ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,596
Big Adventure THREE

Here it is folks...Flux's Big Adventure 3! Let me tell you that I am excited about this one. The first 2 rides taught me alot, and I'm putting those lessons to the test for this one. There are a few changes this go-round to make it even more fun and memorable than the previous 2 rides. So, here is the low down!

First of all, let me go ahead and say this right now...I'm going to have to charge for this one. The fee will be $30 and will include camping fees at TWO (Two Wheels Only motorcycle campground for those not in the know), Whissenhunt riding passes, and the first ever Big Adventure T Shirt! Excess money will be used for gassing up my truck, which will be carrying all the camping gear. You will be responsible for your own food, dinner is served at TWO and is typically about $12 for a full meal.

Also, I am limiting this to 20 riders, plus myself and Lucky who will be my bitch for this. The first 20 riders to tell me they are going are in. Cash ONLY will be taken when we all meet the first day. Sorry, I'm not fucking with Paypal on this, no checks either. Thanks.

DETAILS!

Date: June 23rd and 24th...this is a Saturday and Sunday.
Meeting place and time TBA but will be in Dawsonville, GA and will be early morning.

Itinerary: Bring your camping gear! My wife will be meeting us at the start point. This will be where you can leave your cars overnight. We'll put all the gear in the truck, she will meet us later that night at TWO. If you want her to carry your beer, or anything else she can do that as well. Please be respectful of the fact that you ain't the only one wanting to bring a cooler so keep it to a minimum. We will also have some coolers already in the truck fill with ice so you can throw a sixer or whatever in those as well. WHERE WE ARE CAMPING, IT IS A DRY COUNTY!

This ride is for 650cc and under dual sport, street legal bikes. This is not a race but will be semi-fast paced. We will be on some difficult trails, Whissenhunt ORV park has some good single track. Lots of rocks, roots, and ruts...the three "R's" if you will. You will need knobbies. There will be, of course, water crossings. This will be rain or shine, so if it rains be prepared for MUD...slippery as snot Georgia red clay...good stuff! You MUST come prepared with anything you'd need to fix your bike in the woods...this includes tools, tubes, etc. Please come prepared. Have your bike prepped before you arrive.

DAY ONE: The first 15 mintues of this ride will tell you what you're in for. The infamous "First Section" is now becoming the "Second Section". Be prepared for water, mudholes, ruts, and rocks. Oh yeah, I hope you like hillclimbs too. From there we will hit up Whissy and do a nice loop (probably 2 hours in there at least...more if we are up to it). There are good trails from there but I don't want to ruin anything. We will end up at TWO where your gear will be, and we can all go inside and get some dinner. They have excellent food there, kinda pricey, sometimes a long wait, but it is what it is.

DAY TWO: Get up, pack the gear, load the truck, and head towards some more good trails. Day 2 will be easier riding than the previous day, but not by much. We will meet back down at the original starting point early evening Sunday so everyone can head home at a decent time. Jen will meet us there with the gear so you will be set.

ALL THE RANDOM MUMBO JUMBO RIGHT HERE! First of all, I reckon since I am asking for $ I need to say that I am NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOU. You ride this at your own risk, I cannot be held liable for anything that happens to you. This is not a race, it is a dual sport ride and we are NOT in a hurry. I will have a few rules set in place to ensure nobody is left behind. Take your time, do not get hurt, and have some fun with some good folks. Us DOGs always help each other out but again I say I am not responsible for you or your actions. You do not need to be a great off road rider to participate but you do need to be able to handle your shit. DOT style knobby tires are HIGHLY encouraged here folks. 650cc limit. I will do another ride in the future for big bike riders. But this ain't the one. Local riders probably know alot of the roads we are taking, but maybe not. I would ask that everyone respect where we are riding. There will be a section that is on PRIVATE LAND and I ask that you respect the owners of this land and not show up with your buddies later on. Don't get me kicked out of my spots. Please. The idea of this ride is to cover some kick ass roads, not necessarily cover great distances. You need a tank that is capabale of holding some gas. I will have actual mileages posted before the date so you know. I still have some nailing down of the exact route to do first though. This will be an 80-90% dirt ride. Sorry for typing so damned much, but since I am asking for $ I need to be sure all the bases are covered.

Let's have a good time!
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:16 PM   #2
Philip Kuntz
Fleasy Rider

Oddometer: 4,657
IN!
Philip Kuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #3
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,433
Yep

In.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:23 AM   #4
SuchesRider
Just Do It!

Oddometer: 1,669
Count me in.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:56 AM   #5
SuchesRider
Just Do It!

Oddometer: 1,669
This ride may also be named 'Raiders of the Lost GPS'! How long did you say the ride in Whissenhunt would be? Until Lucky's GPS is found? .....
Old 05-22-2007, 04:22 AM   #6
lucky_strike
whose flux?

Oddometer: 2,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchesRider
This ride may also be named 'Raiders of the Lost GPS'! How long did you say the ride in Whissenhunt would be? Until Lucky's GPS is found? .....

im in. these roads me and flux scouted are pretty serious. theres alot of good places to take pictures of wicked steep inclines, h20 crossings, and some fast shit. like flux said....dot knobbies. you will not have a chance without knobbies.

this ride is going to be the best and most challenging yet. kuntz and scribe...it'll be good seeing yall again. i dont think youll need coates this time, (but i would pack a trash bag

see yas there.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809561
lucky_strike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:31 AM   #7
Scribe
£Bob£

As Kuntz says, never ride without a trash bag. See you there, Lucky
Old 05-22-2007, 04:35 AM   #8
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Sounds like an excellent group so far!

Kuntz
Scribe
Suches Rider
Sanjoh
Top Dog
Sinner
Coates
Swampy
Hungry Jim (best screen name EVER)
Bumar
Billy (?)
Flan8tive(?)

flux_capacitor screwed with this post 05-23-2007 at 02:22 PM
Old 05-22-2007, 05:28 AM   #9
lucky_strike
whose flux?

were venturer, willy, coates.....

Old 05-22-2007, 06:26 AM   #10
sanjoh
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,487
I'm in. Coming up with scribe and pk from FL.

John
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:47 AM   #11
Scribe
£Bob£

Awesome man! I can vouch for sanjoh. He's a BRP rider. 'nuff said.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:04 AM   #12
flan8tive
Flea Tibet!

Oddometer: 2,188
Will just have returned from Staunton, VA the weekend before...any chance I could divert southbound Sunday the 17th and drop the (enclosed) trailer with the Husky (and Elefant) already loaded?

Since there will be lots of water crossings, I could refill the Husky radiators as needed.

80 Z50R

flan8tive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:45 AM   #13
Topdog
baw chica baw waw!!

Oddometer: 833
I'm in!!
Topdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:51 AM   #14
lucky_strike
whose flux?

i bet this ride is gonna suck. im so not excited for it. flux is lame.

Old 05-22-2007, 12:38 PM   #15
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flan8tive
Will just have returned from Staunton, VA the weekend before...any chance I could divert southbound Sunday the 17th and drop the (enclosed) trailer with the Husky (and Elefant) already loaded?

Since there will be lots of water crossings, I could refill the Husky radiators as needed.

I'm sure we can accomodate that. The 18th is my wife's birthday, though, so I'll really only have time to meet you and steal...uh, "store" your trailer. Should I take that question mark off by your name? BTW- I am currently loading pics of those damned boots!