ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2011, 04:04 PM   #5206
mikehailwood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 109
Ken, Have you taken to tagging tunnel walls these days?

Mike
mikehailwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #5207
studad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Fixted it

Very nice! Looks like tomorrow at noon I'm back to riding after a looooong 2 days without a bike.

If anybody gets to Howell or Texas counties get in touch. I'm back on dirt.
studad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #5208
kanur
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
OH NO!!!!

That's my buddy Tom's Bike. Now there's one less guy to ride with down in my part of the state

Just kidding, congrats on the bike. Tom was to busy to get out much and he didn't like to ride by himself so the bike really has no time on it. If you get back around Cape I can give you a good tour of the Shawnee national forest in S IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri650 View Post
I just picked up this 04 KTM 450 MXC - street legal and plated. Have a set of D606's coming today - and a mirror. Looking to get it out this weekend to give it a spin so if anyone is riding on Sunday let me know. Thanks.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:27 AM   #5209
tri650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
Kanur - sorry about that. Tom was a great guy to deal with. He did say he had no time to ride with a basement full of vintage bikes.

I will take you up on your offer. I really want to get a lot more active on this bike as soon as the weather gets a little cooler. Planning on thrashing it this weekend on some local trails.
tri650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:44 AM   #5210
kanur
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri650 View Post
Kanur - sorry about that. Tom was a great guy to deal with. He did say he had no time to ride with a basement full of vintage bikes.

I will take you up on your offer. I really want to get a lot more active on this bike as soon as the weather gets a little cooler. Planning on thrashing it this weekend on some local trails.
Cool, just send a pm or email. I have almost the same bike, 2004 EXC 400 that is street legal. I really like the bike and have had it to CO and UT several times.

Regards, Dennis
Old 08-26-2011, 03:22 PM   #5211
studad
Studly Adventurer

Weekend

So who's going to be in the ozarks this weekend?

Im going to try to ride Sunday.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:03 PM   #5212
dwthump
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Labor Day Ride

NDKRomany

Count me in on the ride for the Labor Day weekend. I can do road/twisties or gravel roads on my KLR650 but nothing really gnarly off-road as I have a 16 tooth C/S sprocket for the road and it doesn't go slow enough for technical stuff.

Yard Dog

Kool KLR! Is that a 2010? I've a 2009 in blue.

Darren
dwthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:30 PM   #5213
yard dog
cheap but not free

Oddometer: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehailwood View Post
Ken, Have you taken to tagging tunnel walls these days?

Mike
No. I just marked my spot the manly way

Darren it's a very early 2008. Poster child for all that went wrong with the new version KLR. I finally got all of the bugs out of it and plan on keeping it a long time. Ken
yard dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:45 AM   #5214
tri650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
Labor Day Ride

Looks like I will be heading down to cousins farm in St. James for thrashing the KTM tomorrow.

Up for Labor Day ride. Would most likely be a one-day affair and Saturday is looking best for me - although Sunday could work also. I would defer to the experts who have ridden the area for a route.
tri650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 08:10 PM   #5215
studad
Studly Adventurer

Busy weekend

Friday I picked up the g650x in Springfield. Its awesome that was around lunchtime. At dinner I asked stuboy if he'd rather see captain america at the theater or get a dirt bike. He couldn't decide. I couldn't believe it. Finally he says dirt bike and we got the hell out of pizza hut and dashed across town to pick up the 05 PW50. If you were ever wondering, they pretty easily fit in the trunk of a jetta sedan.

Today I got some 4 year old sized Thor boots (he loved that they were the same boots Thor wears) and a new kick ass helmet for him. He made it all the way across the back yard, first try. It was awesome. Then stumom wants to learn.

She pulled a sweet doughnut and lays my new bike gently (seriously) on it's crash bars and saddlebags. Second try she takes off out of the back yard and loops several laps around the back field.

I got two new riders started today. That feels great. Anybody have a wife that wants to sign up or a msf course this fall? Might as well send two together.

Anyway. Buying the two didn't touch the excitement of seeing the two go off on their own for the first time.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:25 AM   #5216
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by studad View Post
Friday I picked up the g650x in Springfield. Its awesome that was around lunchtime. At dinner I asked stuboy if he'd rather see captain america at the theater or get a dirt bike. He couldn't decide. I couldn't believe it. Finally he says dirt bike and we got the hell out of pizza hut and dashed across town to pick up the 05 PW50. If you were ever wondering, they pretty easily fit in the trunk of a jetta sedan.

Today I got some 4 year old sized Thor boots (he loved that they were the same boots Thor wears) and a new kick ass helmet for him. He made it all the way across the back yard, first try. It was awesome. Then stumom wants to learn.

She pulled a sweet doughnut and lays my new bike gently (seriously) on it's crash bars and saddlebags. Second try she takes off out of the back yard and loops several laps around the back field.

I got two new riders started today. That feels great. Anybody have a wife that wants to sign up or a msf course this fall? Might as well send two together.

Anyway. Buying the two didn't touch the excitement of seeing the two go off on their own for the first time.
How does that saying go?
"It didn't happen, if you don't have pictures!"

Ha.. Lets see some pics of the new bikes and riders..
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 05:03 PM   #5217
studad
Studly Adventurer

Proof

Nothing for proof of my bride behind the bars, but this was today's adventure!
Old 08-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #5218
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,235
Nice wheels! Looks like the kids enjoyed the day too!
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 06:24 PM   #5219
studad
Studly Adventurer

Thanks! We went all over the yard, down to the river, across the low water bridge, to the top of the 'mountain' and back to the cabin for a picnic in the grass. If days like this don't turn them into enthusiasts, I don't know what will.

The little pw is fun. It'll haul me around pretty well, but I still think pit bikers need to be on a public registry of some sort
Old 08-28-2011, 06:30 PM   #5220
robotsthrowingrocks
pray for snow

Oddometer: 103
I want to buy my girlfriend a little bike along those lines. (she is small with no riding experience). The side benefits would definitely include shenanigans when no one was looking.