Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2008, 08:21 PM   #16
sinner
Flea or not to Flea?

Oddometer: 484
Why not come join the Fl Flees over at Osceola n forest, we are meetin in the Ocean pond camp site. friday/sat/sunday. As this is very near you Guys. Just a thought.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:57 PM   #17
g27radio
We Todd Ed

Oddometer: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner
Why not come join the Fl Flees over at Osceola n forest, we are meetin in the Ocean pond camp site. friday/sat/sunday. As this is very near you Guys. Just a thought.
I was really hoping to, but my front tire is trashed and the new one hasn't arrived yet. I'll definately be heading there eventually though (and Ocala again as well.) Hey maybe I can make it Saturday night.... hmm
Old 02-08-2008, 06:16 PM   #18
CjCat
ladyrider

Oddometer: 6
Talking

Osceola's the best!
We go there as often as we can!
Old 02-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #19
PirateJohn OP
Banned

Oddometer: 22,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by g27radio
That was a pretty decent turnout John. Sorry that the sisters assumed that I invited everyone . Then I tried to tell Sunny you invited everyone but you didn't let me get a word in edgewise . Anyway, good job getting everyone out. I think a good time was had by all.

Conversation with a group of riders is about like food or extra beer. You'd better not be shy and better jump right in there... 'specially when talking to an attractive blonde who owns a bar

Agreed Todd, it was a good turnout. I dunno if we got anything firmly scheduled, but future gigs in the Ocala Forest (are you reading this Jack Daniels?) and perhaps getting with Bill Ferran and the local BMW club as Bill leads another GS ride next month (that would be March 2nd I believe) looks like a winner to me.

I am hoping that we can get together again in maybe 3-4 weeks. Twisted Sisters is pretty good, but I am not sure if it's the best place for us to meet. So if anyone has any suggestions on future meetings I'd be interested in hearing 'em.
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 04:04 PM   #20
g27radio
We Todd Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn
Conversation with a group of riders is about like food or extra beer. You'd better not be shy and better jump right in there... 'specially when talking to an attractive blonde who owns a bar

Agreed Todd, it was a good turnout. I dunno if we got anything firmly scheduled, but future gigs in the Ocala Forest (are you reading this Jack Daniels?) and perhaps getting with Bill Ferran and the local BMW club as Bill leads another GS ride next month (that would be March 2nd I believe) looks like a winner to me.

I am hoping that we can get together again in maybe 3-4 weeks. Twisted Sisters is pretty good, but I am not sure if it's the best place for us to meet. So if anyone has any suggestions on future meetings I'd be interested in hearing 'em.
I just got back from ONF again. Yeah, I ended up going again this weekend even though I'm still on that super-worn-out front tire.

Bill seemed really knowledgable about both kinda of bikes which was really cool. I wish I had more time to ask him about the BMW X-Country. That bike sounds really cool, but I don't think I'll be able to afford one in the near future. And I'm still having a blast with the DRZ. It gets better every day man

I liked meeting at Twisted since I know a lot of people there, but that's just me, so I won't try to sway your opinion one way or the other. How was the Ahi by the way?
Old 02-11-2008, 09:55 AM   #21
PirateJohn OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by g27radio
How was the Ahi by the way?
The ahi tuna is great. That's one reason that I'm happy with the place!

I'm thinking about an XChallenge myself right now. After our meeting I was reading the threads here about it. No luggage other than a soft tail bag, but Touratech at least is listing some parts including a fairing and a large tank. That's a bit overkill for what I want to do right now but it's got possibilities for down the road.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:14 PM   #22
g27radio
We Todd Ed

Me and numbskull (he hasn't posted in this thread but he was at Twisted) went for a ride over the Mayport ferry on Saturday. I didn't take much photos, but I did make a video.

I know some of the guys at Twisted were asking about riding their GS's at Huguenot and I said I didn't think they'd have much fun doing it. Well numbskull did it on his GS, and it wasn't even a BMW GS. You'll see what I mean if you watch the video. Link here:

Pandora's Box

BTW, the music is by Jake McCain. He plays at Twisted on occasion. If you like the music check out: Jake McCain Music
Old 02-18-2008, 08:15 AM   #23
kaosrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 828
Thanks for the pic's. Since we meet you guys at Twisted, I have since picked up an old DR650. Sam the other guy at Twisted with the GS and I took took our GS's and I had a friend on my DR with me on my GS and we went looking for dirt. We hooked up with Cotton who is in Orange Park. He is like Bill, has more bikes than socks. He had his DR 650 and we went south following him on dirt. The Dirt started in near Green Cove Springs and we ended up in Ocala National Forest. Cotton lead us on some great roads and eventually across the ferry across the St Johns River somewhere south of Palatka. Most of the raods where great. We hit one spot where we got to play "push the pigs" (GS's bogging down in the sand).
At Twisted we should have passed around phone numbers so we could pass the word. My plans tend to be very last minute as I have to work my schedule around wife and kids etc.
Sam has been tracking routes with his GS and we are transferring them to maps so next time we meet we can pass out some areas to ride.
Week end before this one we messed around in Osecola and that had tons of great places.
Sorry I keep forgetting to bring a camera, however it would have been boring watching a couple of "sleeping GS's"
kaosrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:31 AM   #24
g27radio
We Todd Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosrider
At Twisted we should have passed around phone numbers so we could pass the word. My plans tend to be very last minute as I have to work my schedule around wife and kids etc.
Sam has been tracking routes with his GS and we are transferring them to maps so next time we meet we can pass out some areas to ride.
Week end before this one we messed around in Osecola and that had tons of great places.
I'd definately be interested in going on one of those rides. I'll send my phone number in a PM. I tend to do a lot of stuff last minute too, but my schedule is pretty flexible most of the time.

On an unrelated note, I saw someone riding a bright green KLR650 at the beach yesterday (Sunday, after the marathon.) Just wondering if it's someone from here on ADV...
Old 02-28-2008, 11:52 AM   #25
kaosrider
Studly Adventurer

I am planning to go to the Bike Week Dixie Dual Sport ride on March 8th in Daytona. I will be riding down Saturday morning. Anyone else going from Jax??
Old 02-29-2008, 08:58 AM   #26
g27radio
We Todd Ed

Quote:
I am planning to go to the Bike Week Dixie Dual Sport ride on March 8th in Daytona. I will be riding down Saturday morning. Anyone else going from Jax??
I was hoping to go, but I think my bike is probably too loud to pass the sound check. I was going to get a quiet insert for the exhaust, but my car broke down so I need to put some money into that instead. Cars suck. Bikes rule.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:57 AM   #27
PirateJohn OP
Banned

Quote:

I might be interested in doing that.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:36 AM   #28
PirateJohn OP
Banned

Ton Up party

Ran into a bunch of ADVRiders last night at the annual Ton Up vintage bike party in St. Augustine.

Good to see y'all!

Now, who's got the photos?
Old 03-06-2008, 02:46 PM   #29
g27radio
We Todd Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn
Ran into a bunch of ADVRiders last night at the annual Ton Up vintage bike party in St. Augustine.

Good to see y'all!

Now, who's got the photos?
Somehow I managed to go the whole time without getting any photos. Lot of cool people, cool bikes, good food, and good music. The Downshifters rocked. Thanks to the Ton Up guys for hosting a fun event!

Sunday I went riding at an undisclosed location in Jax and recorded some video. The video is mostly of everyone else, I'm only in it at the very end. Which is fine because watching my ride compared to some of the other guys out there is pretty boring. Man, trying to keep up with those MX bikes on my dual-sport was hard work. Anyways, check out the vid: (WARNING: Video contains loud music and F-bombs)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=N-QIjTRSPVY
Old 03-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #30
kaosrider
Studly Adventurer

Way to go radio. It is great that you bring a camera long. Thanks for the fun.