ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 08:01 PM   #6526
bash3r
I ain't no DingWeed

Oddometer: 1,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures.com View Post

BigDog
What a couple of bums we have here.... don't do nothing but spit off the porch and yell at the dog... you & scott really need to get out and do something epic once in awhile..

I'm ready to go ride!!!

ADV Gear | 3 Step Hideaway |Campground POIs
bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #6527
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by bash3r View Post
What a couple of bums we have here.... don't do nothing but spit off the porch and yell at the dog... you & scott really need to get out and do something epic once in awhile..

I'm ready to go ride!!!
Hi Bill----me and Scott took a thousand pictures i'm sure---but that last one of me and him just says it all---it's my favorite.

Yeh--you hit the nail on the head---jobless bums.

That cut on Scotts leg is where he got attacked my a lawn chair----it wasn't the bear

I'll give you a call soon Bill.

Mark
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.
BigDogAdventures is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #6528
bbtech
Computer Guru

Oddometer: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynut2 View Post
I have spotted you around town, we need to talk. I'm looking at the xc myself, have the klr right now. Suggest you download the swinging bridges tracks, camp at Council Bluffs Lake. Stop by the store at Bixby Mo. Ride the tracks and/or explore the area. There are a few of us klr guys in town if you want to ride. Have a few tracks I can share if you have a gps.

The Tiger 800XC sure is a lot different than my last bike, a 2007 Honda XR650L. I am surprised at how fast I am racking up the miles on her, its such a fun nimble do everything bike for me. I paid cash for it so many of the accessories will have to come later. I do admit however, there are certainly times I really miss my thumper. I have a Garmin Nuvi 5, would those "tracks" work with it? Council Bluffs Lake looks interesting, checked it out online and that may be the place to go. Its close to the current river which I have been wanting to check out. Searched and found some ride reports and blogs with photos including the store in Bixby, it sounds like it would be an interesting stop.
bbtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #6529
rustynut2
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 453
Looks like Bigdog has picked up drinking in his retirement.

bbtech- You need a better gps to be able to download tracks into it. Looks like I might have to show you a couple of them myself. pm coming sometime.

12 T800XC
09 KLR 650
rustynut2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #6530
bbtech
Computer Guru

Might need to Rename myself to "Upgrade"

Seems I need to upgrade a lot of things. Going through the forums and researching I see I really need to beef things up in several departments. I drew up a list of priorities for my Triumph and already ordered a set of Happy Trails Nerf Bars and almost ready to get some new tires. What do you guys think of:
Mitas E-07 Dual Sport Front Tire (752463821) Qty: 1 $79.95
Mitas E-10 DAKAR Rear Tire 150/70-17 (TL) (752405517) Qty: 1 $189.95
Shipping is $55.00
Total $324.00
Forums are really strange, you get people saying, just check out this thread, but that thread is 2 or 3 years old and you have to consider that too. Any of you running the Mitas? My initial thought was Heidenau K60 but local dealer in Edwardsville had a really steep markup on them even before installation. I should be getting my new tent/bag/pad in today and got to work on how to set that up on the bike for this weekend and get supplies.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:07 PM   #6531
SemperMo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
If you see me around, flag me down! I live in the St. Louis county area.

Finally got the Ducati superbike traded in and picked up the new scoot.

Took her down to Lesterville MO to see how she does on trips and gravel, I'm pretty excited to have moved away from nothing but sportbikes..

SemperMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #6532
tri650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Bigdog - thanks for the info on the sunklands. I was about to give up and take the street bike down in that area and ride but now I'm back to the KLX. I may try and find that camping spot you found next to the river. Either that or find a campground around that area - any suggestions?
tri650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #6533
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,773
Quote:
Originally Posted by tri650 View Post
Bigdog - thanks for the info on the sunklands. I was about to give up and take the street bike down in that area and ride but now I'm back to the KLX. I may try and find that camping spot you found next to the river. Either that or find a campground around that area - any suggestions?
I dropped a waypoint for that campspot-----and when I get home I always transfer that stuff to my computer---and would have put that in my Missouri gps file-------but it's not there----I guess I didn't do it.

About 16 miles (in a straight line)-----east of the Sunklands is one of my absolute favorite places to camp----"Loggers Lake".

It's a really nice remote spot with primitive camping--nice lake------nice campspots on a hill overlooking the lake----and all around that area if you ride around much -----------you cross a wad of creeks-----not concrete ones----ones where you just ride thru the creek---------seems like water is about shooting out of the ground around there.

I camped there on my KLR maybe last year ????.

Here's so me pics of it.

Just don't get near this place.
Not only can he not spell-----------he has a gun-----a dangerous combination usually seen much further South a lot.

KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 08-16-2012 at 04:00 AM
BigDogAdventures is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #6534
tri650
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Awesome!! Really appreciate the tip. Looks like Loggers Lake for the weekend. Found it on the DeLorme. Looks like some cool riding in that area. Most likely will make it a Fri-Sun trip.
tri650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:38 PM   #6535
Rusty Jug
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
Not for sure if this is the right thread, but my business last year sponsored a car porker run and had 28 cars. I'm just wanting to know if I did an adventure ride poker run could we get about the same amount of participants?

Last year we had a entry fee of $30 per person , that included 2 meals and paying out $200 for high hand 100 for low hand. Also you could by another hand for $10 plus a wild card for 5 for a charity. we had 5 stops and we did it in the first part of Oct.

Is there enough groups to make this happen?
Rusty Jug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #6536
catzass
Triple Pilot

Oddometer: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Jug View Post
Not for sure if this is the right thread, but my business last year sponsored a car porker run and had 28 cars. I'm just wanting to know if I did an adventure ride poker run could we get about the same amount of participants?

Last year we had a entry fee of $30 per person , that included 2 meals and paying out $200 for high hand 100 for low hand. Also you could by another hand for $10 plus a wild card for 5 for a charity. we had 5 stops and we did it in the first part of Oct.

Is there enough groups to make this happen?

I would be interested. I'd ride my 800 Tigr Xc if its gonna be kinda mild or my DRZ400 if its gonna be more wild. You might also talk to the owner of Eldorado Cycle he led a dual sport ride last year or maybe this spring. Maybe he would be interested in helping/sponsoring the ride.
catzass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #6537
bbtech
Computer Guru

Running out of daylight

Had to leave work early Friday for a doctors appointment. I arrived at Dr Currents place just in time to pitch my tent in Van Buren. I can see why this isn't really mentioned anywhere. $15 for a primitive, rocky, crowded, somewhat noisy. Right on the river is nice however. I am definitely going to have to locate something nicer tomorrow after scouting around southern Missouri a bit. Right now though, its just time to eat a snack and get some rest :)
Old 08-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #6538
Oh2RideMore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,267
bay creek on jacks fork

Bay creek is my all time favorite on the jacks, followed by alley spring. If you want to stay further north, lots of little spots on current, but not too familar with them.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #6539
Rusty Jug
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 504
Yes,Randy at El do Cycle sponsored my car/bike poker run last year, he was at the restaurant today, he said I needed to have it on Sunday so he could ride, but my staff last year fix breafast and a late lunch for the riding group, that way they fed their bellies and listened for awards!

I talked to eagle riding ranch and he said that the horses would be done at the end of November! so if it was in dec. we could have the 1,000 acres to incorporate into the run.

I had to work when Randy did the Adventure ride,

Glad my wife don't read these post her and my daughter are the horse nuts in my family and if she would see my hand claps for the horse season closing I would get smack

I have to have a little terrain in my adventure ride!
Rusty Jug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 05:50 AM   #6540
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,741
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures.com View Post

Did Black Bear Pass ---------my knees knocked the first time I did it years ago----and they did this time too.
Don't have a lick of sense---my wife says.

Went down Schofield pass----as before---knees knocked again.
My wife watched the video of us doing Schofield----and said "You guys are nuts"-------well......yeh

BigDog
Mark,
I was able to ride Schofield, Tin Cup, Keebler, and Cotton Wood in one long day a few years ago. That is such great riding out there. I've yet to ride Black Bear, but I'll get to it. Us working stiffs have to pack in as much as we can into a 7 day trip..

That spot on Schofield is where (supposedly) a guy got out of a Blazer to take a pic, and the truck rolled over the edge.. Killed his family. (I think five or six) that accident alone is what makes Schofield (supposedly) the deadliest pass in Colorado.. It was a little puckering going down those steps, they all angled towards the edge..

Looks like you guys had a blast..
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)

MizzouRider screwed with this post 08-19-2012 at 05:57 AM
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote