ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #6481
Oh2RideMore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,274
cycle gear bike night?

Did anyone else go up to bike night? Was pretty hot, and crowd was small. We finally have a suspension shop in st louis area now. Took the versys over to Eric, and talked suspension, then had him do a quick tune. Recommended new spring in rear so I have more free sag, and don't have to crank down the preload. Also recommended heavier weight oil in forks as sag is just right. Wish he would have been opened before I sent off shock and fork to go-race in virginia. Prices seem reasonable, and tuning did help quite a bit.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:47 PM   #6482
greywolves
Too OLD to be a NOOB

Oddometer: 105
WHO/Where is this suspension shop my good man?
greywolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #6483
Oh2RideMore
Beastly Adventurer

local stl suspension shop

Here is the link:

www.velocitycalibrations.com
Old 07-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #6484
bash3r
I ain't no DingWeed

Oddometer: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2RideMore View Post
I have to get my WR suspension done.. front suspension is toast after my last 600 mile ride.. Go Race has the WR rebuilds down!! Would you do Velocity instead of Go Race ??

Also... a reminder fellas to go ride the beautiful swinging bridges as much as you can before they are get treated like Buetcher bridge .. boooooooooo

Before (photo by BigDog):

After:

Adventure Tshirts | 3 Step Hideaway |Campground POIs
bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #6485
Oh2RideMore
Beastly Adventurer

for the wr--- gorace

Eric said he mostly does street and track bikes, so for dirt he has a guy in cali direct the work. Go-race has the wr suspension down so would probably do again, but the delay in work was long. I do love the wr and feel much more confident with the ride now. Gotta get some pics of me jumping it now. :)
Old 07-19-2012, 09:45 PM   #6486
bash3r
I ain't no DingWeed

Oddometer: 1,722
Quote:
Eric said he mostly does street and track bikes, so for dirt he has a guy in cali direct the work. Go-race has the wr suspension down so would probably do again, but the delay in work was long. I do love the wr and feel much more confident with the ride now. Gotta get some pics of me jumping it now. :)
Oh.. you got your suspension back?!?! And... how is it? I've heard nothing but great stuff from Travis at Go-Race.. I'm looking at getting mind done.. I'm over 10k miles and its held up great for a 220lb guy + camp gear..!

I think it's money well spent.. thats for sure..

Adventure Tshirts | 3 Step Hideaway |Campground POIs
bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #6487
Oh2RideMore
Beastly Adventurer

wr suspension

Had Travis respring and valve the shock and forks. Got them back in May after a week and half or so. Definitely worth it, only reason I splurged at the time was seals were giving out and weeping on front brake rotor. I weigh a bit more than you and could bottom out the wr on big jumps. Really important you don't do that as that is when the chain eats through the slider, at full compression. Set up for a heavier rider, but you are welcome to give it a go anytime. My bike just is not as clean and pretty as yours as it lives outside.
Old 07-20-2012, 05:33 PM   #6488
mattsl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by studad View Post
I met a group of Dual Sport riders on a two lane highway around the lakes SW of Branson last Saturday. There were maybe a half dozen bikes in the group. I was on a black KLR two-up with my wife. Anybody know who that was? Great day to be out for a ride. Glad to see some other ADV types, we stay in the sticks so much the DS bikes don't get a lot of visibility.
Quite possibly the people camping in crane before the MOA rally this weekend.
mattsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #6489
dflow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Plan altering heat

Not a good time for a rally. Even if it was a year of normal temps July is not my idea of the best month for a group of motorcyclists with a preference to camp and actually ride rather than sit in bars with AC. Best wishes to all that attended.
dflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #6490
lfs225
Can Am Rider

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Web site does not give the physical address. Do they not want the occasional visitor/customer to drop by?
Old 07-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #6491
RAGBrian
jonesing for a ride

Oddometer: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfs225 View Post
Web site does not give the physical address. Do they not want the occasional visitor/customer to drop by?
Most likely not. As a new business, I imagine they are scheduling their time as needed for the serious customer. I can't count the number of times someone would walk into the stores I used to work at and shoot the BS with us at the counter...Not much work gets done when that happens.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #6492
Oh2RideMore
Beastly Adventurer

business address

Eric is currently transitioning from his day job in IT, to Velocity Calibrations. He is looking for a business location, but does not currently have a shop and works out of his home. He said he attends all the bike nights and other local events while he builds his business. Right now he is a bring the shock to me kinda place. He can order what you need for your shock after a consult.

I have no affiliation with this business, just found him at bike night. Eric was nice, knowledgeable, and got me dialed in as far as stock allowed. Going to have him order the right spring for my shock and refresh the shock after my cross country ride.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #6493
dwthump
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Encounter with Beemer Iron Butt!

So, I'm in O'Fallon, IL and as I drive by McD's there's an elderly gent just getting off his FULLY loaded 1200GS. Of course, being a BMW rider he was totally AGAAT and it was 103, he looked dazed. I pulled in and told him I was also an adventure rider and asked him if he was ok and if he needed anything. He was trying to find highway 70 so I got my Illinois Atlas out and hooked him up with directions. He said he was coming from the BMW rally in Sedalia and was on his way back home to Ohio. He said he had to go in to get hydrated and I wished him well.

Man, these guys are hard core! I'm pussing out on riding due to the heat and he's riding all day in temps over 100.

Darren
'09 KLR-Blue
"It's a KLR, I'll catch up"
dwthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #6494
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by dflow View Post
Not a good time for a rally. Even if it was a year of normal temps July is not my idea of the best month for a group of motorcyclists with a preference to camp and actually ride rather than sit in bars with AC. Best wishes to all that attended.
It was too hot for me. I went over yesterday morning, had all my camping stuff. When I got there it was still below 80. After a few hours it was bumping 100. I said, to way I'm climbing into a tent in 90+ degree temps. Headed back, cut down south, hit some of the SBR tracks then jumped on 42 to 28, one of my favorite stretches of blacktop. It was 10 degrees cooler in eastern MO. Made it back before dark. At least next year it's in ID, or OR, it'll be cooler.
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #6495
mattsl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by dflow View Post
mattsl is offline   Reply With Quote