ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2014, 07:18 AM   #7801
vfrpilot
Stress Relief Rider

Oddometer: 662
Help Wentzville / Foristell area guys

I need a huge favor from someone that lives close to the Wentzville area.
I (my business) sent a guy to Sedalia to pick up a truck platform. He was driving my company truck, pulling a trailer. He made it there but it seems that on his way back he had a heart attack and crashed the truck. He is in the hospital and doing ok. The problem is that I can't get any good information out of the towing company. I'm told that the truck is drivable but the trailer needs a tire. Before I go 140 miles to retrieve the unit, I need to know if tire is all it would take to bring it home or if I need to make plans on trailering the trailer.
The towing company will not give me any other information or take a picture. Their response is come and look at it.
So here's what I need. Is there someone that could go to the towing company and look my truck and trailer over and give me a run down on what I need to bring down to pick it up?
The towing company is Budget towing in Wentzville.
PM me or email me foremost@ctiwireless.com
vfrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #7802
vfrpilot
Stress Relief Rider

Oddometer: 662
update

just to update this
I had a couple of inmates respond to try and help. It is much appreciated!
However the towing company must have a policy for being total asses. They won't give any information or even let anyone see it until the police gives me the release. Even after the Police instructed them that it was ok.
So I am going down tomorrow to obtain the release and see if i can get it home.
Thanks for everybody's help!
vfrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:54 AM   #7803
doniton2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
I'm off work today, who wants to ride LOL.
doniton2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:43 AM   #7804
this is a RV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 359
"I'm off work today, who wants to ride LOL"

Go strap a sheet of plywood to your feet.
this is a RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:14 AM   #7805
mikehailwood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
plywood

Jack, You ever try to steer a sheet of plywood? It ain't easy. Mike
mikehailwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:49 AM   #7806
this is a RV
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehailwood View Post
Jack, You ever try to steer a sheet of plywood? It ain't easy. Mike
A guy as young as John should be OK with plywood on his feet and maybe one on the front tire two.

this is a RV screwed with this post 03-04-2014 at 09:59 AM
this is a RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #7807
doniton2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
I have it all ready to go.
doniton2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #7808
mikehailwood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
Yes. I heard Jon bought a Triumph. Is that it? Older model than I thought.
mikehailwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:30 PM   #7809
Curiousteve
Curiousteve

Oddometer: 50
Just got back from Texas yesterday after a two-week trip with BigDog. He picked me up at my place and we trailered his 650 Husky and my 650 Wee (big mistake taking that bike) to the hill country and rode 2,000 miles, camping along the way in Big Bend National Park, Big Bend Ranch State Park, Davis Mountains State Park and along the Colorado River at Barefoot camp ground. A fabulous trip, and I know BigDog will have one of his superb ride reports, so this is just a short teaser.

I'm a Texan by birth and it was my honor to introduce our trip leader to Luckenbach, where we spent some time enjoying root beers and listening to three fine guitarists/singers on a warm February Sunday afternoon.
[IMG][/IMG]

But it was COLD at night and on several of our ride days! We were prepared though, with mummy sleeping bags and heated riding gear. Temps ranged from 80s to 30s during the days and 50s to a low of 24 at night. Here we are in front of our campsite at Big Bend National Park.
[IMG][/IMG]

Here's BigDog making and enjoying morning coffee in his tent in Big Bend National Park where we camped along the Old Ore Road (you need a back-country permit and you'll want to deflate your tires a bit-- the "road" is rough with deep sand in places). [IMG][/IMG]

Here's the seat of my Wee that morning: [IMG][/IMG]

Here's why it was the wrong bike to bring. (Advice: never try to follow BigDog on an extended off-road adventure on a Wee loaded with camping gear and shod with street-biased tires!) This shot was taken at Big Bend National Park in an ancient sea bed of sand, silt and river gravel [IMG][/IMG]

We saw fabulous country, historic landmarks and amazing sunrises and sunsets. We mingled with dozens of friendly Texans and some not so friendly deer and javelina. We rode hundreds of miles on desolate gravel ranch roads in the warm Texas sun, as well as some long, scenic highways in near-freezing temps. This was a typical sunrise. Sunsets were even more spectacular.
[IMG][/IMG]

I'll will be posting a video of the entire trip soon, and waiting for BigDog's complete ride report! Hope he doesn't take too long... he took a zillion pix. Catch ya later, "pardners."
Curiousteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #7810
lfs225
Can Am Rider

Oddometer: 298
Looks like BD used his chair as a urinal during the night....
Old 03-07-2014, 04:41 PM   #7811
Teep
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 290
Cool ride

[QUOTE=[URL="http://s93.photobucket.com/user/stever48/media/IMG_0636_zpsa9b7a42f.jpg.html"][/URL][/IMG]

You rode Old Ore Road without a skid plate on the Wee! I rode it in 2012 on a BMW 650 twin fully loaded and bounced a lot of rocks off the skid plate. I managed to put some scratches on the Jesse boxes, not from a fall but the brush along the road. This was one trip I sure missed the WR250R. Some adventure riders you all are though, who ever heard of trailering. Those long Texas roads are great riding as you have the mostly to yourself all day long.
Teep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:24 PM   #7812
spidermann
nutcase

Oddometer: 146
I guess I just missed you guys - I was at Big Bend last week, just got home on Saturday. Old Ore Road was fun as was Black Gap Road. That's a good place to visit this time of year.
82 Rokon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS2ljnErAjI
spidermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #7813
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by lfs225 View Post
Looks like BD used his chair as a urinal during the night....
I was gona post something to that effect.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:35 PM   #7814
Curiousteve
Curiousteve

I see you have a well-stocked stable... which machine were you on? Sorry we missed you.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:07 PM   #7815
Curiousteve
Curiousteve

[QUOTE=Teep;23640141]
Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL="http://s93.photobucket.com/user/stever48/media/IMG_0636_zpsa9b7a42f.jpg.html"
[/URL][/IMG]

You rode Old Ore Road without a skid plate on the Wee! I rode it in 2012 on a BMW 650 twin fully loaded and bounced a lot of rocks off the skid plate. I managed to put some scratches on the Jesse boxes, not from a fall but the brush along the road. This was one trip I sure missed the WR250R. Some adventure riders you all are though, who ever heard of trailering. Those long Texas roads are great riding as you have the mostly to yourself all day long.

Did you ride down there in February?... if so you are Hoss!!! We unloaded just south of Dallas. When we got home the temps were in the 20s and we drove in ice from northern Texas and deep snow through Arkansas for a hundred miles. We were glad to be in BigDog's van.

Yeah, I have some new scratches. I bought my Wee the year they came out and never intended to ride anything like the Ore Road on it. It's got 32,000 blissful miles, with probably 1/4 of those on gravel, with no problems, no dragging, no crashes until the Old Ore Road. I don't have a center stand or a skid plate, which probably reduce ground clearance, but, like you, I was bouncing off rocks on the Ore Road and wishing for a skid plate... I was very lucky. When I decided to bring the Wee I had no idea we would be on anything more difficult than Texas farm roads, which a Wee handles with ease. (I have a home-made fender extender which keeps small rocks from hitting the underside.)