot
Beastly Adventurer

I've had a hard time with heated grips and grip glue as well. Let me know if you find something that really works!

BTW I've tried weather strippind adhesive, renthal brand grip glue and scotts brand grip glue. All quite working sooner or later.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:54 AM   #832
greendogpictures
Gnarly Adventurer

I have a buddy that runs the Kenda 270 on the front and rear of his street legal WR450 and he loves em.... Good tires.. I've been down to Copper Canyon with a couple of buddies that ran the Kenda 270 and they were happy with the street & off road performance. I've heard others complain about the Kenda but, depending on who ya listen to, every tire seems to have some complaint. I like the D606 for off road stuff but they don't seem to last very long on the pavement. The IRC GP1 treated me well on the pavement and was decent off road but not as good as a D606 in the dirt. Didn't like Avon Gripsters at all for off road tires, great on pavement though. I'm installing Cheng Shin C858's on the DR350 this weekend. Have a buddy that likes them so I thought I'd give em a try too. Really CHEAP tires and pretty darn agressive too. Should get longer tire life on the pavement than the D606..

Let us know what ya think about the Kenda.

Can't advise on the glue situation as I've always had the same problems.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by snare
Put a Kenda K270 on the front with a tuff tube inside. I like it, I know a lot of people say they are dangerous on the road, but I don't ride real hard.

Put some Tusk aluminum bars and handguards on a couple weeks back. The adhesive stopped working on my throttle side heated grip, so I tried "Duro" brand spray adhesive and it didn't work well, then bought some 3M adhesive and it acted more like a lubricant.

Redid the seat and painted the bike too. I'll try to post a pic soon.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:21 PM   #833
Mulekick
2.7 on Fu Man Chu

Oddometer: 25,739

Best and worst pic ever.....

RIP~Okiebug

note to self~ LEARN LIVE LOVE
Mulekick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #834
teeedubya
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 614
I noticed that when I go up to higher speeds 50+ and the wind blows, the handle bar shakes a little bit. I wonder if it's the fender? Tire is correct pressure and everything is tight.
teeedubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 03:40 PM   #835
greendogpictures
Gnarly Adventurer

Headlight positive wire ????

Anyone know which wire is the positive (hot) wire on the back of the headlight ? I'm trying to hook up my aux outlet for my GPS and can't find any info in the stinking shop manual. My voltage tester just crapped out so I can't even test the wires. Gotta get this thing hooked up tonight, leaving tomorrow for a four day dual sport rally.

Thanks,

Steve

Old 04-23-2008, 04:50 PM   #836
johnnyandjebus
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 532
I noticed that when I go up to higher speeds 50+ and the wind blows, the handle bar shakes a little bit. I wonder if it's the fender? Tire is correct pressure and everything is tight.

Teedubya

I replaced my stock front fender with an aftermarket ufo fender this past winter. I have been riding the bike for several weeks now and notice a real improvement where handlebar/front wheel shake is concerned.
I got mine from Jesse @ http://www.kientech.com/
I think I paid 26$ plus shipping. It is a direct bolt on fit, holes pre drilled

John
johnnyandjebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:57 PM   #837
johnnyandjebus
Studly Adventurer

Anyone know which wire is the positive (hot) wire on the back of the headlight ? I'm trying to hook up my aux outlet for my GPS and can't find any info in the stinking shop manual. My voltage tester just crapped out so I can't even test the wires. Gotta get this thing hooked up tonight, leaving tomorrow for a four day dual sport rally.

greendog

I can't answer your question directly but when I wired in a 12 volt adapter for my gps I found a spare white wiring plug under my fairing on the right side. I don't know what it was intended for but it is hot only when the key is on.
The great thing about it was it was a male plug and I found under the left side side cover a spare white female plug( at the end of the wiring harness) they were a perfect fit. Again I don't know what they were intended for but they were made for each other and made for an easy install. As well, I did not install a inline fuse as the 12 volt cig adapter power cord that plugs into my gps had a fuse built into it.
Before I installed the 12 volt adapter I ran on battaries in the gps and found I could go for hours(12 plus) between battary changes.

Hope it helps.

John
Old 04-23-2008, 05:03 PM   #838
johnnyandjebus
Studly Adventurer

mulekick

my condolences on Okiebug, there are a couple of aussie shepards @ the park were I walk my dog every day. Beautful dogs, smart and they don't don't take crap from anything on 4 legs!!
Was Okiebug and aussie? he looks like one.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #839
greendogpictures
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks Johnny.....

I found that same wire about 20 minutes ago.... Was just going to post that I'd found a wire that was hot when I read your post... You're right, was just too dang easy... Don't have a clue what the wire was intended for so I'm just going to assume those Japanese engineers knew I'd be looking for it so they put it there just for me...

Thanks again for the info, now my GPS works...

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyandjebus

greendog

I can't answer your question directly but when I wired in a 12 volt adapter for my gps I found a spare white wiring plug under my fairing on the right side. I don't know what it was intended for but it is hot only when the key is on.
The great thing about it was it was a male plug and I found under the left side side cover a spare white female plug( at the end of the wiring harness) they were a perfect fit. Again I don't know what they were intended for but they were made for each other and made for an easy install. As well, I did not install a inline fuse as the 12 volt cig adapter power cord that plugs into my gps had a fuse built into it.
Before I installed the 12 volt adapter I ran on battaries in the gps and found I could go for hours(12 plus) between battary changes.

Hope it helps.

John

Old 04-23-2008, 05:32 PM   #840
Mulekick
2.7 on Fu Man Chu

Oddometer: 25,739
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyandjebus

mulekick

my condolences on Okiebug, there are a couple of aussie shepards @ the park were I walk my dog every day. Beautful dogs, smart and they don't don't take crap from anything on 4 legs!!
Was Okiebug and aussie? he looks like one.

Border Collie~

Really rare markings....1% or so have the blue merle gene..

I have never seen a prettier/smarter dog.

He was my soul brother for sure...To bad he had the same curiousity level and full blown steam that I have.....sucks to be an adrenaline junkie sometimes....His fate was the rear tire of a dually 30 feet from me.I turned my back to get his frisbee for a nanno second....Bamm..

fuckin' broke my heart.....

note to self~ LEARN LIVE LOVE
Mulekick is offline   Reply With Quote