ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 03:43 PM   #1
bluebird120 OP
Farts Are Funny

Oddometer: 68
puppy dog route

looking for the puppy dog route up throgh mass and vt

ive seen it before and now ive searched and came up with nothing.. anyone?
bluebird120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:49 PM   #2
flexfoot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
PD Route

Bluebird,

I have the North to South route sheet. Give me a holler if you want a copy.BTW, would you be interested in doing it some Sat or Sun in October?
Could do it in one day, as long as it wasn't raining I'm guessing. Let me know. I'm in W.MA

Steve
01 BMW F650 Dakar
flexfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:43 AM   #3
crazyal
dumb ass

Oddometer: 120
try here

I knew it was somewere in the cobwebs of my mind.
http://www.vtbmwmov.org/rides.html

05 weestrom mildly farkled SOLD

02 drz250 the little yellow tractor [COLOR=black]Sold
crazyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 01:53 PM   #4
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,458
Awesome!

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA

Get your sweet Pyndon DakARTwork here

Pyndon '13
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:05 AM   #5
Helmet Head
Have bike, will travel...

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyal
I knew it was somewere in the cobwebs of my mind.
http://www.vtbmwmov.org/rides.html
I translated those routes to Mapsource a number of years ago as a favor to someone and didn't know they would stay posted on the MOV site for years to come. They had some errors then, and they're outdated now. Don't use them.

I recently updated them to the best of my knowledge and you can download them here:

LINK

Have fun!
"Today I accidentally stepped on a snail on the sidewalk in front of our house. And I thought, I too am like that snail. I build a defensive wall around myself, a "shell" if you will. But my shell isn't made out of a hard, protective substance. Mine is made out of tinfoil and paper bags."
Helmet Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:00 AM   #6
apeirce
So I was following Andrew

Oddometer: 2,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet Head
I translated those routes to Mapsource a number of years ago as a favor to someone and didn't know they would stay posted on the MOV site for years to come. They had some errors then, and they're outdated now. Don't use them.

I recently updated them to the best of my knowledge and you can download them here:

LINK

Have fun!
Thank you, interested in opening these and adding it to the Trans Mass route.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #7
apeirce
So I was following Andrew

Oddometer: 2,721
Well, I took HelmetHead's updated routes and joined them with the Trans Mass route an came up with a nice 418 mile ride.

This looks like fun:

Old 08-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #8
SwitchThrottle
Bring da amber lamps

Oddometer: 1,048
I was thinking of doing the same thing and then riding it round trip in a long weekend with a couple buddies.

Riding a motorcycle is fun. Riding a supermoto is inexplicable.
SwitchThrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:34 AM   #9
BBQer
Who Me

Oddometer: 766
Quote:
I translated those routes to Mapsource a number of years ago
Being completley lazy and not opening your new routes I'm probably speaking out of my ass here but... I know that the VT club had posted new routes on their site this year for their annual ride. They did some tweaking of the older route, I didn't run it this year so don't know exactly what. I do know that the central campground is no longer at Allis State Park cause the floating bridge is no longer open.
640 Adventure
250 EXC
BBQer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #10
toofast4uu
adventurer

Oddometer: 968
are these dirt roads? or a mixture of both? I'm heading up to Cromag next Friday, and trying to plan the route..would prefer to utilize back roads and as much dirt as possible..
Old 09-16-2009, 05:43 PM   #11
edfetz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 991
I rode route, mid August, from Conn / New York thru Mass and about 50 miles into VT (as the crow flies) Id say the route is 80-90% dirt. Mostly graded and easy. Here is a .gpx file if you can use it.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx CN-MA-VT dirt.gpx (436.6 KB, 581 views)
JGRMX-Pirelli Tires

edfetz screwed with this post 09-16-2009 at 05:53 PM
edfetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:50 PM   #12
edfetz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 991
There was one spot we encountered in VT that was a bit challenging but short. You had to drop off a few small rock ledges (going north) I marked it with the waypoint "you can make it" because it looks like a logging trail but it goes thru to graded dirt again. We did it with camping gear loaded bikes and Tourances.
Attached Images

JGRMX-Pirelli Tires
edfetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #13
erohver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
I rode the northern half of this route Saturday and it was fun! First off, I arrived at the first waypoint on my borrowed GPS to find a diner with another KLR and a GS parked out front. I stopped in for coffee and by sheer coincidence met the architect of the above mentioned route. He and his friend were just returning from an endurance rally that I'd been invited to weeks ago, but due to a lack of passport I couldn't play up in Quebec. Next year, I promise. They were heading home on that very route and invited me to tag along, and tag along I did! I apologize for the lack of photos, there was no stopping for the first 150 + miles!
erohver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #14
ScottV
bigdoggscott

Oddometer: 1,097
I downloaded the routes from the BMW MOV website http://www.vtbmwmov.org/rides/ I noticed the north section of the 2009 route is different than the 2008 version and the south routes are almost exactly the same.

Does anyone know if the north route was changed because of road closures, paved etc. Or was it changed just to have a different route? If just changed for the heck of it, can anyone tell me which one is better? I'm assuming they both have something to offer. I'm planning on doing the whole ride combined with the Trans-Mass trail sometime next month.

Thanks, Scott

Pushin My Luck~~~ R.L. Burnside
ScottV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:50 AM   #15
ET-VT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdoggscott
I downloaded the routes from the BMW MOV website http://www.vtbmwmov.org/rides/ I noticed the north section of the 2009 route is different than the 2008 version and the south routes are almost exactly the same.

Does anyone know if the north route was changed because of road closures, paved etc. Or was it changed just to have a different route? If just changed for the heck of it, can anyone tell me which one is better? I'm assuming they both have something to offer. I'm planning on doing the whole ride combined with the Trans-Mass trail sometime next month.

Thanks, Scott
The 2009 route was changed because the state park that served as the rally point was closed to camping for budget reasons. The new route to Silver Lake was planned in a hurry and spent a bit too much time on pavement.

We've got new 2010 GPX files posted now that cut out unnecessary pavement and also eliminate one tricky spot where some people fell over last year.

So, the answer is that the 2010 version is the best route. 2009 is probably the least desirable.
ET-VT is offline   Reply With Quote