ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #8086
bash3r
I ain't no DingWeed

Oddometer: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by caver View Post
I sometimes miss that HP of my old DR650 but in June I was climbing a steep mining road above Jarbidge NV and over I went. The WR250R was slightly downhill and almost sideways in the trail. The wheels were higher than the gas tank to explain it a different way. It took everything I had to get that thing standing upright. I kept thinking....glad I don't have the old 650.

Of course, BigDog came down the trial laughing and snapping photos....

ADV Gear | 3 Step Hideaway |Campground POIs
bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:10 AM   #8087
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by bash3r View Post

Of course, BigDog came down the trial laughing and snapping photos....
It's hard to give up that much hp. I'm holding out for a 400 - 450 (a WR400R would be perfect.)
I notice the last two bikes Mark has added to his fleet are a 650 and a 690, perhaps he enjoys a little thrill at the twist if the throttle also..
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:44 PM   #8088
Hazman27
The Haz

Oddometer: 637
Has eveyrone checked out the 'SMART Ride" its coming up, see the thread for info.
Hazman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:30 PM   #8089
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,853
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazman27 View Post
Has eveyrone checked out the 'SMART Ride" its coming up, see the thread for info.
Nope---never heard of it----------I do the "DUMB" rides
Will see you there Hazman.
I gave Bash3r the other bed in my room-----as I never did get a response from you if you wanted it.

Well here's the link to it.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=973237

Sieg just left my house-------routing is all done he says---he likes it better than the Pucky Huddle-----I did ride most of it with him awhile back and I agree. Almost no pavement---he did a really good job.

Me and Dingweeds are headed to Montana after this ride---I was afraid I was going to miss the SMART---but we moved our ride out a bit.

Oh Sieg stopped by my house this morning on his way home from riding down in Tennessee----which he did a few days after riding all over Europe.
Him and Linda are living large since both of them are retired. They both have worked hard all their lives and deserve it.

BigDog

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 07-31-2014 at 08:28 PM
BigDogAdventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:43 PM   #8090
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,654
Quote:
Hmmmm sounds interesting. I'll check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogAdventures View Post
Oh Sieg stopped by my house this morning on his way home from riding down in Tennessee----which he did a few days after riding all over Europe.
Him and Linda are living large since both of them are retired. They both have worked hard all their lives and deserve it.

BigDog
HAHA and I'll be home for one day then heading out with you.......and going riding in MO. next week.... I never get a break.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:08 AM   #8091
wayno
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,470
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRider View Post
It's hard to give up that much hp. I'm holding out for a 400 - 450 (a WR400R would be perfect.)
I notice the last two bikes Mark has added to his fleet are a 650 and a 690, perhaps he enjoys a little thrill at the twist if the throttle also..
WR450R would be it man! Yam need to hurry up 4 I get to old.
"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty, and the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw
wayno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:03 AM   #8092
Hazman27
The Haz

Oddometer: 637
Bike Mechanic?

Any luck with bike mechanics in the St. Louis area? My bike is down, don't want to mess with it again, needs work, and looking for quick turn around, Donelsons on Rock Road says it would be a month before they could get it in....looking at cylinder gaskets, brake bleed. valve adjust, etc. hard start, power loss, maybe rings, piston replace?
Hazman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 08:22 AM   #8093
bbtech
Computer Guru

Oddometer: 58
Quote:
Any luck with bike mechanics in the St. Louis area? My bike is down, don't want to mess with it again, needs work, and looking for quick turn around, Donelsons on Rock Road says it would be a month before they could get it in....looking at cylinder gaskets, brake bleed. valve adjust, etc. hard start, power loss, maybe rings, piston replace?

I like this guy and his shop in Belleville IL.... http://deekemotorsports.com/Services.aspx
Old 08-03-2014, 09:15 AM   #8094
Slvrtundevl
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbtech View Post
I like this guy and his shop in Belleville IL.... http://deekemotorsports.com/Services.aspx

2nd that....
Old 08-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #8095
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Yep. +3 I've known Randy since he was a baby. And he's been around bikes since then.

Route 15 Cycle's in Freeburg IL. is good too.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #8096
lfs225
Can Am Rider

Oddometer: 307
Sieg's Europe trip

We're waiting for your ride report.......
Old 08-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #8097
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfs225 View Post
We're waiting for your ride report.......
I can't type that much..............
Old 08-03-2014, 10:47 AM   #8098
lfs225
Can Am Rider

Oddometer: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by sieg View Post
I can't type that much..............
They're too dang much work. I'm reading Questor's and Cannonshot's report right now and WOW! They are both excellent but Cannonshot's is unbelievable. The research and work.......
Old 08-04-2014, 03:43 PM   #8099
bash3r
I ain't no DingWeed

Oddometer: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRider View Post
I hear ya... I'm still interested in what the KTM 390 Adventure is going to look like.. some say smaller/lighter version of the 1190...

What I've found is the need for more hp just to eat up miles, more adventure touring..., plus my wife is really wanting to go on another 2up adventure.. but for the exploring adventures there's nothing like the WR250R.. esp. when you lay it over .. just wish it had the punch of my WR250F

ADV Gear | 3 Step Hideaway |Campground POIs
bash3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 05:34 AM   #8100
MizzouRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,752
Quote:
Originally Posted by bash3r View Post
I hear ya... I'm still interested in what the KTM 390 Adventure is going to look like.. some say smaller/lighter version of the 1190...

What I've found is the need for more hp just to eat up miles, more adventure touring..., plus my wife is really wanting to go on another 2up adventure.. but for the exploring adventures there's nothing like the WR250R.. esp. when you lay it over .. just wish it had the punch of my WR250F
We just got back from Colo, riding passes. The 650 was nice on the mountain twisties, and easy gravel passes, but a handful on Tomichi, and parts of Tin Cup.
We were with two guys on DRZ 400s. Seems like the best if both worlds.. I'd miss the fuel injection though.
The KTM 390 sounds great. I'd not heard of it until you posted.
Thx
IBA#32778 2008 R1200GSA 2007 G650XChallenge
No man is as good as he ought to be, and few men are as bad as they seem.. (from a early 1900s post card found in Perry, Missouri..)
MizzouRider is offline   Reply With Quote