ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #6256
Potosi Joe
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_BIKER_KEITH View Post
LOL! No more 11PM arrival at the hotel, hugh? Too funny...
If I ride in the dark again this year brother I'll make sure your with me! When are you coming down for the GS Challenge?
Potosi Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:53 PM   #6257
Potosi Joe
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gehtlos View Post
I think I'm going down on Friday, you riding a DRZ now? I will take the TE to the SBR. Be riding with a buddy from Illinois. He promised me we going to make it for dinner, so I hope night riding is not in the cards.

I will keep an eye out for you.
I picked me up a DR650. I'm in the process of setting it up for SBR. The TE is a sweet bike. I wish I was tall enough to ride one. The DR is a short mans bike. I like it more than the KLR. I'll see you at one of the events.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:36 AM   #6258
Briggs
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potosi Joe View Post
I picked me up a DR650. I'm in the process of setting it up for SBR. The TE is a sweet bike. I wish I was tall enough to ride one. The DR is a short mans bike. I like it more than the KLR. I'll see you at one of the events.
Joe, we can lower a big TE for you or you could buy a lowered '12 TE250. I'll probably see you at the GS challenge since it is in my back yard. If I get some time I'll even lay out some easy trails for you at my place. Just finished arrowing 7.4 miles of single-track last night.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #6259
Britsabroad
Banned

Oddometer: 203
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynut2 View Post
If the torsion spring ever breaks it cant go anywhere unlike a standard spring which finds its way to the cam/balancer chains. The torsion springs also has a greater range of adjustment.
http://www.leftcoastklrs.com/articles.htm

http://www.klr650.marknet.us/doohickey.html

New rotor bolt is recommended

edit, I have nothing for sale but you might look at the klr sites
Anyone in the Springfield MO area able to help an old geezer with this mod'?
(l'm assuming my 2009 model will need it doing!?!)
Also, is there much benefit in "losing" the emission regulators from the 'bike'?
Britsabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #6260
BMW_BIKER_KEITH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potosi Joe View Post
If I ride in the dark again this year brother I'll make sure your with me! When are you coming down for the GS Challenge?
Joe, I am off that Friday, so I plan to arrive in Potosi around 2pm-ish.
Staying at the local hooo-tell
Old 04-14-2012, 06:37 AM   #6261
Potosi Joe
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_BIKER_KEITH View Post
Joe, I am off that Friday, so I plan to arrive in Potosi around 2pm-ish.
Staying at the local hooo-tell
That sounds good. I'll give you a call. Even if I have to work Saturday I should be off Friday. I'll look you up. Later Joe
Old 04-14-2012, 06:55 AM   #6262
jeffrho
sock guy

Oddometer: 86
Sbr

Thinking doing day one of SBR. No hippie on the Super Sherpa this year for entertainment,no Jay he is leaving for Alaska with Oliver a week or so later so I'm stuck with RJ Harris.

Jeffrho
jeffrho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:42 AM   #6263
Gehtlos
Einer geht noch

Oddometer: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrho View Post
Thinking doing day one of SBR. No hippie on the Super Sherpa this year for entertainment,no Jay he is leaving for Alaska with Oliver a week or so later so I'm stuck with RJ Harris.
looking forward to seeing both of you at the sbr. I though Timmy was going to ride as well.
See you there.
Gehtlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #6264
jeffrho
sock guy

Timmy Time

I'm not sure what he would ride. I'm riding the Wr and he can't handle the barvarian terra firma blaster.

Jeffrho
Old 04-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #6265
Nibis
Where to next?

Oddometer: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britsabroad View Post
Anyone in the Springfield MO area able to help an old geezer with this mod'?
(l'm assuming my 2009 model will need it doing!?!)
Also, is there much benefit in "losing" the emission regulators from the 'bike'?
I don't have my doo tools anymore, just sold them. Yes you need to get it done, while they improved the doo, the stock spring sucks, I did my at about 4500 miles, and the spring had no tension

Now, putting on a aftermarket exhaust and jetting the carb makes a huge difference on the NG KLR's, the cat they put in the stock muffler really chokes it up.

Removing the clean air injection system helps gets rid decel popping, and I'm assuming you don't have emmisions in your area. We don't in Lincoln County.

On my 08 KLR, I had the 685 Kit, Jardine exhaust, Dynojet kit, clean air injection removed, and it ran really well.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #6266
Dustcloud9
Cloud Rider/800 511

Oddometer: 64
Laugh ADV Ruckus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrho View Post
I'm not sure what he would ride. I'm riding the Wr and he can't handle the barvarian terra firma blaster.
Tell Timmy to put some knobbies on the Super Ruckus and come along...He can bring a paddle for the crossings
Old 04-19-2012, 10:21 AM   #6267
Morti
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Cry @#$#@%@#$@#$@

I broke my blasted left foot. Well technically its a stress fracture of the 4th metatarsal. The fracture starts about a 1/4 inch behind the joint nearest the toe on the left side of the bone going almost completely through, it then turns and goes up the length of the bone almost to the opposite joint, where it turns to the right and completes the break. Basically a nice big Z.

I'm on crutches for at least 4 weeks. I tried riding, but I don't have enough strength in my foot to shift, let alone hold up the 600# machine. Matter of fact, my car is in the driveway, because the bike is in the middle of the garage, and I can't move it.

I had to cancel out of the GS Challenge, and I had to bail on BillsburgGS (we were planning on the Swinging Bridges ride).

No idea how I the foot broke. No falls, impacts twists etc. Doc says it's a stress fracture so anything could have caused it. All I know is Sunday it looked like a grape and hurt like hell.

Worst part is, I don't even have a cool story to tell...
Old 04-19-2012, 03:25 PM   #6268
singletrackrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morti View Post
I broke my blasted left foot. Well technically its a stress fracture of the 4th metatarsal. The fracture starts about a 1/4 inch behind the joint nearest the toe on the left side of the bone going almost completely through, it then turns and goes up the length of the bone almost to the opposite joint, where it turns to the right and completes the break. Basically a nice big Z.

I'm on crutches for at least 4 weeks. I tried riding, but I don't have enough strength in my foot to shift, let alone hold up the 600# machine. Matter of fact, my car is in the driveway, because the bike is in the middle of the garage, and I can't move it.

I had to cancel out of the GS Challenge, and I had to bail on BillsburgGS (we were planning on the Swinging Bridges ride).

No idea how I the foot broke. No falls, impacts twists etc. Doc says it's a stress fracture so anything could have caused it. All I know is Sunday it looked like a grape and hurt like hell.

Worst part is, I don't even have a cool story to tell...
I thank the worst injures i have had riding i never wrecked or even turned over.
singletrackrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #6269
jeffrho
sock guy

Perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustcloud9 View Post
Tell Timmy to put some knobbies on the Super Ruckus and come along...He can bring a paddle for the crossings
Don't encourage him it only makes it worse

Jeffrho
Old 04-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #6270
DCR
Dave

Oddometer: 17
Lost creek ride GPX file

Does anybody have a GPX file for the lost creek ride? I have found a few from 2007 and they would not work in mapsource. Any help would be great. Thanks David.
DCR is offline   Reply With Quote