ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #91
DonHo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by themobb
Thanks for the track/waypoints!

I'll be up next week snooping around... Did you really take the F8 on that stuff?
Not on the stock tires I'm guessing?

Lance

I really didn't have any problems on the trails...it was dry for most of both 81 & 82. I was running the regular Metzeler tourances. If it was very muddy, you might need more aggressive tires. (Karoo T or the like).

You gonna be in tellico plains weekend of 14th an 15th?? I am thinking of doing some more exploring then. BEAUTIFUL RIDING... and lots of it!

14 1200GSAW, 12F800gs, 11Griso, 10XR1200, 08S2R1000, 90BMW K1, 77Boneville, 76R75/6
DonHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #92
Python423 OP
TnAdvRiders.com

Oddometer: 1,273
Glad you guys are enjoying the area...

http://www.facebook.com/python423
Python423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:46 AM   #93
flyinfuzz
2 Quarts low

Oddometer: 1,754
Sept riding

Hey We are going to be in and around Blue ridge Ga Sept 12-18 on our annual slow fat bike vacation- 2 klr 650"s .Going to ride around in Cohutta and wait on our token fast guy/sadist to reride Windy gap on his xt 250 again. Last year we got caught in the dark and fog at the top trail head- 40 miles from the cabin .Wondering if we could do trail 82 on the beasties? Also heading southeast around Dial Ga and catch some fs roads down to Suches and back around to blue ridge. See ya on the trails . Andy
Old 08-22-2010, 08:46 AM   #94
Minimike
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 881
We're fixing the worst section of Trail 82 on Wednesday. I'll take some photo's and post them. Much of the trail has been cut to a 36" wide foot track. We have 243 volunteer hours on that trail just this year alone.

If you're a good rider, know your bike, and have 50/50 tires then Trail 82 shouldn't be a problem. There is one hill, heading East on the trail, that can be hard to get up if it's wet. If you're running 80/20 tires it would be extremely hard to get up in the rain.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:56 AM   #95
flyinfuzz
2 Quarts low

thanks for the infro and everyones hard work.As for our riding skills we stupidly took the klrs up windy gap to where the trail narrows and turns into rollie rocks - a long day!!! see ya on the trails andy
Old 08-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #96
Honda Scoot
My First Gold Chain

Oddometer: 357
TP, Ultimate DS Ride

My liitle bro has put together a 3 day DS vacation for us north coasters (3 Ohio & 1 Mississippi rider) based at the TP Cabins Sept 23rd to the 25th.

Your posts and trail work are sure to make this a memorable trip for us!

Windy Gap eludes my searches. Sounds fascinating.
Honda Scoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:14 PM   #97
flyinfuzz
2 Quarts low

Go to Gerogia off road and look under ORV trails of reviews. Have fun. ps no cell service and get the f**k off the mountain before dark and fog rolls in. trust me on this. Andy
Old 08-25-2010, 04:16 AM   #98
Honda Scoot
My First Gold Chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinfuzz
Go to Gerogia off road and look under ORV trails of reviews. Have fun. ps no cell service and get the f**k off the mountain before dark and fog rolls in. trust me on this. Andy
Thanks! I didn't search to the south.

Understood! I pulled that stunt in July 09 (different state and mountain). I was alone and really releaved to see electric lights through the trees.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #99
Minimike
Studly Adventurer

Aug 25th Work on Trail 82, Cherokee National Forest:

Track off 1st time

Come-a-long to lift it to get the track back on.

Track of 2nd time. We were like a Nascar pit crew & got the second one back on in a mater of minutes. Well less than 20 minutes any way.

We put in 5 or six water bars, I think. Too tired to remember.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:07 PM   #100
Grizz Adams
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimike
Aug 25th Work on Trail 82, Cherokee National Forest:

Track off 1st time

Come-a-long to lift it to get the track back on.

Track of 2nd time. We were like a Nascar pit crew & got the second one back on in a mater of minutes. Well less than 20 minutes any way.

We put in 5 or six water bars, I think. Too tired to remember.

Mike,

No words can express how appreciative I am of you and others who work so hard in that area, so that guys like myself can ride your way and enjoy a weekend of riding. I really do appreciate all you and your shop does to keep the area fun for the DS crowd!

"I go where the voices in my head tell me to!"

KTM 990 ADV- "Annika"
08 DR650 for sale
2006 ZG1000-for sale
Grizz Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:05 AM   #101
flyinfuzz
2 Quarts low

Is that the new KLr? I see they haven't fixed the dohicky problem yet . Just want to say thanks again for everyones hard work on the trails. Andy
Old 09-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #102
ADW
'tard bike restos

Oddometer: 517
Water crossings: gravel or slimy/snotty?

Hey Python...thanks for the great GPS tracks. May be coming down there with 2 08 KLR650 and one F800GS in a few weeks. Question on the water crossings...are they all gravel bottom or are some of them that slippery slimy/snotty stuff you can't even WALK on much less ride on?
Old 09-07-2010, 04:40 PM   #103
MikeNC
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADW
Hey Python...thanks for the great GPS tracks. May be coming down there with 2 08 KLR650 and one F800GS in a few weeks. Question on the water crossings...are they all gravel bottom or are some of them that slippery slimy/snotty stuff you can't even WALK on much less ride on?
My brother ran most of the GPS track on F800's. Witt road had most of the creek crossings. I only remember one that had a solid rock bottom. We went through fine but just went with the flow as the bike moved around a bit. I think the locals know the best line through - by luck I picked a much better line than my brother.
MikeNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 06:22 AM   #104
Honda Scoot
My First Gold Chain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Scoot
My liitle bro has put together a 3 day DS vacation for us north coasters (3 Ohio & 1 Mississippi rider) based at the TP Cabins Sept 23rd to the 25th.
Down to 3 riders as one has turned smurfy (black and blue) after is Husky bucked him off. He's OK but at 66 yrs being S.O.R.E. takes recovery time.

The more I look at the county maps, due the Polk Co. roads south of the Ocoee river warrant riding a southern loop?
Sina / Sawmill / Peavine Sheeds / Big Frog / Gassaway etc... ?

If so, is the Gassaway / Rt 64 bridge open?

Also, We are open to any additional suggestions that were not previously mentioned on this thread.

Thanks again for this great info!
Old 09-26-2010, 06:14 AM   #105
Minimike
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda Scoot
Down to 3 riders as one has turned smurfy (black and blue) after is Husky bucked him off. He's OK but at 66 yrs being S.O.R.E. takes recovery time.

The more I look at the county maps, due the Polk Co. roads south of the Ocoee river warrant riding a southern loop?
Sina / Sawmill / Peavine Sheeds / Big Frog / Gassaway etc... ?

If so, is the Gassaway / Rt 64 bridge open?

Also, We are open to any additional suggestions that were not previously mentioned on this thread.

Thanks again for this great info!

I haven't hit those roads South of the Ocoee River; but, all my buddies have & they said I missed a good ride. Not sure about the bridge. Will try to find out from Tom today or tomorrow.