Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2003, 10:57 AM   #61
Javarilla OP
Escapee

Oddometer: 23,456
Quote:
Said Chopperman:
So uh how did you manage to get the pics? Was a whole bunch of 'em cussing about the lost rourist taking pictures ?

Well done mang. How do you walk with balls that big?
Re: Kudos, Recognition, Applause...
Thanks all - but believe me when I say, I did it all for EVY. And for Rabia. And Terrie. And that woman that works Caffe Appassionato on Sunday mornings who always rings my coffee up wrong so she can press the coins into my hand and say, with a devilish smile, "69". And the little plump tattooed bike-crazy hippie skateboard chick who works at the Long Grass bakery. I didn't do it for my wife, or my mom, or my sisters - They'll have me committed again if they know what I'm up too.

Re: How'd I get the pics?
I took the camera to the enduro, but not on the enduro - I figured I'd have a tough time makin' the numbers and there'd be no time for photography. It turns out to have been a REAL smart move - I'd tentatively attached it to my Camelbak. I do believe that if I'd left it there, they'd have been surgically removing it from my body... But NOW there are disposable digitals! Life shall be different.

I rode back 4 days after the event and, with the help of a few painkillers, walked a couple short stretches of the trail and took the pics. (Then I got lost and spent the whole day running fire roads.)

I'm pretty spry right now - JohnJen and I made a pass at brakes for OVAD. But, for a while there, my arms didn't want to bend or straighten, which, if you've eaten with me, you know this poses a REAL problem. Standing, walking, sleeping, and sitting in a chair with a back is a big problem. If you watched Marc deal with his back problems down at Sierra - well, picture a happy, prancing, ballerina pony - because that's what Marc looked like next to me the day after the event.

The funny thing is I can ride just fine. In fact, I'll post some pic's from what Marc and I did the next day. My arms rest just fine on the Ricky bars. My ass, which endured no penetration (thenk ya Jesus!) is quite comfy on my Rich's seat. The only thing I gotta worry about is making sure I can get my leg down when I roll to a stop after an hour or so in the saddle.

The pics don't do some of the nastiness justice. I'm gonna lead a Marc and JohnJen up so they could walk bits of the trail and see what it was really like.

Javarilla screwed with this post 08-31-2003 at 11:41 AM
Javarilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 11:17 AM   #62
Javarilla OP
Escapee

Oddometer: 23,456
Quote:
Said traveltoad:
So the REAL reason you didn't ride with Jean-Luc, MotorMike, Ricardo, Capt. Ron and myself at the Sierra Soire is that it was TOO EASY!!!!!

Give me your address and I'll send you a beer!
Re: So the real reason...
Nah. I was still K-bikin' that morning - but I came real close to going with ya. I told Ricky I was good to go, but then my more sensible side kicked in. That and the grogginess from only 5 hrs sleep.

Unfortunately, I ran into Baldy and the gang later that day, and was probably submarining about the time you guys were rock climbing. See, Baldy's gang got the monkey out to play because they had a chick with 'em. For whatever reason, you doubledog dare me in front of a woman, and you got yourself a 3rd grade boy on your hands.
Javarilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 12:06 PM   #63
Baldy
Site Owner

Oddometer: 8,926
This is the most hilarious ride report I have ever read and I hereby induct it into the top spot on the ride report hall of fame: http://www.advrider.com/Fame/Fame.html (you may have to refresh your browser).

Old 08-29-2003, 12:11 PM   #64
iillyyaa
Adwrenchurer!

Oddometer: 2,421

You've got a real knack for good storytelling, and an equally impressive ability (and desire) to find what to tell stories about.

You story might have just inspired me to look up local enduro runs that are coming up. I'd taken my ATK on a Turkey run in the spring, and I was glad that I didn't take the GS, 'cause the amount of mud that I had to paddle through would have swallowed all 580lbs of it whole. Now that it dried up a bit, it may be more doable. Maybe I'll scout with the ATK first... methinks...

If you're going to take near-600lb anvil on a dirt trail, you'd better hope there's going to be someone there to help you pull it back on the trail, or else bring comfortable hiking boots. The great thing about these organized events are the sandbaggers and the sweepers at the end of the day. Lets you worry about the here and now, and not so much about a few minutes from now. :-)

You, Javarilla, da man! Kudos for doing it, and thanks for sharing.
--
Ilya
'02 Suzuki SV650 CCS/LRRS #760 Expert
iillyyaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 12:21 PM   #65
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,640
I think Javarilla is a stud for doing an enduro on a GS. But I'm a little annoyed. He has now raised the bar so high... well, frankly, I'm a little scared to even look!
Old 08-29-2003, 12:29 PM   #66
Baldy
Site Owner

Oddometer: 8,926
Quote:
Said Javarilla:

For whatever reason, you doubledog dare me in front of a woman, and you got yourself a 3rd grade boy on your hands.
Aha! So Raaaaabbbbbiiiiiaaaa, who took me to task as a troublemaker for getting you to ride through the creek, was in fact the culprit because she was standing beside me during the double-dog dare...

And to think I thought it was my charm that dunnit when all along it was this smile:

Old 08-29-2003, 03:40 PM   #67
Marc
Just sayin...

Oddometer: 8,967
Thumb

Lemme tell 'ya... I've seen the bruises and the photos don't begin to do 'em justice. Jav is one banged-up hombre. Balls so big he's gotta walk bowl-legged. And the next weekend, he was out riding trials - although it was on a real trials bike (Gas Gas I think) this time.

ADVrider of the year - IMHO.

Marc
Old 08-29-2003, 06:23 PM   #68
Rad
Just me

Oddometer: 12,170
Daymn

Big balls, little brains

Dat kinda combo will do two things....get ya hurt and make for great ride reports.
Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 07:53 PM   #69
fish
Banned

Oddometer: 47,709
Quote:
Said Javarilla:
I'm gonna lead a Marc and JohnJen up
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 08:07 PM   #70
Gerg
Cupcake

Oddometer: 8,324
Dayum 'rilla. You're one tough Hombre
Great Read!!!

Greg
Gerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 08:12 PM   #71
FlyingScotsman
Crash Test Dummy

Oddometer: 1,777
Thanks

Man, you AINT nuts, you're an inspiration!

FlyingScotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 08:15 PM   #72
knary
sunshine and puppies

Oddometer: 29,413
Javarilla,
I'm only repeating what has already been said, but that is the single best riding tale I've *ever* read or heard. I'm pussy footing around trying to decide if I want to put some new tires or something on the bike and YOU are out crushing rocks.

"biggest balls in the forest" is right.

Go Jane Go - Analog Jane and her three chamber heart

Goodbye Toolfan
knary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 08:31 PM   #73
CroMag
Gelande Sauté It

Oddometer: 3,044
It's a good hurt

Javarilla,

That was an abso-fucking-lutley awesome story. We gotta send you a trophy or something (besides a case of Wild Turkey and Advil).

The real question is, did you get laid after all that?????

Mondo Slabo to Alabamo
CroMag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 08:33 PM   #74
BigDave
Adventure Drummer

Oddometer: 3,968
Un-real report. Just excellent. Better than TV this evening for sure.

Sounds like somthin I'd do. I actually got in way over my head on my KLR once. I hope I am not that retarded on my Tiger.

GStud of the Year Award!

Nice job LatteMonk
BigDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 11:51 PM   #75
RockyRaccoon
Found:Gideon's Bible

Oddometer: 61,282
Thumb

Havaria! Havaria! Havaria!

http://www.pbase.com/image/19839831
RockyRaccoon is offline   Reply With Quote