Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-15-2012, 04:05 AM   #13921
philp38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankdozer View Post
Great looking Suzuki !!!!!!!!!!!! Can you let me know what brand the fairing extension is and while your at it could I request what seat it is, the travel bag, the tires, the tank, handle protectors...........I guess any accessories on the beautiful bike. Thanks, Frank.
Clark tank,Corbin seat (dished). The fairing I think is a black trash can cut in half The travel bag is a Wolfman. Thanks I also have an orig seat I'm thinking of selling if anyone is interested.

philp38 screwed with this post 12-15-2012 at 07:09 AM
philp38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #13922
MrPulldown
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by heirhead View Post
Hello,
Just got 95 dr350 a few days ago. Really like it, rode 60 miles today, got a little muddy. Would like to lower 2" but the forks look like they can be lowered only about 3/4 of an inch then you get into smaller area. Any advice. Experienced rider just beat up body.
Thanks,

Heirhead

You can go a bit into the smaller diameter area. I would not go more than half of the clamp area though.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #13923
frdbronco8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Dirt forks

I have early model dirt forks and wheel with hub for a DR350 if anyone in the Western Washington area is interested on converting their street model over. I might have the axle for it but I am not sure.

PM me if interested. Not really interested in shipping because they are so big but if someone in the area wants em they are yours
frdbronco8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #13924
jeep8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 269
Quote:
Hello,
Just got 95 dr350 a few days ago. Really like it, rode 60 miles today, got a little muddy. Would like to lower 2" but the forks look like they can be lowered only about 3/4 of an inch then you get into smaller area. Any advice. Experienced rider just beat up body.
Thanks,

Heirhead
Some people have taken the cover off the seat and thinned the foam cushion, then replace the cover. or have it done by an upholstrey shop. that way you might not saccrifice groung clearence

Supermoto wheels and tires would be extreme and probably cost some $$$

Maybe just a little more practice and it no longer is such an issue, or KISS platform boots (just kidding)
jeep8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #13925
2bold2getold
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
Hello,
Thanks,

Heirhead
There are suspension links you can buy ( http://www.koubalink.com/drinstall.html ) for the rear or make your own ( http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...ostcount=13644 ) and use bar risers ( straight, offset or Rox pivot risers ) to clearance for raising the fork tubes. I've got 1 1/2" risers for better standing ( and fork tube clearance ) and will stretch a stock set of dog bones for better leaverage for a bad left knee. An inch or two lower will make tough sections a little more confident without sacrificing too much ground clearance, and still have more than a KLR.
2bold2getold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:22 PM   #13926
dtp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 383
Anyone have a clean stock tank for an S model they would want to part with? Either cash or possibly trade for a plastic tank? You can reply here or send me a PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 08:52 PM   #13927
tntmo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtp View Post
Anyone have a clean stock tank for an S model they would want to part with? Either cash or possibly trade for a plastic tank? You can reply here or send me a PM.
I have a pretty good steel tank from a 91 DR350S, gotta see if I have the key for the gas cap first. I'll get back to you soon.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:19 PM   #13928
heirhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep8 View Post
Some people have taken the cover off the seat and thinned the foam cushion, then replace the cover. or have it done by an upholstrey shop. that way you might not saccrifice groung clearence

Supermoto wheels and tires would be extreme and probably cost some $$$

Maybe just a little more practice and it no longer is such an issue, or KISS platform boots (just kidding)
Thanks to all who responded.
Been practicing for 45 yrs., body shot. I've heard Supermoto wheels and tires do not perform well in the mud! Sold platform boots to Elton. Have 1 3/4" till I hit bars and slightly smaller knurled area on forks so will move accordingly. Bought Kouba # 3 off inmate, should be just right. Dr650 to heavy, xt225 to slow for freeway in SoCal.
Really like the 350. Easier for me to pickup and can cruise at 65 with more giddyup if needed.
1st tank of gas 67 MPG. Sounds like I was coasting a lot.
Thanks again,

Heirhead

Always tipping over.

heirhead screwed with this post 12-17-2012 at 11:31 PM
heirhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:56 AM   #13929
duncanbojangles
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtp View Post
Yup, I've got a stock tank from my '98 DR350SE with the locking cap and a key for it, too. Do you need the stock vacuum petcock, too? You might have better luck with tntmo, since he's a lot closer to you than I am. :)
duncanbojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #13930
cwc
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 888
DR350 advance curve?

The manual is a little short on specifying this. It says 30°BTDC above 4300 rpm.

Does anyone have info on the advance below 4300 rpm?

DR350 It'll get you there
But then so will my DR650

My Ride Reports Here
cwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:39 AM   #13931
dbarale
Squiddly slow

Oddometer: 1,065
Quote:
1st tank of gas 67 MPG. Sounds like I was coasting a lot.
You're my hero, I get about 35mpg with mine...

But it lives between 6000rpm and red line.
dbarale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:40 AM   #13932
Canadian FJR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
The stock plug on the '99 DR-350SE is a CR 9EK. I run Iridium plugs in all the other bikes, any issues using an Iridium CR 9EIA-9 ? To my surprise the Iridium was much cheaper than the stock plug.

Canadian FJR
Canadian FJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:15 AM   #13933
OldUKBikerGuy
Cultural Attaché

Oddometer: 26
UK Newbie with a question

Hi everyone,
After reading right through the first 600+ pages of this thread so far, I was persuaded to buy my first DR350 (a 1998 SE) and it is already one of the best bikes I've ever had (out of about 50, over 40 years!)

A few years ago, I had been tempted by a DR250XC Djebel, but found it to be a very uncomfortable and gutless disappointment, despite it's rugged good looks. However, the 350 is so much better, comfortable and with plenty of usable power for my needs.
I look forward to posting some photos of it soon, once I've given it my usual 'frame-up' restoration in the Spring.

However, there is one thing that puzzles me, and I hope someone here can help me?

The bike starts and runs both brilliantly and quietly, but virtually every time I turn it off, I hear a loud noise (like a metallic 'clank') just as the engine stops.
It sounds to me like something spring-loaded unloading or disengaging, perhaps e/starter-related?
It doesn't seem to bother the bike at all, but I can't believe I'm the only one with this issue.

Over to you guys......?
OldUKBikerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:30 AM   #13934
jmderyke
Miner

Oddometer: 41
Reviving 1993 dr350

Hi there I am brand new to this forum and just got a 1993 DR350 that I am bringing back from the dead. Im pretty handy with mechanics and want to do some serious work to it. Ive been skimming this thread found some good stuff but 500 pages is alot to go thru....
Anyway I would like to get a list going of what parts are interchangeable with later DR models and popular up grades to the DR350.
For example my hubs are 4 bolt disc brake and later models like 97 year have 6 bolt do they have the same axle diameter? so if i wanted to pick up some wheels would they swap? And Suspension upgrades! I noticed this bike wasnt made for a 200lb rider. And another biggy any options about a stator upgrade? has anyone done this with a 350? Thanks guys
jmderyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:32 AM   #13935
tntmo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmderyke View Post
Hi there I am brand new to this forum and just got a 1993 DR350 that I am bringing back from the dead. Im pretty handy with mechanics and want to do some serious work to it. Ive been skimming this thread found some good stuff but 500 pages is alot to go thru....
Anyway I would like to get a list going of what parts are interchangeable with later DR models and popular up grades to the DR350.
For example my hubs are 4 bolt disc brake and later models like 97 year have 6 bolt do they have the same axle diameter? so if i wanted to pick up some wheels would they swap? And Suspension upgrades! I noticed this bike wasnt made for a 200lb rider. And another biggy any options about a stator upgrade? has anyone done this with a 350? Thanks guys

The newer wheels use larger bearings, you can swap in the smaller bearings and use them on your 93. The rear wheel should fit from any year.

If you have a street model DR, the dirt model suspension is a good upgrade, especially 94 and newer due to upgrading to cartridge forks. 98/99 street models got the cartridge forks and adjustable rear shock. Lots of other options for the front if you change out triple clamps.

I have heard that the E-start models (94+ street models) have a larger stator, but don't know much about it.