ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2012, 12:51 PM   #5971
studad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 802
Isn't there a MO adv classified thread? I couldn't find it. Got a link?
studad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #5972
jeffrho
sock guy

Oddometer: 90
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjharris View Post
I think we may drag my Toyhauler down this year and stay at Shores Lake. Or we may camp out at Ted's and commute from Fayetteville. Don't tell Ted, he doesn't know yet.
Don't tell Ted but do tell Sally. I need red carpet and lots of media for my arrival back to f-town.

Jeffrho
jeffrho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #5973
rjharris
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrho View Post
Don't tell Ted but do tell Sally. I need red carpet and lots of media for my arrival back to f-town.
Not to mention some Ice Shots!
rjharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:57 PM   #5974
rjharris
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRZ Charlie View Post
Not sleeping in the Bunk House is wise. Between farts, coughs, sneezes and snoring you might not have the strength to ride the next day.
You are right on about that Charlie. I experienced that first hand last year! Smelled like this
Old 01-11-2012, 05:57 AM   #5975
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,087
I had a bottom bunk in a corner and never had any problem sleeping.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #5976
rjharris
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
That's because you were worn out from chasing A_SAPPER!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:34 PM   #5977
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post

Musta been drunk huh?
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #5978
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Oddometer: 2,295
Question Advice, bring a bike?

Hey fellow inmates...I'm traveling to Springfield, MO over the weekend, and will be there for a week at my mom's place. I'm driving my own truck/trailer out, and it's a diesel, so bringing a bike to/from MO and MA won't really cost me anything...other than the bike living in an open truck bed for 48+ hours of road time.

Both are in need of winter maintenance after a full 12 months of being ridden hard and put away wet, but both are fully capable of getting used for another couple of days

Is there 2 days of dirt only close by? How hard is it? Is it ice/snow free? I need 2 solid days of riding to seem worth it in my head. My "tingl-ohmmeter" says "just bring the 610 and ride wherever you want"...but the 610 needs more than I can afford right now, so I'm having a hard time convincing myself to haul it 3000 miles round trip. That leaves me with the not-road-friendly 450 (with a bigger front sprocket along to help here if needed).

Should I bring a bike? Should I assume that weather right now is too iffy to assume I'll be able to get some fun dirt time in?

Thanks!
09 TE450
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 12:44 PM   #5979
]I)Money
D NOT I

Oddometer: 3,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnoxious67 View Post
Hey fellow inmates...I'm traveling to Springfield, MO over the weekend, and will be there for a week at my mom's place. I'm driving my own truck/trailer out, and it's a diesel, so bringing a bike to/from MO and MA won't really cost me anything...other than the bike living in an open truck bed for 48+ hours of road time.

Both are in need of winter maintenance after a full 12 months of being ridden hard and put away wet, but both are fully capable of getting used for another couple of days

Is there 2 days of dirt only close by? How hard is it? Is it ice/snow free? I need 2 solid days of riding to seem worth it in my head. My "tingl-ohmmeter" says "just bring the 610 and ride wherever you want"...but the 610 needs more than I can afford right now, so I'm having a hard time convincing myself to haul it 3000 miles round trip. That leaves me with the not-road-friendly 450 (with a bigger front sprocket along to help here if needed).

Should I bring a bike? Should I assume that weather right now is too iffy to assume I'll be able to get some fun dirt time in?

Thanks!
Chadwick OHV area (click the link) is just south of there, easily in 450 range. However, we just had some crappy weather blow in. It's supposed to be back around 50 this weekend, so it will be rideable (but muddy)

"Another road remains, but it provides no more. It can only take us away"
]I)Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:02 PM   #5980
bobnoxious67
Baby steps...

Oddometer: 2,295
Thanks. A friend of the family in that area actually offered to bring me riding there.

Is it worth dragging the 450 to/from MO for one day here? How "muddy"? Snotty trail, that's fine...mud hole after mud hole, not so much.
09 TE450
bobnoxious67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:17 PM   #5981
ajayhawkfan
Rock Chalk

Oddometer: 4,262
Anyone interested? http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=755939

Texas Hill Country Badlands and Black Hills Riding the T.W.A.T Photos
ajayhawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:22 AM   #5982
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,730
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnoxious67 View Post

Thanks!
You might want to check out glade top trail also. It's not that far from Springfield. I was through there last summer. Seemed like a lot of rock, so I don't know how muddy it will be.. It was a blast from what I covered which was mostly ATV trails. I just didn't have time.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=571757

Have fun!
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:34 AM   #5983
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayhawkfan View Post
Have you ever come across Missouri on highway 6? I was up in Edina Mo a few weeks ago quail hunting. There were lots of eagles east of there. The deer hunters seem to have a new strategy. They take the meat off the deer, and leave what's left of the carcass in the field. There was an eagle parked over every deer carcass, either perched in a tree, or standing on it on the ground. I lost count on how many we saw.
Plus, highway 6 is a 1000% more enjoyable than I 70. I doubt you would have come across on 70, but just in case..
I'm still waiting for my new rear shock for my GS, or I would head up that way.. It is blown, bad.

Jeff
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
Old 01-13-2012, 03:39 AM   #5984
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2RideMore View Post
Now that I am a member of the MTRA, was wondering if any local inmates were planning to attend the yearly meeting next saturday. I remember Sieg is a member, but did not know how many other inmates are members. Would like to see more places to ride offroad, and they have several rides yearly.
What's the schedule for this. I was supposed to be in Ark over the weekend on a duck hunt. My wife is sick, so we can't go.. Try to figure that one out.. I was hunting w my son in-law.., my wife and daughter would be shopping.

Anyway, we aren't going. I'm a new member of MTRA also. Where, when is the meeting?

Jeff
Old 01-13-2012, 06:41 AM   #5985
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,489
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildwoodMOCruiser View Post
What's the schedule for this. I'm a new member of MTRA also. Where, when is the meeting?

Jeff
You can find the info you need here: http://www.ridemtra.com/index.htm

The entry form for the "Show Me 200" is also there in the online newsletter, it's not full yet so riders can still get in.