User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2014, 10:05 PM   #1
Hikertrash OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,907
BMW Two in One Glove

Anybody have a pair of these yet? They're in dealers now, but I can't find any reviews online.

IBA #50489
Hikertrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 02:17 AM   #2
Kaludrob
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Have a look at the Held Air 'n Dry which I have just received today. It is basically identical without the BMW branding. All in all a great glove and it won pretty much all the comparisons in the German magazines. However I have no experiences whatsoever with it.
Kaludrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 08:03 AM   #3
Hikertrash OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaludrob View Post
Have a look at the Held Air 'n Dry which I have just received today. It is basically identical without the BMW branding. All in all a great glove and it won pretty much all the comparisons in the German magazines. However I have no experiences whatsoever with it.
I looked at the Helds, but they seem more cold weather oriented. The BMW glove is more of a warmer weather glove that's just waterproof.
IBA #50489
Old 07-06-2014, 04:23 AM   #4
Kaludrob
n00b

Oddometer: 3
You are right. That's why I am a n00b :-)
Kaludrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:38 AM   #5
AlwaysRolling
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
I'm also interested in reading feedback on these and seeing pictures.
AlwaysRolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:22 AM   #6
LeadFarmer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
I have a pair, and find them very comfy, I mainly wear them in 'Grip' and haven't had an opportunity to test them in the wet, though I was thinking of dipping my hands into a bucket of water to see how they perform, in the hope BMW will refund me if needed.

LeadFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:24 AM   #7
lhendrik
Truffle Rustler

Oddometer: 2,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
I have a pair, and find them very comfy. I haven't really had an opportunity to test them in the wet, though I was thinking of dipping my hands into a bucket of water to see how they perform, in the hope BMW will refund me if needed.

A dunk test is a good idea. If BMW won't refund your money, the GoreTex people will, they guarantee anything that their label is on.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #8
Hikertrash OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadFarmer View Post
I have a pair, and find them very comfy, I mainly wear them in 'Grip' and haven't had an opportunity to test them in the wet, though I was thinking of dipping my hands into a bucket of water to see how they perform, in the hope BMW will refund me if needed.
How are they for warmer weather touring? Anything you don't like about them? I recently got rid of my Klim Elements and have narrowed my replacement rain gloves to the Atlantis 3 or the 2 in 1. I like the concept of the 2 in 1 because it may allow me to use them for 3 seasons.
IBA #50489
Old 07-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #9
Patch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 791
So I tried a pair on at the dealer yesterday ... but I must be missing the concept.

The Goretex liner stays in the glove, you just either put your hand in both glove pockets or separately underneath the gore liner into the single layer. This felt great in the 'grip' pocket, but I would wonder about that Gore liner still being above (at the top of) your fingers and hand. Wouldn;t this also block all airflow, etc and be too hot?
Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #10
LeadFarmer
Adventurer

I live in the UK and ride a GSA, so the weather here differs to yours.

I've been wearing these over the UK summer and I think they are great. To be honest, having the gortex section above the hand when wearing in the grip section is something I find useful, as even on warm days when riding at fast speeds they keep the backs of your hands warm from the wind chill effect.

I can't find any fault with them and I don't even notice I'm wearing them as they are comfy. But I do need to do the bucket test.

It's nice to only carry the one pair of gloves, if it rains just slip your hand into the other section. Come winter I intend to attach some muffs to my handlebars which should allow me to carry on using the 2'in'1 gloves with my heated grips.

LeadFarmer screwed with this post 07-06-2014 at 08:41 PM
Old 07-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #11
PeterX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 187
gloves

[QUOTE=Hikertrash;24546636]Anybody have a pair of these yet? They're in dealers now, but I can't find any reviews online.

I bought a pair of Held Air & Dry for a ride up north. I'm a big Held fan, so I got them even though the fingers were a little long. They were comfortable, but they leaked, and the fingers were really too long.

Sent them to Gortex, they tested and said they had failed and they would pick up the tab for new gloves. I bought the BMW 2 in 1. They fit much better, haven't tried them in the rain yet, but they are great in the desert heat, plus BMW backs them for 2 years. Happy with my purchase and with customer service from Gortex.
PeterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:51 PM   #12
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,945
I have the Held Warm&Dry and while the "Dry" (Goretex) side fits me reasonably well, the "Warm" is much smaller. There is at least half a size difference between the two, if not a full size.

Do people notice the same with the BMW?
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 07:02 AM   #13
LeadFarmer
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
I have the Held Warm&Dry and while the "Dry" (Goretex) side fits me reasonably well, the "Warm" is much smaller. There is at least half a size difference between the two, if not a full size.

Do people notice the same with the BMW?
The warm side of the 2 in 1 gloves is about half a size smaller, but with use, they have stretched to fit me comfortably.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:46 PM   #14
AlwaysRolling
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 266
Thank you for the photo upload, Lead Farmer. It is interesting to see a clear picture of how these gloves appear,m as I prefer the more subdued look for some of their gloves. Regardless, it's sounds like a very versatile glove, made of quality materials.
AlwaysRolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:00 AM   #15
LeadFarmer
Adventurer

I forgot to add, there is a visor wipe blade on the left glove.