ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2014, 06:37 PM   #7966
Themastermike
Studly Adventurer
 
Themastermike's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: So Ill
Oddometer: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazman27 View Post
lemming wannabe....
In flooded panama city.
Thunder week, read harley week.

Lemmings gafukinlore.

Some douche stopped my line of traffic to let his line of pirates turn in front of me. F that. Should have taken him out.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
__________________
BBF 03-09-13 "It is cool. I was playing dakar racer It truly was a gr8 day of riding you bitch"
Themastermike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #7967
hotrod44
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2013
Location: south ill
Oddometer: 19
new to this area, no .... where to ride near me

hey all, looking to riding alone w/ a few duel sports? i ride a klr650 so i'm not able to hill climb at this time, but been riding off-road all my life! so please someone hook me up with some trails and woods mud and such. (there's nothing but corn fields and flat as a pancake here in highland,ill
hotrod44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:44 PM   #7968
sieg
Beastly Adventurer
 
sieg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Southern Illinois USA
Oddometer: 2,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod44 View Post
hey all, looking to riding alone w/ a few duel sports? i ride a klr650 so i'm not able to hill climb at this time, but been riding off-road all my life! so please someone hook me up with some trails and woods mud and such. (there's nothing but corn fields and flat as a pancake here in highland,ill
Ok we've got the Swinging Bridges Ride (SBR) going on as you were typing your post. That's where I've been this weekend. Then we've got Sieg's Mo-Ar Rocky Tracks, (SMART) the 3rd weekend in Aug. Then the Pucky Huddle Breakfast Run (PHBR) the third weekend in Sep. Then the Loose Nut in Nov. All within 150 miles of Highland IL. Between now and then I'll probably wear out a couple tires in Southern IL. (that's my job) I'll be out doing just that Tue. for sure BTW, you can join me. Or Thu. or Fri. are sill open. and maybe Sat.
__________________
I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but let's take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.
Current bikes F800GS-EXCF350-Versys-690R-RZ350
sieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:53 PM   #7969
Hazman27
The Haz
 
Hazman27's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Oddometer: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by sieg View Post
Ok we've got the Swinging Bridges Ride (SBR) going on as you were typing your post. That's where I've been this weekend. Then we've got Sieg's Mo-Ar Rocky Tracks, (SMART) the 3rd weekend in Aug. Then the Pucky Huddle Breakfast Run (PHBR) the third weekend in Sep. Then the Loose Nut in Nov. All within 150 miles of Highland IL. Between now and then I'll probably wear out a couple tires in Southern IL. (that's my job) I'll be out doing just that Tue. for sure BTW, you can join me. Or Thu. or Fri. are sill open. and maybe Sat.
Make sure Sieg leads the way, He is the new master in cleaning the trail of nails, hahahaha.
Hazman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:40 PM   #7970
sieg
Beastly Adventurer
 
sieg's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Southern Illinois USA
Oddometer: 2,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazman27 View Post
Make sure Sieg leads the way, He is the new master in cleaning the trail of nails, hahahaha.
hahaha.............not funny
__________________
I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but let's take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.
Current bikes F800GS-EXCF350-Versys-690R-RZ350
sieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #7971
rustynut2
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2010
Location: illinois
Oddometer: 442
Bumped into kanur down at Pine Hills/Larue Rd yesterday, Nice to meet you. Sorry you missed the earlier action, could have used some help getting that tiger out of the ditch. Not mine.....
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Work harder, millions on welfare depend on you.

12 T800XC
09 KLR 650
rustynut2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:39 AM   #7972
Solomoriah
likes the back roads
 
Solomoriah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Upper Right-Hand Corner of Missouri
Oddometer: 387
A couple of weekends back I visited Defiance, MO with some friends (non-riders, so we were in cars); we had heard that the Roadhouse had great burgers, and indeed they do. While we were eating there I got the chance to see a lot of motorcycles, some of them vintage bikes I don't see often up here in the upper right-hand corner of the state, as well as a number of really nice sports cars. I can understand the urge to get out and ride/drive the beautiful twisty roads in the area... but if I had been among them, I'll have to admit I'd have been bored, parading slowly in all that traffic.

Now I'm sure there are times when the traffic is not so bad, but... just the night before I picked up my bike at the repair shop in Kirksville, MO. It was right at 5:00pm when I rolled out of there... rush hour, even, though in Kirksville rush hour runs from around 3:00PM until close to 6:00PM due to the varying schedules of the different major employers.

I took the mildly-twisty Adair Co. Rt. P out of town, running it out to gravel, then wandered the gravel roads south to Hwy 11, thence west through the sweet smooth curves through Adair, MO, turning south at Knox Co. Rt. J to enjoy those curves, then cross country to Knox Co. Rt. P aka "Rabbit Ridge," a very familiar twisty bit that runs into Edina, MO. Paused to call my wife, and noted 36 miles on the tripmeter. I took Knox Co. Rt. T aka "Bee Ridge" most of the way through, branching off on gravel near the end and cutting across home.

In all of that ride, close to 50 miles, I was only slowed down by a single pickup truck.

I have concluded that I am living in a place very similar to Paradise. (In Paradise, I'm sure the pavement is smoother... but still. )

It's kind of sad, actually, that there are so few ADVers up here. I know of two others, but as yet have not been able to arrange a chance to ride with them.
__________________
And that road goes on and on into the sunset
And my destiny is bound to move me on
My website: gonnerman.org
Solomoriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:39 PM   #7973
ROYAL COACHMAN
Studly Adventurer
 
ROYAL COACHMAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Defiance, Mo.
Oddometer: 920
Hi Solomoriah!
I live in Defiance and yes it is a constant parade around here on the week ends, mostly the H.D. crowd and squids on sportbikes.

If your out here during the week it can be fun, not so much on Sat & Sun.
I typically head for Herman, MO. a little ways south west of here and do a big loop back to Washington............... less crowded.

By the way I hunt up in Knox county................ little town called Hurdland
off of hwy 6
I have ridden to the farm on the bike and always enjoy the roads up there
Nice area
__________________
2009 KLR 685
ROYAL COACHMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:30 PM   #7974
Solomoriah
likes the back roads
 
Solomoriah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Upper Right-Hand Corner of Missouri
Oddometer: 387
Hurdland... where I grew up, where my mother and my in-laws live, and in fact where I am posting this right now.

Curious...
__________________
And that road goes on and on into the sunset
And my destiny is bound to move me on
My website: gonnerman.org
Solomoriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:14 PM   #7975
Otis the Sasquatch
Beastly Adventurer
 
Otis the Sasquatch's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Kirkwood, MO
Oddometer: 1,050
Headed for the Springfield Mile tomorrow. haven't been since 2009.

If you see the Big Guy w/ the s#!t-eating grin @ the rail just past Turn 4, say hi!

__________________
Black care rarely sits behind the rider whose pace is fast enough.
Theodore Roosevelt

Fact is, I like roads. I like to move.
Harry Truman
Otis the Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:23 PM   #7976
ROYAL COACHMAN
Studly Adventurer
 
ROYAL COACHMAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Defiance, Mo.
Oddometer: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomoriah View Post
Hurdland... where I grew up, where my mother and my in-laws live, and in fact where I am posting this right now.

Curious...
Small world
__________________
2009 KLR 685
ROYAL COACHMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:15 AM   #7977
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer
 
MizzouRider's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Fly over zone
Oddometer: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYAL COACHMAN View Post
Hi Solomoriah!
I live in Defiance and yes it is a constant parade around here on the week ends, mostly the H.D. crowd and squids on sportbikes.

If your out here during the week it can be fun, not so much on Sat & Sun.
I typically head for Herman, MO. a little ways south west of here and do a big loop back to Washington............... less crowded.

By the way I hunt up in Knox county................ little town called Hurdland
off of hwy 6
I have ridden to the farm on the bike and always enjoy the roads up there
Nice area
I've hunted around Hurdland many times! Didn't know you hunted around there. We sure used to find a lot of quail around that part of Missouri. I've spent at least a 100 nights up in Edina chasing quail, several nights in Knox City, chasing turkeys..

I've ridden up around Center Missouri recently. There is a nice gravel road that splits north off of 19 as you are going southwest off of 61. It crosses H then turns into Griffin Hollow. Couple of small creek crossings, but very pretty country.

Hope to catch you out riding one of these days Glen. Take care.
__________________
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:49 AM   #7978
RAGBrian
jonesing for a ride
 
RAGBrian's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Wildwood, MO
Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomoriah View Post

I have concluded that I am living in a place very similar to Paradise. (In Paradise, I'm sure the pavement is smoother... but still. )

It's kind of sad, actually, that there are so few ADVers up here. I know of two others, but as yet have not been able to arrange a chance to ride with them.
Thanks for the write up on the ride. My daughter attended Truman and graduated last May. I rode up on the motorcycle once to visit for the day. Nice roads up there (well, they're new to me and un-explored!). When driving to visit in the car I would scan the side roads and wonder where they went.

Someday looking to get back up North and find some gravel sections. I may pm you before and maybe setup a meetup for information and see if you wanna ride together.
__________________
RAGBrian :: NC700X ::1978 CX500 Standard :: 1976 CB360T ::
"Going where you don't belong, I decided a long time ago, is the root of all misery and the soul of all adventure." - Peter Egan
RAGBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:58 PM   #7979
ROYAL COACHMAN
Studly Adventurer
 
ROYAL COACHMAN's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Defiance, Mo.
Oddometer: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRider View Post
I've hunted around Hurdland many times! Didn't know you hunted around there. We sure used to find a lot of quail around that part of Missouri. I've spent at least a 100 nights up in Edina chasing quail, several nights in Knox City, chasing turkeys..

I've ridden up around Center Missouri recently. There is a nice gravel road that splits north off of 19 as you are going southwest off of 61. It crosses H then turns into Griffin Hollow. Couple of small creek crossings, but very pretty country.

Hope to catch you out riding one of these days Glen. Take care.
I'm on a 450 acre farm with 2 stocked ponds and a wet lands area that attracts lots of water fowl.

The deer and dove hunting are excellent!
Quail seem sort of scarce these days
__________________
2009 KLR 685
ROYAL COACHMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:45 PM   #7980
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter
 
BigDogAdventures's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Mt. Vernon, Illinois
Oddometer: 4,724
Utah Ride

If you guys get bored.

Here's a video I just uploaded to you tube.
It's in Utah and was the best part of a 2,000 mile ride I did there
with Dingweeds, Dr. Rock and Francine (Mobius Riders).
I was on my new KTM690-------it did fine and never missed a beat.
Although one day I was 5 miles short making it to a gas station.

Be sure and select 720p and HD or it will look like the fuzzies.

BigDog

__________________
WR250R 2008
KTM EXC 450 2006
Husqvarna TR650 Terra 2013
KTM 690 Enduro 2014
If your bike weighs more than 400lbs. You might not make it.
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 11:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014