Oddometer: 68
and another

rocky burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:25 PM   #3723
OK Lucinda
n00b

Oddometer: 279
Wow, very nice.
And, who makes that windshield/spoiler behind the touratech windshield?
OK Lucinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:00 AM   #3724
rocky burns
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OK Lucinda View Post
Wow, very nice.
And, who makes that windshield/spoiler behind the touratech windshield?
That would be me its part of the fairing I added it on in fibreglass and now someone is making the same for me in carbon fibre. Done the mold ready, just got a few small adjustment s to make and ill fit it
rocky burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #3725
OK Lucinda
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky burns View Post
That would be me its part of the fairing I added it on in fibreglass and now someone is making the same for me in carbon fibre. Done the mold ready, just got a few small adjustment s to make and ill fit it
For a minute there I thought I'd get you to make two.

When I built up my bike with all the stuff needed for a few years on the road and basically shopped the entire HPN catalogue, decent front forks, etc, then got to the point where the ergonomics (windshield, seat) had to be looked at and thought if we went any further the bike would lose its character and I would try it as it was for a while. Well, that wasn't the smartest call but we're still out there and not willing to toss the seat or add a windshield yet. Regret this most days, but wtf.
Old 09-29-2013, 11:29 PM   #3726
BiG DoM
African Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by OK Lucinda View Post
For a minute there I thought I'd get you to make two.

When I built up my bike with all the stuff needed for a few years on the road and basically shopped the entire HPN catalogue, decent front forks, etc, then got to the point where the ergonomics (windshield, seat) had to be looked at and thought if we went any further the bike would lose its character and I would try it as it was for a while. Well, that wasn't the smartest call but we're still out there and not willing to toss the seat or add a windshield yet. Regret this most days, but wtf.
I am using a standard 1200GS screen (having tried a few options) and recently picked up a Kahedo seat - best thing you can do for your butt for long hauls IMHO ... and I am not usually a soft butt rider! Also looks good on the bike.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... 'Fuck, what a trip!'

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcyclists.
BiG DoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:19 AM   #3727
fredbenz
2 wheel adventurer

GS screen

BiG DoM,

Curious how you mounted the GS screen... any pictures... any tips on how to do it? Just came off a 5 day ride and am planning a 3-4 week ride next spring and would love to find a better shield.
'04 KTM 200 EXC
fredbenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #3728
farcall
Bike-a-holic

Oddometer: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbenz View Post
BiG DoM,

Curious how you mounted the GS screen... any pictures... any tips on how to do it? Just came off a 5 day ride and am planning a 3-4 week ride next spring and would love to find a better shield.
He has a write-up of his bike on Wilddog. A good read. I think the GSA screen is 1st mentioned on p2.

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=33547.0
farcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:04 PM   #3729
chksgl17
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Pittsburgh, PA

chksgl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #3730
OK Lucinda
n00b

Canyon del Pato on Friday. 60 miles long, good dirt or gravel, 35 tunnels, serious exposure most of the time, awesome. Many say the best route in Peru. ADV rider flyingdutchman felt it was the best route in South America.

Old 10-06-2013, 12:55 PM   #3731
BiG DoM
African Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by farcall View Post
He has a write-up of his bike on Wilddog. A good read. I think the GSA screen is 1st mentioned on p2.

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=33547.0
Yes that thread shows the basic mounting with the spacers - the OEM 1200 screen mounts the same to them and I have retained the Adv bracket for GPS. I have done quite a bit more over the years incuding WP forks and raised dash, BD headlight etc. More recent pics here:

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/inde...pic=38161.7820

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... 'Fuck, what a trip!'

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcyclists.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:42 PM   #3732
mike cummins
OUTBACK RIDER

Oddometer: 720
hp2

im onto my 2nd hp2e .....its sitting idle in the shed atm, but all it takes is to see some pics from my mates and their travels to stat me getting itchy feet for distances far away. thanks guys for the pics.
mike cummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #3733
OK Lucinda
n00b

The duffle is back in the hotel while exploring the Huaraz valley in this pic. Sorry no softbags but I'm just waiting for bags I like to magically appear. Kreiga are close to having the right stuff imo. The bike is light. Boxes are only 29 litres. Full Ti system, S battery, a general weight reduction where possible to make up for the HPN tank and more. I have no idea what she weighs but definately lighter than stock before the boxes. In previous pics two Rotopax's are fitted - as soon as I'm passed Bolivia and Argentina they get sent home.

I hate Heidenau tires but use them. The new (as of last month) Sava MC60 is being tested by a well-known ADV friend in the US and I'll post his report when I get it. You'll hear it first here!

So if you don't mind I'll drop pics of my HP2 on this thread as we wind our way around to promote this amazing and unique bike. I don't think, in balance, there's a better long distance machine if both distance kiling and rough work with a nice agricultural engine are taken into account. I'm amazed that there aren't more HP2's out here - it's perfect for this.

Anyway, here's the flip - a shithole from today

Old 10-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #3734
BiG DoM
African Adventurer

Your travels are INSPIRING!

I have been happy with the Giant Loop stuff once you are used to the packing regime.
Also the Mitas tyres are the best for your type of riding IMHO - Mitas E09 Dakar version or E07 which is more likevthe Heidi.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #3735
OK Lucinda
n00b

Cry

Thanks BD. Thanks for your tire advice, I'll try them...

I'll not cluther the thread up and only post when it's an exceptional day. Today was exceptional! I'm trying to get a pic of something and have spent two days riding into the Cordillera Blanca to get the shot. Normally I wouldn't care about a photo but this time is different. I was unsuccessful again today. I'm going to try again tomorrow.

Here's my HP2 (Lucinda) on a typical Peruvian high ledge above Llagunuco Chinacocha. This was the rest stop at 12500' after about 30 miles of rocky climbing. My suspension is set up a little firm and I've been paying for it for months. I dick around with it but need the help of a suspension guru. I have an Ohlins rear and a WP48 up front. I'm pretty light at 170 lbs and I'm taking a beating despite backing everything off. Next chance of finding talent is NZ in February/March or Australia in March/April. It can wait. Need softer progessives or something.

Hey that emoticon thing in the title bar ended up in the wrong place and I can't find a way to kill it. Sorry.