ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #5221
Rock-Bound-Hound
Adventurer
 
Rock-Bound-Hound's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Just West of the metroplex...
Oddometer: 22
Links Tracks?

Hey All....I'm heading out to Links. Wondering if anyone would share some of their favorite singletrack or scenic spots via GPS?

Thanks.....
Rock-Bound-Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:03 AM   #5222
studad
Studly Adventurer
 
studad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Willow Springs, MO
Oddometer: 748
I took a morning ride after getting things going at work... I can't make a habit of this, but the weather and the new bike gave me little choice.



And without moving the bike, took this one, too!

studad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #5223
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 14,265
Nice artwork on the wall behind the bike! Haha....anyway, great pictures. Is the bike brand new or new to you? Sure looks good.
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #5224
studad
Studly Adventurer
 
studad's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Willow Springs, MO
Oddometer: 748
Thanks! I didn't expect all the paint down there... I just pulled off and saw some two track going to the creek. Once I got down under the bridge there were a few bottles in the brush, but it wasn't just trashed, and you sure couldn't see anything but beauty from the road. I liked the contrast of the two views of the bike in this location.

The bike's new to me, pre-farkled. i can't even think of much I'd add to it. Probably a topcase sometime. Definitely a proper skid plate. Nothing's pressing though. OH and I guess a GPS so I can share tracks with some of you guys.
studad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #5225
Cumminsman76
befuddled
 
Cumminsman76's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Where the bikes parked. STL
Oddometer: 8,455
Rode some of the creek roads in Warren County Sunday on a 650X Challenge. Big difference from the 1200GSA.
__________________
STURGIS ride report.
2009 R1200 Gelände/Straße Abenteuer
A GS is like chlamydia, it grows on you whether you want it to or not. WhiteManFlail

Save $5 on Smugmug "1alkVgTNLEuyQ"
Cumminsman76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #5226
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole
 
TRZ Charlie's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Fayetteville, AR
Oddometer: 14,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by studad View Post
The bike's new to me, pre-farkled. i can't even think of much I'd add to it. Probably a topcase sometime. Definitely a proper skid plate. Nothing's pressing though. OH and I guess a GPS so I can share tracks with some of you guys.

It certainly looks minty fresh...the PO must have taken really good care of it.
TRZ Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:01 PM   #5227
robotsthrowingrocks
pray for snow
 
robotsthrowingrocks's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: STL
Oddometer: 105
Anyone have riding plans on Saturday? I have been kicked out of my house (girlfriend is on night rotation) for the day. I will probably go to St Joe's if no one is up to anything else.

I could bring a Sportster or a plated dirtbike, but nothing truly dualsport so I'll probably play on mostly pavement/gravel with the sportster, or trailer the husky until I'm near more serious dirt.
__________________
11 TE449, 11 TXC250. No longer with me: 08 WR250X, 79 GS550, 01 400mxc, 10 Iron 883.

robotsthrowingrocks screwed with this post 08-29-2011 at 05:50 PM
robotsthrowingrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #5228
indykwak
Gnarly Adventurer
 
indykwak's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: STL
Oddometer: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotsthrowingrocks View Post
Anyone have riding plans on Saturday? I have been kicked out of my house (girlfriend is on night rotation) for the day. I will probably go to St Joe's if no one is up to anything else.

I could bring a Sportster or a plated dirtbike, but nothing truly dualsport so I'll probably play on mostly pavement/gravel with the sportster, or trailer the husky until I'm near more serious dirt.
Small world, I think my wife is working a night rotation on Friday night, so I should be good for riding on Saturday. I got a te 630 and ZRX 1200. So, I'll need to be pure street or dual sport to dirt. I'll do trails on the 630, but not sure about St. Joe's. Let me know if you're interested.

I'd rather ride the 630 since it's new, but the 1200 needs some love too, it's been getting neglected.
__________________
2008 BMW R1200GS
indykwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:53 PM   #5229
robotsthrowingrocks
pray for snow
 
robotsthrowingrocks's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: STL
Oddometer: 105
I've only used the Huskies offroad so far. The 449 has a plate, but non-DOT tires and no blinkers or mirrors. It may technically be street legal, but it's really a dirt bike. Huge tire wear is my biggest concern. The most I'd probably take it on the street is something like the creek roads in Warrenton, and I'd trailer out there. I'm still game though if you have a route in mind that is mostly off pavement.

rjharris has a somewhat similar bike to your 630, a Husaberg FE 570. He'd probably have some advice on how it would do out at St Joe or Finger Lakes for future reference.
__________________
11 TE449, 11 TXC250. No longer with me: 08 WR250X, 79 GS550, 01 400mxc, 10 Iron 883.
robotsthrowingrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:10 PM   #5230
dwthump
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: So. Illinois
Oddometer: 290
Trials Event

I'm based in the Belleville, IL area and am planning a day trip up to Peoria to see the observed trials championship. I am planning on riding up on Sunday on my KLR650 Oct. 2 and will return the same day. The event is at the same track that recently sponsored the TT race. Trials riding is cool, search You Tube for some videos. Give me a trials bike and a pile of rocks and I'd be a happy man.

Darren
dwthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 06:31 PM   #5231
indykwak
Gnarly Adventurer
 
indykwak's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: STL
Oddometer: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotsthrowingrocks View Post
I've only used the Huskies offroad so far. The 449 has a plate, but non-DOT tires and no blinkers or mirrors. It may technically be street legal, but it's really a dirt bike. Huge tire wear is my biggest concern. The most I'd probably take it on the street is something like the creek roads in Warrenton, and I'd trailer out there. I'm still game though if you have a route in mind that is mostly off pavement.

rjharris has a somewhat similar bike to your 630, a Husaberg FE 570. He'd probably have some advice on how it would do out at St Joe or Finger Lakes for future reference.
The creek roads are always fun, I'll see if I can string together a route that cuts down on street miles. Anybody else interested?
__________________
2008 BMW R1200GS
indykwak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:35 AM   #5232
rustynut2
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: illinois
Oddometer: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwthump View Post
I'm based in the Belleville, IL area and am planning a day trip up to Peoria to see the observed trials championship. I am planning on riding up on Sunday on my KLR650 Oct. 2 and will return the same day. The event is at the same track that recently sponsored the TT race. Trials riding is cool, search You Tube for some videos. Give me a trials bike and a pile of rocks and I'd be a happy man.

Darren
Darron, you're to big for that stuff now.......You need a gps so you can run Garys track, it was great and a must do if you go that way.
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you.

12 T800XC
09 KLR 650
rustynut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:01 PM   #5233
rjharris
Gnarly Adventurer
 
rjharris's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Sunset Hills, MO
Oddometer: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by indykwak View Post
The creek roads are always fun, I'll see if I can string together a route that cuts down on street miles. Anybody else interested?
I am interested in riding sometime this weekend. I have an afternoon commitment Saturday. My daughter has her second audition for the St Louis Youth Symphony. Let me know what your plans are. The thing about St Joe, you can ride in the flats (sandy area) and then pick how much you want to ride in the woods. I think you can avoid getting into trouble in the woods if you don't ride too fast and you can always turn around if the trail you are on becomes too radical. When I first got my Husaberg FE570, I just stayed in the flat area until I became more comfortable with the bike. I rode sweep with Pro Dirt Dale earlier in the year, at a MO Hare Scramble with it. Interesting experience The ruts were about 18 inches deep at the end of the races!
__________________
2009 Harley Roadglide
2010 Husaberg FE 570
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
rjharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:12 AM   #5234
tri650
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2006
Oddometer: 356
Open for Saturday

I could do something Saturday until early afternoon. Wife and I are heading to the Ozarks late afternoon. I could start early but would need to wrap up by about 2. I will be on my street legal KTM MXC 450 so I would be interested in dirt/gravel. Let me know if anyone is interested. If not, I am thinking about trailoring down to Brazil Creek and exploring Mark Twain in that area. If anyone has done any riding in that area I would be interested in what you thought.
tri650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 06:14 AM   #5235
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer
 
Drunk_Uncle's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Anchorage, AK
Oddometer: 2,039
Where is Brazil Creek area? I am free Monday so if it is near I might head over there.
__________________
"I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death"
'13 Tiger 800XC, '13 KLR 650, and a 2010 Honda NT700V for the wife.
Drunk_Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014