Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 09:04 AM   #13816
tntmo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonkid View Post
Found some dr350 99 forks. Just wondering what else do I need to swap them on to my 90 DR350s. I suspect the axle is different and possible the caliper. If so can these be adapted/ modified or am I going to need to buy other parts that match the 99 forks.
Yes, the axle is different diameter (bigger) so you will need the axle,spacer and speedometer drive along with changing out the bearings and spacers on your front wheel. The brake caliper is different but I'm not positive if you can or can't use the old one. I will check later and get back to you.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #13817
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by shearboy2004 View Post
There is a 99 on that bay place at $500 with 9 days to go ,it may pay to watch that one , it looks really clean .
E-bay'ed DR350's tend to fetch a pretty high price. Maybe a little lower since it is in NC. I think it will end up going for over $2K.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #13818
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntmo View Post
Yes, the axle is different diameter (bigger) so you will need the axle,spacer and speedometer drive along with changing out the bearings and spacers on your front wheel. The brake caliper is different but I'm not positive if you can or can't use the old one. I will check later and get back to you.

i have heard the bearing swap will work fir keeping the DR350 front wheel. But I am not sure. What about the rotor?

You will need a new front caliper. But those are very easy to come by. In fact it will be the easiest thing to get as it is the same front caliper used on every DS anad dirt bike Zuk made since the DR350. Should be able to pick it up for $20 or so. Will work with stock hose and master cylinder.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:37 PM   #13819
TopDeadCenter
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 342
Hey everyone. I just got a 94 se the other week with carb issues. More specifically a bad float valve. I figured I'd give the carb my usual full treatment using Pine-Sol for the first time. The thing that has given me pause is the plastic bore for the slide.

First thing is, is this plastic part removable? If it isn't, will it survive the Pine-Sol?

Next thing is what concentration of pine-sol should I aim for and how long to soak. I know this has been covered many times but it seems like everyone does it different. I figured 2 to 1 ought to do it. 3 days?

Thanks,
TDC

GS850GLX
DR350SE
TopDeadCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:56 PM   #13820
Bonerov
Damned dirty ape

Oddometer: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDeadCenter View Post
Hey everyone. I just got a 94 se the other week with carb issues. More specifically a bad float valve. I figured I'd give the carb my usual full treatment using Pine-Sol for the first time. The thing that has given me pause is the plastic bore for the slide.

First thing is, is this plastic part removable? If it isn't, will it survive the Pine-Sol?

Next thing is what concentration of pine-sol should I aim for and how long to soak. I know this has been covered many times but it seems like everyone does it different. I figured 2 to 1 ought to do it. 3 days?

Thanks,
TDC
2:1 for a few days should be ok. Pine-Sol is very compatible with most plastics. Most likely, that part is either HDPE or PVC. In either case, the Pine-Sol shouldn't hurt it.
Bonerov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:24 PM   #13821
Canadian FJR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
In need of some O-rings. 1999 DR-350 SE, float needle and seat look great but the seat is real loose. I need a replacement O-ring for the seat and also one that hold the float frame in place. Where can I buy just the O-rings?

Canadian FJR
Canadian FJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:56 PM   #13822
mustangwagz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian FJR View Post
In need of some O-rings. 1999 DR-350 SE, float needle and seat look great but the seat is real loose. I need a replacement O-ring for the seat and also one that hold the float frame in place. Where can I buy just the O-rings?

Canadian FJR
Talk to mr greg bender! i bet hes got em!

My attempt to roundup Local Riders..
https://www.facebook.com/dualsportridingwesternpa
mustangwagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #13823
HandKPhil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
New to me '99 DR350SE

Hi All,

Just picked up a super-clean '99 SE a couple of days ago. Just over 1500 miles on it. This is my first DR350.

I'm a dyed-in-the-wool KLR250 guy. Love 'em so much I've got two of them. They'd be the perfect small bore dual-sport bike for me, if only they'd given them a little more power and an e-start - hence my desire to experience the DR350.

Due to weather conditions and a total lack of free time, I've only put one mile on this bike since I got it, and that was on a slippery, muddy road, in the pouring rain. My initial impression was that the bike is indeed a little peppier than my KLR250's. Also, the DR seems to have really comfortable ergonomics for me. Given my very brief test ride, it's not that I could tell how it's going to feel after an hour in the saddle, but the bike does seem to fit me perfectly so far. I like the taller suspension vs. the KLR250. The bike also seems more dirt-oriented than the KLR. Weight feels about the same.

Anyone else out there have any KLR250 experience that can make an informed comparison?
Old 12-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #13824
HandKPhil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
My new ride

Here she is. I just changed the oil. Who knew that a hot exhaust pipe could burn clean through the sleeve of a polyester fleece jacket in less than a single second?

Old 12-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #13825
Greg Bender
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 878
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangwagz View Post
Talk to mr greg bender! i bet hes got em!
Thanks for thinking of me :>

I don't have those o-rings yet, though I am working toward the carb o-rings. I've got all of the other common ones.

http://thisoldtractor.com/gtbender/f...350_orings.htm

Regards,

Gregory Bender
Greg Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:11 PM   #13826
tntmo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPulldown View Post
i have heard the bearing swap will work fir keeping the DR350 front wheel. But I am not sure. What about the rotor?

You will need a new front caliper. But those are very easy to come by. In fact it will be the easiest thing to get as it is the same front caliper used on every DS anad dirt bike Zuk made since the DR350. Should be able to pick it up for $20 or so. Will work with stock hose and master cylinder.
I have used the 99 wheel on my 91 DR by swapping bearings and the inner spacer, so I figure it should work the other way around. The brake rotors are the same diameter, the newer model is mounted with six bolts and the old ones with four.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #13827
motolab
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian FJR View Post
The o-rings listed here http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528038 also fit the DR350's BST33.

Regards,

Derek
motolab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #13828
shearboy2004
KIWIINUSA

Oddometer: 4,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandKPhil View Post
Here she is. I just changed the oil. Who knew that a hot exhaust pipe could burn clean through the sleeve of a polyester fleece jacket in less than a single second?

Looks like you got a really nice one Mate ! Yeah that exhaust will burn about anything , I have holes in all my pants and a nice burn scar on my shoulder from reaching for something I shouldn't have !
07 Sherco 450 called BLING.
07 Sherco 510 called Holy Shit .
shearboy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #13829
MadChap
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandKPhil View Post

Nice scord. Wished my was an 98 or 99. You're going to love it.
MadChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #13830
shearboy2004
KIWIINUSA

Oddometer: 4,261
Quote:
Yep you right about the bearing swap and I believe the only difference between the rotors is that the SE model had 6 bolts and all dirt ones have 4 so keep what you have . I could be wrong , it has happened at least once before.

I also believe that all Suzuki did with the axle of the 99 was to use the same one that is in a whole shitload of RM's , lots of these parts cheap on fleabay .

I did an RM fork swap and was able to use my 99 axle and spacers .

Again I could be wrong but that would be twice in one night .
07 Sherco 450 called BLING.
07 Sherco 510 called Holy Shit .

shearboy2004 screwed with this post 12-05-2012 at 05:41 PM
shearboy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote