ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #5221
Rock-Bound-Hound
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Links Tracks?

Hey All....I'm heading out to Links. Wondering if anyone would share some of their favorite singletrack or scenic spots via GPS?

Thanks.....
Rock-Bound-Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #5222
studad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 748
I took a morning ride after getting things going at work... I can't make a habit of this, but the weather and the new bike gave me little choice.

And without moving the bike, took this one, too!

studad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #5223
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,265
Nice artwork on the wall behind the bike! Haha....anyway, great pictures. Is the bike brand new or new to you? Sure looks good.
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #5224
studad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 748
Thanks! I didn't expect all the paint down there... I just pulled off and saw some two track going to the creek. Once I got down under the bridge there were a few bottles in the brush, but it wasn't just trashed, and you sure couldn't see anything but beauty from the road. I liked the contrast of the two views of the bike in this location.

The bike's new to me, pre-farkled. i can't even think of much I'd add to it. Probably a topcase sometime. Definitely a proper skid plate. Nothing's pressing though. OH and I guess a GPS so I can share tracks with some of you guys.
studad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #5225
Cumminsman76
befuddled

Oddometer: 8,455
Rode some of the creek roads in Warren County Sunday on a 650X Challenge. Big difference from the 1200GSA.

Save $5 on Smugmug "1alkVgTNLEuyQ"
Cumminsman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #5226
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by studad View Post
The bike's new to me, pre-farkled. i can't even think of much I'd add to it. Probably a topcase sometime. Definitely a proper skid plate. Nothing's pressing though. OH and I guess a GPS so I can share tracks with some of you guys.

It certainly looks minty fresh...the PO must have taken really good care of it.
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #5227
robotsthrowingrocks
pray for snow

Oddometer: 105
Anyone have riding plans on Saturday? I have been kicked out of my house (girlfriend is on night rotation) for the day. I will probably go to St Joe's if no one is up to anything else.

I could bring a Sportster or a plated dirtbike, but nothing truly dualsport so I'll probably play on mostly pavement/gravel with the sportster, or trailer the husky until I'm near more serious dirt.

robotsthrowingrocks screwed with this post 08-29-2011 at 05:50 PM
robotsthrowingrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #5228
indykwak
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotsthrowingrocks View Post
Anyone have riding plans on Saturday? I have been kicked out of my house (girlfriend is on night rotation) for the day. I will probably go to St Joe's if no one is up to anything else.

I could bring a Sportster or a plated dirtbike, but nothing truly dualsport so I'll probably play on mostly pavement/gravel with the sportster, or trailer the husky until I'm near more serious dirt.
Small world, I think my wife is working a night rotation on Friday night, so I should be good for riding on Saturday. I got a te 630 and ZRX 1200. So, I'll need to be pure street or dual sport to dirt. I'll do trails on the 630, but not sure about St. Joe's. Let me know if you're interested.

I'd rather ride the 630 since it's new, but the 1200 needs some love too, it's been getting neglected.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:53 PM   #5229
robotsthrowingrocks
pray for snow

Oddometer: 105
I've only used the Huskies offroad so far. The 449 has a plate, but non-DOT tires and no blinkers or mirrors. It may technically be street legal, but it's really a dirt bike. Huge tire wear is my biggest concern. The most I'd probably take it on the street is something like the creek roads in Warrenton, and I'd trailer out there. I'm still game though if you have a route in mind that is mostly off pavement.

rjharris has a somewhat similar bike to your 630, a Husaberg FE 570. He'd probably have some advice on how it would do out at St Joe or Finger Lakes for future reference.
Old 08-30-2011, 06:10 PM   #5230
dwthump
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Trials Event

I'm based in the Belleville, IL area and am planning a day trip up to Peoria to see the observed trials championship. I am planning on riding up on Sunday on my KLR650 Oct. 2 and will return the same day. The event is at the same track that recently sponsored the TT race. Trials riding is cool, search You Tube for some videos. Give me a trials bike and a pile of rocks and I'd be a happy man.

Darren
dwthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #5231
indykwak
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotsthrowingrocks View Post
I've only used the Huskies offroad so far. The 449 has a plate, but non-DOT tires and no blinkers or mirrors. It may technically be street legal, but it's really a dirt bike. Huge tire wear is my biggest concern. The most I'd probably take it on the street is something like the creek roads in Warrenton, and I'd trailer out there. I'm still game though if you have a route in mind that is mostly off pavement.

rjharris has a somewhat similar bike to your 630, a Husaberg FE 570. He'd probably have some advice on how it would do out at St Joe or Finger Lakes for future reference.
The creek roads are always fun, I'll see if I can string together a route that cuts down on street miles. Anybody else interested?
Old 08-31-2011, 06:35 AM   #5232
rustynut2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwthump View Post
I'm based in the Belleville, IL area and am planning a day trip up to Peoria to see the observed trials championship. I am planning on riding up on Sunday on my KLR650 Oct. 2 and will return the same day. The event is at the same track that recently sponsored the TT race. Trials riding is cool, search You Tube for some videos. Give me a trials bike and a pile of rocks and I'd be a happy man.

Darren
Darron, you're to big for that stuff now.......You need a gps so you can run Garys track, it was great and a must do if you go that way.

12 T800XC
09 KLR 650
rustynut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:01 PM   #5233
rjharris
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by indykwak View Post
The creek roads are always fun, I'll see if I can string together a route that cuts down on street miles. Anybody else interested?
I am interested in riding sometime this weekend. I have an afternoon commitment Saturday. My daughter has her second audition for the St Louis Youth Symphony. Let me know what your plans are. The thing about St Joe, you can ride in the flats (sandy area) and then pick how much you want to ride in the woods. I think you can avoid getting into trouble in the woods if you don't ride too fast and you can always turn around if the trail you are on becomes too radical. When I first got my Husaberg FE570, I just stayed in the flat area until I became more comfortable with the bike. I rode sweep with Pro Dirt Dale earlier in the year, at a MO Hare Scramble with it. Interesting experience The ruts were about 18 inches deep at the end of the races!
rjharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:12 AM   #5234
tri650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 356
Open for Saturday

I could do something Saturday until early afternoon. Wife and I are heading to the Ozarks late afternoon. I could start early but would need to wrap up by about 2. I will be on my street legal KTM MXC 450 so I would be interested in dirt/gravel. Let me know if anyone is interested. If not, I am thinking about trailoring down to Brazil Creek and exploring Mark Twain in that area. If anyone has done any riding in that area I would be interested in what you thought.
tri650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:14 AM   #5235
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,039
Where is Brazil Creek area? I am free Monday so if it is near I might head over there.