Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #12166
N.dica
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Hey everyone, im searching for a rear wheel with a cush drive. If anyone is looking to get rid of one im looking to buy. Pm me, cheers!
N.dica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #12167
trippda
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Cool2 My 96' DR350

Just thought I would start off my first post with a pic of my bike in Sedona, AZ. Just about to move back to Washington, so i'll be missing sunshine like this.

Cheers to all the dr350 riders out there!!

trippda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #12168
mustangwagz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Got my clarke tank on the bike. Woot. Had to modify decomp like bender did, didnt have to space mounts out, but i did have to cut a little of stock tank mount. (mainly where it came close to tank by the bolt holes that have the welded on nuts, but just corners were removed) Had to adjust my cables a little bit inwards so i had ample clearance. i used my stock petcock...mainly cuz it hasn't gave me issues, so why fiddle with it? (someday it will though....all suzuki's do eventually. lol (all 4 i've ever owned had vac style petcocks on em, and all eventually gave me issues.) anyhow, had to remove a fin on head, and then modify part of one but as i said, no big issues with the tank. If only someone made graphics for them, i'd be happy. lol (may have to find someone around here to make them??..) i do wanna get some ADV stickers though too so that'll help let others know who i am and where i gather..lol

i also did some chain roller work..(i know...your thinking oh great, here we go..lol) but nothing to major, removed bottom bolt, drilled and tapped it for a grease fitting and made sure that insides of roller bearings were exposed to allow grease to get in. will it help?.. probably....thats the idea of grease. lol will it hurt?....maybe? only time will tell. but in MY mind, i'd say i did just fine. lol FWIW, the hole that feeds the grease is rather small, 1/8th inch drill bit for my passage, then i just had to go a little bigger for the fitting. its a slow feeding process while greasing, but its fine by me! lol

My attempt to roundup Local Riders..
https://www.facebook.com/dualsportridingwesternpa
mustangwagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:08 PM   #12169
slartidbartfast
Love those blue pipes

Oddometer: 4,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by trippda View Post
Just thought I would start off my first post with a pic of my bike in Sedona, AZ. Just about to move back to Washington, so i'll be missing sunshine like this.

Cheers to all the dr350 riders out there!!

Welcome to ADV Rider!

You lucky bastard! I'd absolutely LOVE to be riding out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EI7p2p1QJI
Summer 2008 UK End-to-End ride
slartidbartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #12170
trippda
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangwagz View Post
Got my clarke tank on the bike. Woot. Had to modify decomp like bender did, didnt have to space mounts out, but i did have to cut a little of stock tank mount. (mainly where it came close to tank by the bolt holes that have the welded on nuts, but just corners were removed) Had to adjust my cables a little bit inwards so i had ample clearance. i used my stock petcock...mainly cuz it hasn't gave me issues, so why fiddle with it? (someday it will though....all suzuki's do eventually. lol (all 4 i've ever owned had vac style petcocks on em, and all eventually gave me issues.) anyhow, had to remove a fin on head, and then modify part of one but as i said, no big issues with the tank. If only someone made graphics for them, i'd be happy. lol (may have to find someone around here to make them??..) i do wanna get some ADV stickers though too so that'll help let others know who i am and where i gather..lol

i also did some chain roller work..(i know...your thinking oh great, here we go..lol) but nothing to major, removed bottom bolt, drilled and tapped it for a grease fitting and made sure that insides of roller bearings were exposed to allow grease to get in. will it help?.. probably....thats the idea of grease. lol will it hurt?....maybe? only time will tell. but in MY mind, i'd say i did just fine. lol FWIW, the hole that feeds the grease is rather small, 1/8th inch drill bit for my passage, then i just had to go a little bigger for the fitting. its a slow feeding process while greasing, but its fine by me! lol

Mustang,

I have been looking into a bigger gas tank as well, but have not done much research regarding the subject yet. What is the decomp modification you are referring to? forgive my ignorance, but those after market plastic tanks do not have reserve tanks do they?
Old 06-13-2012, 07:27 AM   #12171
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,758
Anyone using this Agri supply tool tube?

http://www.agrisupply.com/product.as...cd2=1280519731
Old 06-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #12172
trippda
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo2002 View Post
Anyone using this Agri supply tool tube?

http://www.agrisupply.com/product.as...cd2=1280519731

I have not, but i looks much better than the stock tool containter. much sturdier with screw on cap. I like what i see
Old 06-13-2012, 02:38 PM   #12173
mustangwagz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Mustang,

I have been looking into a bigger gas tank as well, but have not done much research regarding the subject yet. What is the decomp modification you are referring to? forgive my ignorance, but those after market plastic tanks do not have reserve tanks do they?

Decomp mod is where ya shave a little off the decomp lever that sticks outta the head. also, your amt of reserve is determined by your petcock length pretty much, but if you use stock petcock, it'll be about the same as usual. look up greg bender's Write up on the clarke tank. if you search back a few pages on this thread, you'll see where he replied to me about the writeup he did when i mentioned a getting a tank. check him out, he did a good write up!

My attempt to roundup Local Riders..
https://www.facebook.com/dualsportridingwesternpa
mustangwagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 02:43 PM   #12174
Greg Bender
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangwagz View Post
Decomp mod is where ya shave a little off the decomp lever that sticks outta the head. also, your amt of reserve is determined by your petcock length pretty much, but if you use stock petcock, it'll be about the same as usual. look up greg bender's Write up on the clarke tank. if you search back a few pages on this thread, you'll see where he replied to me about the writeup he did when i mentioned a getting a tank. check him out, he did a good write up!
Here you go:

http://thisoldtractor.com/gtbender/d...tb_clarke_tank

Regards,

Gregory Bender
Greg Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #12175
wbedient
MoTard

Oddometer: 1,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbedient View Post
A buddy took my 1995 DR350 for a ride down a gravel road and brought it back with a new problem...

The bike won't stay in gear. If you click it in first and ride off, when you grab second it will go in second gear for a few seconds then suddenly click down to first gear on its own. Same thing happens in third gear, it will just click down to first on its own.
UPDATE: a small bolt fell off the shifter and fell down inside the case. On its way down it chipped a tooth on the oil pump. Everything else is OK. Replace oil pump gear, change oil, new gasket around case and new screw with loctite will take care of it. I was glad to see the transmission is ok.

2008 KTM 690 Enduro
My Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wbedient#g/u
wbedient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:36 PM   #12176
asander1
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Hi guys,

I have a pumper carb question. I am cleaning one up to put on my S model bike and the previous owner had purposely clogged up the main air jet. What effect does this give, just makes it richer? Cheap way without changing the main jet or something? There is also an extra hole in the airbox to open it up a bit if that matters.

The previous owner was a major cheapskate judging by the random piece of foam in the airbox (no actual filter) and the baling wire holding several parts on! Thanks in advance!

Also ~ I am giving away a few DR350 parts in the flea market, and selling a complete S model charging system for those looking to upgrade their dirt bikes, plus some other parts: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=799659

Thanks!

1991 Suzuki DR 350S
Royal Enfield Bullet 350
asander1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #12177
CaptRick
On dry land 4 now.....

Oddometer: 4,685
Quote:
I have not, but i looks much better than the stock tool containter. much sturdier with screw on cap. I like what i see
I have one on my 350, works great. I mounted it in place of the stock tool box.

Sent from my brain cell expander known as an iPad

Growing older every day but never growing up.

NMOHVA, COHVCO, AMA
CaptRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:01 AM   #12178
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,758
Eyeye captain rick, that's all I needed to hear!

Edit: $5 a tube but $11 for shipping!!! I ordered 3 instead and the shipping stayed the same FYI, I'll see if I can put one on either side under the rear rack!

devo2002 screwed with this post 06-14-2012 at 06:43 AM
devo2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:56 AM   #12179
Greg Bender
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by asander1 View Post
Hi guys,

I have a pumper carb question. I am cleaning one up to put on my S model bike and the previous owner had purposely clogged up the main air jet. What effect does this give, just makes it richer? Cheap way without changing the main jet or something? There is also an extra hole in the airbox to open it up a bit if that matters.

The previous owner was a major cheapskate judging by the random piece of foam in the airbox (no actual filter) and the baling wire holding several parts on! Thanks in advance!

Also ~ I am giving away a few DR350 parts in the flea market, and selling a complete S model charging system for those looking to upgrade their dirt bikes, plus some other parts: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=799659

Thanks!
No purpose that I know of. My new pumper works fantastic with the stock settings (though my old one was leaking air around the slide and needed a larger main jet). I'd take the time (and small expense) to make it right. You might also want to check the jets for being drilled out. Very hard to know which way to go with a jet drilled by someone else.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Gregory Bender
Greg Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #12180
boardforever
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Tool tube

I have one of the agri supply tubes, but have not yet played with figuring out how to mount it on my DR. Does anybody have any pictures of how they mounted the tube? Or is anyone on here making brackets?