ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2012, 09:10 AM   #6316
Nibis
Where to next?

Oddometer: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanur View Post
Bidwell Creek Road which connects hwy W W and hwy T has a ton of trails going off of it. Does anybody on here ride that area?

I'm always on the 950 when I'm there but I think I may have to take the 400 ECX and go exploring.
Where is WW and T, might have to check that out
Old 05-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #6317
lfs225
Can Am Rider

Oddometer: 295
Go west out of Perryville on "T". About 4 miles before you reach route "OO", where T, tees into OO, you will find Bidwell Creek Road.

Or maybe said a better way, go south out of Farmington on OO. At the intersection of OO and T, go east about four miles.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:49 AM   #6318
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,443
T and WW are two of my favorite sport bike roads. Anyway I need to ride to Bixby Wed. 9AM to meet with Doe Run people, about a dirt bike route. I’ll check Bidwell Creek Road out on the way home. We could meet for lunch lfs, but I don't know when I’ll be done at the mine.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #6319
kanur
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 665
There are a couple water crossings on the north/east end of Bidwell Creek Road that are always interesting on a big dual sport. The one on bidwell proper is potholed, slim covered, bedrock limestone. The one on the spur going north to Boyd Road is riding the creekbed for fifty yards of limestone ledges. It is much easier to ride it going north which is downstream.

All along Bidwell, especially where you cross The Castor River headwaters there are quadtard trails eveyrwhere. I would assume some of them link up for some good covert dirt riding.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #6320
lfs225
Can Am Rider

Lunch.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieg View Post
T and WW are two of my favorite sport bike roads. Anyway I need to ride to Bixby Wed. 9AM to meet with Doe Run people, about a dirt bike route. I’ll check Bidwell Creek Road out on the way home. We could meet for lunch lfs, but I don't know when I’ll be done at the mine.
I APPRECIATE the invitation a BUNCH. And the invitation to the SBR. Politics on that one. I'll explain when we get together.

My ROMEO group (Retired Old Men Eating Out) has a tentative date for lunch on Wednesday. it was set last week. However, I have not heard from the other ROMEOs so I do not know for sure. If I can find a way to get out of it, I would sure love to ride a bit and lunch a bit with you.

THANKS again for the invitations. If things change, I'll let you know.

Kanur.......THANKS for the information. I'll take some of my group up there to check it out.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #6321
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,725
Huge news!!
I changed my user name.. Ha, big deal..

I got tired of explaining the "cruiser" thing.. I haven't owned one since 07.. (got rid of my VTX 1800, out of gas at 100 miles!)
Once I discovered the joys of getting off of the asphault.. Someone can re-name "Wildwood Creek"
( Didn't someone else drown a bike in there this yr? ).
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:51 AM   #6322
lfs225
Can Am Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanur View Post
There are a couple water crossings on the north/east end of Bidwell Creek Road that are always interesting on a big dual sport. The one on bidwell proper is potholed, slim covered, bedrock limestone. The one on the spur going north to Boyd Road is riding the creekbed for fifty yards of limestone ledges. It is much easier to ride it going north which is downstream.

All along Bidwell, especially where you cross The Castor River headwaters there are quadtard trails eveyrwhere. I would assume some of them link up for some good covert dirt riding.
Took PT and Campbell up there yesterday. LOTS of off side trails. You'll have to ask PT or Campbell bout them. I rode the gravel roads. Lots of water crossings on north end. What's the little subdivision up there?
Old 05-11-2012, 10:10 AM   #6323
Nibis
Where to next?

Oddometer: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRider View Post
Huge news!!
Well, that will be fun to get used to.....
Old 05-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #6324
ROYAL COACHMAN
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 920
Quote:
Huge news!!

I got tired of explaining the "cruiser" thing.. I haven't owned one since 07.. (got rid of my VTX 1800, out of gas at 100 miles!)
Once I discovered the joys of getting off of the asphault.. Someone can re-name "Wildwood Creek"
Can we call it Mizzou Creek
Old 05-11-2012, 05:22 PM   #6325
Rordog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Huge news!!

Sorry Jeff once a creek has been named that is the name of that creek.
Rordog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:49 PM   #6326
ThumperDRZ OP
Bouncing off Rocks!

Oddometer: 2,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rordog View Post
Sorry Jeff once a creek has been named that is the name of that creek.

On Hiatus
ThumperDRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:39 AM   #6327
kanur
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfs225 View Post
Took PT and Campbell up there yesterday. LOTS of off side trails. You'll have to ask PT or Campbell bout them. I rode the gravel roads. Lots of water crossings on north end. What's the little subdivision up there?
I'll have to hunt them up for a trip report. I think that is a hunting/fishing club on the east end. I have no idea what the compound of modular homes on the west end is.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:32 AM   #6328
Gunslinger1
GIVE'R

Oddometer: 630
BigDog Retired

Mark,

Saw where posted.....Anyway---------I've been retired for 5 days----so am in no hurry

Wanted to say congratulations..............and have been wondering what you are going to do with all that spare time..

You must be excited I know work has gotten in the way of your real JOB..........Teaching, Leading, and introducing Adventure Riding.

Of course making new friends along the way..........

Speech........Speech.

Tim
Gunslinger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #6329
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger1 View Post
Mark,

Saw where posted.....Anyway---------I've been retired for 5 days----so am in no hurry

Wanted to say congratulations..............and have been wondering what you are going to do with all that spare time..

You must be excited I know work has gotten in the way of your real JOB..........Teaching, Leading, and introducing Adventure Riding.

Of course making new friends along the way..........

Speech........Speech.

Tim
Hey Tim-----thanks so much Tim------I stared at that picture above and couldn't for the life of me figure out where it was taken and who those girls were------so I thought and thought--------thought I'd better come up with an answer before my wife asked me

Finally remembered that was in Mexico as we were having breakfast in a little cafe at a motel.
See-----I ain't got all-timers yet
Funny part was when we were trying to order and you had that translation book-------man that was some fun stuff.

BigDog
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:12 AM   #6330
Gunslinger1
GIVE'R

Oddometer: 630
Funny part was when we were trying to order and you had that translation book-------man that was some fun stuff.

.............They didn't speak a word of English..............I remember........
Gunslinger1 is offline   Reply With Quote