ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2007, 04:04 PM   #91
adways
On my way to *YOUR* town

Oddometer: 8,434
Just found out that I will be in Chicago Sunday.

Maybe next time. Plan on July 14-15 at my place
Old 06-23-2007, 10:48 AM   #92
J-Fearless
Fan Of Rocks

Oddometer: 3
If you are interested in riding in Western Missouri. Mark Twain National Forest in Chadwick Missouri is a great place to do more heavy duty riding. If you check out the Cassville Missouri area there are many miles of dual sport trails and some great Ozark Mountain views. The best thing to do is to: put yourself in the know. Get to a local shop that sells aftermarket parts and accessories. You will meet people there that break things. This means they like to ride and probably know places to go.
J-Fearless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 03:05 PM   #93
dminded
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
I'm out, good luck- ride safe.
dminded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 05:29 PM   #94
racer514
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
I'm still in tomorrow but the back brakes went metal to metal on todays ride. Its my last day to ride before going back to Jersey so Ill just use the backs as little as possible unless anyone out there is St. Louis has a set of rear pads for a KLR they may want to sell me tonight...lol

If lightening strikes and someone does, please call me at 732-267-3699.

If not, ill see you in the morning.

Keith
racer514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:08 PM   #95
jtgreens
Steamer

Oddometer: 34
Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow - unexpected family responsibilities

Have a good ride and I'll catch up with you guys next time
jtgreens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 09:32 PM   #96
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,756
Missouri Lakes

Hi All,
Hope you don't mind the post in your thread, since i it is not exactly motorcyle ride related.
Was hoping to get some input from the locals (you) on an awesome spot to vacation and enjoy your great state.
I am located in Manhattan.
Looking for a house on a lake to take the family to for a couple of weeks in August. At this point we are setting the 1st to the 14th as the dates we plan on getting away.
I have a brother who lives in Denver who will be joining us as well.
In total we will be 10, between the parents and kids. Only bikes we will be bringing are the pedaling kind, (heavy sigh).
If i could walk away from this post with just some suggestions on some lakes that would be cool, was thinking there might be one or two of you that might have or know someone with a rentable house which would make this even easier.

Tanks,
Roy
Old 06-24-2007, 04:48 AM   #97
ThumperDRZ OP
Bouncing off Rocks!

Oddometer: 2,399
If you like crowds and fun...Do a search on "Lake of the Ozarks"

For a more subdued and less crowded lake check out Mark Twain Lake.

One of my favorite lakes and you can also enjoy crowds and some Country western stars and shows check out Table Rock Lake and also Branson, MO.

It's a tourist trap but a lot of fun for kids. Highly recommended.

Good Luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthuey
Hi All,
Hope you don't mind the post in your thread, since i it is not exactly motorcyle ride related.
Was hoping to get some input from the locals (you) on an awesome spot to vacation and enjoy your great state.
Looking for a house on a lake to take the family to for a couple of weeks in August. At this point we are setting the 1st to the 14th as the dates we plan on getting away.
In total we will be 10, between the parents and kids. Only bikes we will be bringing are the pedaling kind, (heavy sigh).
If i could walk away from this post with just some suggestions on some lakes that would be cool, was thinking there might be one or two of you that might have or know someone with a rentable house which would make this even easier.

Tanks,
Roy

On Hiatus
ThumperDRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 04:55 AM   #98
racer514
Gnarly Adventurer

gary,

leaving hotel (near aiport right now) in case you online checking.,

keith
Old 06-24-2007, 06:31 AM   #99
iyeager
I lost my avatar...

Oddometer: 2,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by rthuey
Hi All,

Tanks,
Roy
Check into Bull Shoals (sp?) down in southern MO. Used to go there every summer when I was a kid. Great lake, medium crowds, high (but safe) cliffs to dive off of.

Ian
iyeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 08:04 PM   #100
racer514
Gnarly Adventurer

Gary, CJ... Thanks for a great Day. 416.8 miles when all was said and done for the day. Gary, that cop was behind you with the lights on for SOO long and you didnt even realize it. That was funny. When I left you and got on rt 44 I entered the highway right next to Ken on the way home from Arkansas. We stopped and BS'd for a while. I may get out one night this week but if not, I want to thank all the Misouri riders for being so friendly and such good hosts. I am very close to 1500 miles on the bike in such a short time. The bike has more miles than the truck that drove here from NJ...lol I look forward to coming back again.

-Keith
Old 06-24-2007, 09:10 PM   #101
yard dog
cheap but not free

Oddometer: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer514
When I left you and got on rt 44 I entered the highway right next to Ken on the way home from Arkansas.

-Keith
The odds of us meeting have to be astronomical. I enjoyed riding with you Keith and wish you well in your new career. You're welcome here anytime. Ken
yard dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:17 AM   #102
ThumperDRZ OP
Bouncing off Rocks!

That is amazing that you met Ken on the highway.....you guys better go play the lottery. That was a great ride yesterday...I think we rode almost every terrain Mother Nature could throw at us minus tight single track. It's awesome to start out on wide gravel forest roads that eventually narrow down to some tracks that are 6' wide with a few that end up as rutted paths. All through the National Forest and all on City Select... . Concerning the cop....earplugs are sometimes a bad thing but a wore out screaming DOT knobbie sure doesn't help... . Glad you and CJ made it yesterday....with a few mods to the route to take out the roads with the fences...this could be a great and challenging dual sport ride. CJ got his GS through some very challenging sections....

Here's a shot where we ate lunch.....you locals know this place...we had all ready been down a 200 foot (or bigger) rocky hill and back up because of a gate across the road. I had my rear tire slide out in a rut on the way down but no harm done. All 3 bikes toasted that sucker on the way up.. .We also tried to divert the route becuase of the gate but couldn't get through..tried another road but there was another gate.....we were 2 hours behind when we got to Bixby but it sure was fun getting there....
Attached Images

On Hiatus

ThumperDRZ screwed with this post 06-25-2007 at 07:25 PM Reason: Add Photo
Old 06-25-2007, 06:38 PM   #103
ThumperDRZ OP
Bouncing off Rocks!

Here's Keith and CJ at Sutton's Bluff....this was on the way back and being behind and all...not a whole lot of time to explore.. Keith is sure pleased with that (I do believe) 62,000 mile KLR he has....the way it chugged up that previously mentioned hill-he should be.
Attached Images

On Hiatus
Old 06-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #104
Buzzez
Wind Powered

Oddometer: 10,476

~&>)
(-)@(+)______

Buzzez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 05:50 AM   #105
ThumperDRZ OP
Bouncing off Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzez
I don't take many pictures though I am going to try to start. I think I took 3 this trip.

But - Who's up for riding on Sunday - July 15th??

Wife and kids will be gone so I'll be ready. How about heading to the Swinging Bridges which are south of Lake of the Ozarks..... It will be some of the same roads we took during the Caveman Restaurant ride.

Chime in

On Hiatus