ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #6436
studad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 894
Jacks Fork

I got out of the office early today. Rotary was cancelled, so I just kept riding. First stop: Blue Spring on the Jacks Fork.

Then it was off to check on a couple of farms, a ride through Eminence and some great back roads around Alley Spring. After a quick lunch in Summersville I went to another farm on Big Creek where I took this shot.

Overall it was about 200 miles. I guess about 150 was paved. What a great day at work!
studad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #6437
bash3r
I ain't no DingWeed

Oddometer: 1,721
Eminence Area

Hey fellas... any recommendations on a place to hold up in Eminence or surrounding area?? I've only camped in our camper down there... but we'll be motel/hotel in it this ride!! All we need is a place for 4 guys and some A/C

Adventure Tshirts | 3 Step Hideaway |Campground POIs
bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:39 AM   #6438
studad
Studly Adventurer

I like the looks of the rivers edge cabins. Then there are the motel rooms just down from the Steakhouse that would be handy if you get thirsty.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:55 AM   #6439
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by studad View Post
I got out of the office early today. Rotary was cancelled, so I just kept riding. First stop: Blue Spring on the Jacks Fork.

Then it was off to check on a couple of farms, a ride through Eminence and some great back roads around Alley Spring. After a quick lunch in Summersville I went to another farm on Big Creek where I took this shot.

Overall it was about 200 miles. I guess about 150 was paved. What a great day at work!
I love riding down there. I went thru there a few weeks ago, on my way home from visiting my daughter in Jonesboro, AR. (right on the way, ) also, last fall I stayed a night at Links, and rode around down there. Some of the best riding around..
I came across an old farm house that had a couple holes of golf set up. Link had shown me a cut through from there across a creek or two, up a very long very steep hill, to a yellow rock beside the trail.. Ever seen it? I was totally lost back in there for a while, but having a blast. Ha.. I had breakfast at Ellington, then visited Blue Spring, waiting for the temps to get above freezing.. Now I'd be happy to get back down to double digits!
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #6440
Britsabroad
Banned

Oddometer: 203
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2RideMore View Post

Vest ordered, thanx 4 the link......now, where do l get a good/cheap mesh jacket?????????????
Britsabroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:01 AM   #6441
Britsabroad
Banned

Thumb

Quote:
Hello MO riders. I'm glad to say I've been back in MO for a week now, and I'm trading my R1100S for another KLR Sunday. What's the next somewhat organized ride? I'm itching to get back in the dirt!
Welcome back, & congrats on getting a PROPER 'bike!..........

PS, u wanna get back into the dirt?????????......maybe "back into the DUST" would be more appropriate right now!
Old 07-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #6442
studad
Studly Adventurer

If you're in Springfield, Cruisin 66 had a handful of mesh jackets on their clearance rack, 50% off ( no affiliation here, I just like it when they have a sale)

They had a couple of Vanson textile mesh jackets... I really wanted one, but half off of 380 is still a pretty good pile of cash for a mesh jacket!
Old 07-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #6443
bash3r
I ain't no DingWeed

Quote:
I like the looks of the rivers edge cabins. Then there are the motel rooms just down from the Steakhouse that would be handy if you get thirsty.
Yea.. we'll get in after a long day of riding and be heading out early so it won't take much for us Some places its a minimum of 2 nights.. that won't work! Then we head off towards Lake of O and hook up with the SBR route...

Old 07-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #6444
Otis the Sasquatch
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by bash3r View Post
Hey fellas... any recommendations on a place to hold up in Eminence or surrounding area?? I've only camped in our camper down there... but we'll be motel/hotel in it this ride!! All we need is a place for 4 guys and some A/C
I stayed at the at the Ranch Motel in Salem MO many times over the years. Always been happy w/ it, but I haven't stayed there since 2010, so I can't give a Recent Review. Stayed at the Holiday Inn in Salem also after that opened, but never tried the Walnut Motel (looks pretty dumpy).

Salem is about 40 miles N of Eminence.

Otis

Fact is, I like roads. I like to move.
Harry Truman
Otis the Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #6445
Britsabroad
Banned

Thumb

Quote:
If you're in Springfield, Cruisin 66 had a handful of mesh jackets on their clearance rack, 50% off ( no affiliation here, I just like it when they have a sale)

They had a couple of Vanson textile mesh jackets... I really wanted one, but half off of 380 is still a pretty good pile of cash for a mesh jacket!
Thanx 4 the info, but as u say, that's a big wedge of money even at $190 sale price!!!

I was thinking sub $100 would work for me.............but then again, l'm just a cheapskate!!!!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:13 AM   #6446
Britsabroad
Banned

Wink

Cheapskate works via Amazon!!!!!! I just ordered what looks like a great jacket, with good reviews,
& 4&1/2 stars out of 5 on the ratings!!!& for only $69 plus $7 postage!!! (so l got my sub $100 jacket!)

http://www.amazon.com/Xelement-Level...le+mesh+jacket
Old 07-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #6447
bash3r
I ain't no DingWeed

Cycle Gear has their Bilt Mesh on sale for $98. I got my Fieldsheer for that price but can't find them nowheres!

Old 07-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #6448
studad
Studly Adventurer

I took advantage of the motorcycle gear.com sale on firstgear mesh and picked up one for me and one for the wife for just past your 100$ mark. Oh but ill be dreaming of the vanson.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:18 AM   #6449
stefer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britsabroad View Post
Cheapskate works via Amazon!!!!!! I just ordered what looks like a great jacket, with good reviews,
& 4&1/2 stars out of 5 on the ratings!!!& for only $69 plus $7 postage!!! (so l got my sub $100 jacket!)

http://www.amazon.com/Xelement-Level...le+mesh+jacket
Motorcyclegear.com had an "almost free sale" on a joe rocket jacket last week. (sale is over now :( )

149.99 + free S&H, and you get a $120 gift card.

I turned around and got pants and gloves for like 15 bucks with (a second order, again free shipping).

Still, you got a pretty good deal there - specifically if you don't want a 120 dollar gift card. In this instance, I couldn't use the gift card on the jacket itself.

Great company, great customer service, everything in the transaction went through smoothly. (I even changed my order)
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ancient Proverb
Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.
stefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:43 AM   #6450
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,755
Notice

FYI, vfrpilot having surgery this morning..
I was riding yesterday up in IL with vfrpilot (Gary) He had a pretty hard get off, right before noon.
Two broken wrists and his back has a slight fracture. He's having surgery on his wrists this morning in Springfield.
Will be in the hospital a day or two. He's a tough son of a gun, never stopped cracking jokes.
He was leading and was on a downhill left turn. Just wanted to slow a bit. Unfortunately with the heat, the road oil had seeped up and when he went to hit the brakes, nothing there.. He went into a ditch and launched out the other side. Must have done a full end over end on the bike.. (big GS Adv)
Does anyone have a trailer I could borrow? I'd like to go back up and get his bike, and get it hauled down to Gateway BMW.
He's going to be fine. Just a pretty bad get off in that heat.
I'm not sure yet which hospital he's at in Springfield. (memorial or St Johns)

Be caful out there.

Jeff
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)

MizzouRider screwed with this post 07-08-2012 at 07:41 AM
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote