ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2011, 02:10 PM   #5131
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Nice bike, great photos and thanks for taking us along.
+1. I like those 630s... Have fun. I hope the weather changes soon.
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #5132
indykwak
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
Thanks guys, I'm pretty excited about it. Kinda wish BMW still made the X Challenge, but this is pretty close and hopefully will be made a for few years so an aftermarket supports it. I really enjoyed the better road handling over the DRZ since I enjoy the paved roads around here also.

I actually road femme osage road three times, got to the end and turned around to ride it again, had that much fun.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:24 PM   #5133
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

You guys should plan a ride for next weekend..

I snapped.. Can't take this heat any longer. A buddy of mine says, "meet me up in Maine, it's cooler up there."
So I'm getting on my big fat adventure bike and heading out this Friday. My plan is to ride up to Maine, mostly on the interstate, then up into Canada for a week or so, taking back roads and some gravel.

It never fails, if I leave town for a weather change, it will be perfect back here in St Louis.

I can almost guarantee you guys perfect weather for next weekend.
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
Old 08-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #5134
crazydrummerdude
Wacky Bongo Boy

Oddometer: 7,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildwoodMOCruiser View Post
It never fails, if I leave town for a weather change, it will be perfect back here in St Louis.

I can almost guarantee you guys perfect weather for next weekend.
Thanks!

crazydrummerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #5135
Cumminsman76
befuddled

Oddometer: 8,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by indykwak View Post
Thanks guys, I'm pretty excited about it. Kinda wish BMW still made the X Challenge, but this is pretty close and hopefully will be made a for few years so an aftermarket supports it. I really enjoyed the better road handling over the DRZ since I enjoy the paved roads around here also.
I rode a XChallenge a few weeks back for a day or two and had a blast. I wish I had the money to pick up a 630.

Save $5 on Smugmug "1alkVgTNLEuyQ"
Cumminsman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:42 AM   #5136
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,774
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfs225 View Post
Mark, Somehow this post just fits you perfectly. You post at 7:03 am that you are going for a ride at 7:00 am and if anyone wants to join you they are welcome. This is even shorter notice that you gave me this spring. I know, I know....they can meet you on the trail.....assuming they can find you. I hope you had a great ride.
2 people found me----Kate and Steve Miller---they were waiting for me as I got off the Golden Eagle ferry.

Yes--not much notice---I only gave myself 2 minutes notice.

Mark
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 05:04 AM   #5137
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
Thanks!
I'm telling you.. 83 next Sat.... going to be the best weekend of the summer.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:23 AM   #5138
vfrpilot
Stress Relief Rider

Oddometer: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post
Thanks!
Ditto!
The wife and I are going down to Links this weekend! 83 sounds good to me!!
*2012 Gas Gas TXT250 **2014 Beta 520RS
vfrpilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:47 AM   #5139
DabsAlot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
WR250R Fuel Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by bash3r View Post
That's weird... if the PO put a new pump on it, it "should" be good as I have not heard of any newer pumps having issues. I ran my WR well.. HARD! on Sunday when it was crazy hot.. she ran like a champ.. but I do have a new pump in mine.

Good luck Steve and we'd love to hear about the rest of your weekend..
I called my local Yamaha dealer just in case they were willing to help me out on my fuel pump issues since it has been at lest a known issue, if not a common issue, on these bikes. Response was: "I have not heard of such an issue with this bike, give me the VIN and I can see if there is any recall or service bulletin". "No I don't see anything for fuel pumps on your bike". But...that's what I expected from a dealer that probably doesn't move a lot of Yamahas; I know more about issues with my bike than they do. I am not bashing the dealership mind you, it just seems, in my experience, that this is typically the case.

So....where is the best place to order me a new pump?

Steve
2005 Gas Gas 280 Pro
1975 Yamaha TY-175
DabsAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:57 AM   #5140
bash3r
I ain't no DingWeed

Oddometer: 1,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by DabsAlot View Post
I called my local Yamaha dealer just in case they were willing to help me out on my fuel pump issues since it has been at lest a known issue, if not a common issue, on these bikes. Response was: "I have not heard of such an issue with this bike, give me the VIN and I can see if there is any recall or service bulletin". "No I don't see anything for fuel pumps on your bike". But...that's what I expected from a dealer that probably doesn't move a lot of Yamahas; I know more about issues with my bike than they do. I am not bashing the dealership mind you, it just seems, in my experience, that this is typically the case.

So....where is the best place to order me a new pump?

Steve
Hey Steve... you may try to haggle your Dealer one more time.. maybe give him more evidence from the forums, BigDog's site.. my website... Rick Ramsey's website.. man.. the issue is all over ADVrider in the WR monster thread and on ThumperTalk. I replaced my pump 2 weeks ago.. and I can tell a difference, even though my old pump still worked I notice when I nail the throttle there's no lag at all.. pump is much quieter too.

Here's my post on replacing the pump and I have all the part numbers there too. Everyone I know has gotten their pumps from ServiceHonda.com, thats where I got mine too.. no issues at all with my order..

See my post here: http://www.basherdesigns.com/2011/07...p-replacement/

Good luck!

ADV Gear | 3 Step Hideaway |Campground POIs
bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 06:10 PM   #5141
DabsAlot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Quote:
Hey Steve... you may try to haggle your Dealer one more time.. maybe give him more evidence from the forums, BigDog's site.. my website... Rick Ramsey's website.. man.. the issue is all over ADVrider in the WR monster thread and on ThumperTalk. I replaced my pump 2 weeks ago.. and I can tell a difference, even though my old pump still worked I notice when I nail the throttle there's no lag at all.. pump is much quieter too.

Here's my post on replacing the pump and I have all the part numbers there too. Everyone I know has gotten their pumps from ServiceHonda.com, thats where I got mine too.. no issues at all with my order..

See my post here: http://www.basherdesigns.com/2011/07...p-replacement/

Good luck!
Thanks for the info......I checked out your pump replacement documentation, it is sure to help me out, thanks for taking the time to post this information. I went ahead and ordered a pump and gasket from Service Honda. I didn't want to delay my down time any more haggling with a dealer that has nothing to gain by messing with me.

Steve
2005 Gas Gas 280 Pro
1975 Yamaha TY-175
DabsAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:41 AM   #5142
JaiDee
Petrolhead

Oddometer: 2,341
Need some route advice...SW to NE Missouri

Morning neighbors. I'm starting to plan a mid-September ride on my WR250R from NW Arkansas (Fayetteville) to the NE corner of Missouri and would like to primarily ride the back roads (dirt & gravel) and smaller rural highways to get there. I'd really appreciate it if any of you could give me some advice, point me towards some good routes (in Laying Down Tracks or elsewhere?), sights I shouldn't miss, interesting RRs or anything else that might help me plan a fun route across your state.

The trip I'm planning will take me to SE Iowa, up the eastern side of the state, then west across the central part and over to Lincoln, Nebraska. From there I'll go south to Salina, Kansas, then on to Tulsa, Oklahoma and finally back here to Fayetteville...just in case any of you might be familiar with any of those areas and have sage advice for where to ride.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be willing and able to give me!

-JD
- Robert Frost
"Charter Member of the T.O. Club" '08 WR250R, '05 F650GS Dakar
JaiDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:54 PM   #5143
bash3r
I ain't no DingWeed

Oddometer: 1,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiDee View Post
Morning neighbors. I'm starting to plan a mid-September ride on my WR250R from NW Arkansas (Fayetteville) to the NE corner of Missouri and would like to primarily ride the back roads (dirt & gravel) and smaller rural highways to get there. I'd really appreciate it if any of you could give me some advice, point me towards some good routes (in Laying Down Tracks or elsewhere?), sights I shouldn't miss, interesting RRs or anything else that might help me plan a fun route across your state.

The trip I'm planning will take me to SE Iowa, up the eastern side of the state, then west across the central part and over to Lincoln, Nebraska. From there I'll go south to Salina, Kansas, then on to Tulsa, Oklahoma and finally back here to Fayetteville...just in case any of you might be familiar with any of those areas and have sage advice for where to ride.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be willing and able to give me!

-JD
I can hook you up with the Trans Missouri Trail ride me and my buddy did earlier.. its from Blue Eye, MO to Wentzville, MO.. and I could help you get up north too ... with the help of other MO ADV'rs...

Here's my ride report.. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692869

Sounds like you are going to have a good ride!

ADV Gear | 3 Step Hideaway |Campground POIs
bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:16 PM   #5144
singletrackrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
husky demo days

Gateway bmw is having a demo day Sep.18th at briggs offroad training camp.Demo rides on new huskys,barbecue and poker run.More info go to http://briggs.studiocdz.com/forum/index.php?topic=119.0
singletrackrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 05:32 PM   #5145
JaiDee
Petrolhead

Oddometer: 2,341
Quote:
I can hook you up with the Trans Missouri Trail ride me and my buddy did earlier.. its from Blue Eye, MO to Wentzville, MO.. and I could help you get up north too ... with the help of other MO ADV'rs...

Here's my ride report.. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=692869

Sounds like you are going to have a good ride!
Yeah, I read and greatly enjoyed your RR and was thinking hooking into it might be a good way to go. I never examined your route too closely though and worried that it may go further east than I have time for. Did you post your track/route in Laying Down Tracks?

-JD
- Robert Frost
"Charter Member of the T.O. Club" '08 WR250R, '05 F650GS Dakar
JaiDee is offline   Reply With Quote