ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #7531
studad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 661
Just had a chance to chat with a fellow ADV-er, and we were wondering about campgrounds with the shutdown. I'm guessing anything federal is closed? We are still able to work our federal timber sales as of this minute, but sounds like they will stop at any time.

Anybody know for sure?
studad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:52 AM   #7532
this is a RV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by studad View Post
Just had a chance to chat with a fellow ADV-er, and we were wondering about campgrounds with the shutdown. I'm guessing anything federal is closed? We are still able to work our federal timber sales as of this minute, but sounds like they will stop at any time.

Anybody know for sure?
Lakes, campgrounds, that or FED. run or CLOSED. State Parks or OPEN
this is a RV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #7533
Midnightventure
-

Oddometer: 693
And they are probably wasting money going out and putting up barricades at places that cost nothing to be open.
Midnightventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:31 PM   #7534
Adventure711
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelBill View Post
Anybody interested in a day ride this weekend?

Haz and Camel Bill... A friend and I are leaving St. Clair Mo Saturday Morning for somewhere..

Haz, I met you on the PHBR, I had my WR on that ride.. Scooped up a new KLR to throw around now as well.

John picked up a KLR as well so its getting some miles in on them now.. or not crash the shit too bad yet :) Mines just got 150 miles on it.. spanky new still..
Adventure711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #7535
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,154
The Forest Service called us (MTRA) today to tell us that they will not be there to support our woods poker run on Sunday. This really breaks our heart. Their only support was harassing our riders. So you guys out riding in the forest this weekend, be careful as there are no rangers out there to support you.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #7536
Adventure711
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieg View Post
The Forest Service called us (MTRA) today to tell us that they will not be there to support our woods poker run on Sunday. This really breaks our heart. Their only support was harassing our riders. So you guys out riding in the forest this weekend, be careful as there are no rangers out there to support you.
Hope I don't get lost ....
Old 10-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #7537
Hazman27
The Haz

Oddometer: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure711 View Post
Haz and Camel Bill... A friend and I are leaving St. Clair Mo Saturday Morning for somewhere..

Haz, I met you on the PHBR, I had my WR on that ride.. Scooped up a new KLR to throw around now as well.

John picked up a KLR as well so its getting some miles in on them now.. or not crash the shit too bad yet :) Mines just got 150 miles on it.. spanky new still..
i could be up for ride, i'm based in St. Louis. So wherever or whatever is planned i'm in, just got to give me a heads up, with time to get there!!! errr... congrats on the KiLleRs. Don't know to many that can 'throw around'! Calling the Camel, Camel Bill, Come in Camel. uh oh, you know what day it is... Chime in...
Hazman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #7538
pmdoreKLR
Call of the Wild

Oddometer: 12
do you have room for another KLR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazman27 View Post
i could be up for ride, i'm based in St. Louis. So wherever or whatever is planned i'm in, just got to give me a heads up, with time to get there!!! errr... congrats on the KiLleRs. Don't know to many that can 'throw around'! Calling the Camel, Camel Bill, Come in Camel. uh oh, you know what day it is... Chime in...

I could be in too, I have an 8 am soccer game, but start out of Fenton, I could fly down 30 west to meet you. What time are you leaving?

Would love to hit some Mark Twain back roads, sounds like a few more might be open with the shutdown.

Is it supposed to rain? Sunday looks rain free is that better for anyone?
pmdoreKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #7539
Adventure711
Adventurer

Yaa.. Saturday is still saying 60% chance of rains... I think some decisions tomorrow eve to make the game call.

Weather guesser tonight says the rains come from the North, clearing more soon to the north with lingering rains more thru the day of course due south.

Sunday looks great but I know John, ( Doiniton2 ) has some deer stand plans but haven't reached him tonight yet.

We had planned at meeting at 8:30 am St. Clair Mo for Saturday. Those Mark Twain NF flight plans always sound good :)

So........... I will post up more info as we get into Friday and will consider still some Sunday options..
Old 10-03-2013, 09:33 PM   #7540
Hazman27
The Haz

Oddometer: 449
Pmdore, got your voicemail, sorry about the battery, that sucked. I didn't think to look at my cell phone until Wednesday night, If this weekend ride happens I could meet down in Fenton and boogie out from there(?) , I will need to follow, my gps is acting stupid for me, can't load any gpx files..
Hazman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #7541
pmdoreKLR
Call of the Wild

Oddometer: 12
Sunday better

I'll check my calendar, I think sunday looks better as long as I am back by 4:40 for practice. (I need to quit coaching so I can ride more).

I have just never riden much in the rain, and I have 60-40 on road to off at best, so probably would strugle with slick stuff.

I will try to make some fire road routes coming off of DD, or P or something as clost to St. Clair as I can, unless you guys already have some?

I'll get back at you, thanks for being willing to let me join.
pmdoreKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:41 AM   #7542
lfs225
Super Tenere rider

Oddometer: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by sieg View Post
Now that's funny.......The FS sure has a deluded opinion of their value to m/c riders........
You're never lost 'til you run out of gas. AMA #033031A Charter Life Member
No matter how much one person knows, two know more.
I would rather regret things I’ve done 
than regret things I haven’t done
lfs225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #7543
Adventure711
Adventurer

Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdoreKLR View Post
I'll check my calendar, I think sunday looks better as long as I am back by 4:40 for practice. (I need to quit coaching so I can ride more).

Since John and I are newbies at making our own adventure routes don't trust us to get you home on time!

We have been great followers with others gps tracks and that even was in question at the PHBR .... Then again, Anthony laid the egg there.

So.. Heres the updates for us but can't yet give anyone 100%:

Saturday Exploring: Still some rains / storms potentials / will check more this evening.

Sunday Exploring: Better weather.. under discussions
Old 10-04-2013, 06:22 AM   #7544
CamelBill
Ride It!

Oddometer: 402
Rain for sat looks like late afternoon

Channel 5 is calling for late afternoon (5 ish rains) on Saturday now. I would like to get out early Saturday morning, and be back home before the rains hit, leaving Sunday open for a road ride. Good news about the rangers not 'supporting' us this weekend, I'm heartbroken.

I'm in St Charles, could start of anywhere (south has better stuff), would rather do more off road oriented rather than just gravel. Got really spoiled on the 950 in Colorado in August.

Mark Twain NF sounds good to me.
10 Yammie FJR 1300 10 Wing
CamelBill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:29 AM   #7545
Adventure711
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelBill View Post
Channel 5 is calling for late afternoon (5 ish rains) on Saturday now. I would like to get out early Saturday morning, and be back home before the rains hit.

I'm in St Charles, could start of anywhere (south has better stuff), would rather do more off road oriented rather than just gravel.

Mark Twain NF sounds good to me.

Perfect