Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 801
Those Olympia AirGlide jackets R BRIGHT
frogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:05 PM   #2462
Jenn
praise seitan!

Oddometer: 784
And they are water tight - I had no problems when I got caught in a rainstorm going from 89 to 80 on my way home - just couldn't see (the helmet visor helped a lot though the face shield still had to be wiped off a lot).

It's still really bright. It particularly attracts attention of 3 year olds. And people who say "are you riding a motorcycle?" and I say, "No, I just like to be safe since I hear so much about pedestrian deaths in this area"
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:21 PM   #2463
ragman666
n00b

Oddometer: 6

ragman666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #2464
Jenn
praise seitan!

Oddometer: 784
Something wrong with that last photo - overexposed and all white - did you try re-uploading it?
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #2465
HaChayalBoded
Brooklyn Bored

Oddometer: 7,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragman666 View Post

What tent is this?
HaChayalBoded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:02 PM   #2466
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,118
Packed:

Camped:

About 50lbs of bags according to Continental Air. Camp kit in left bag, Personal stuff in right bag. Tools, chair, spares, food, stove, water, maps etc in tail duffel.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:45 AM   #2467
ragman666
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaChayalBoded View Post
What tent is this?
That is a Norwegian Tipi from Bisontelt called Tundra 4. 400cm Diameter and a height of 275cm.

It's very durable made from a cotton/polyester mixture and you can make a fire inside. The weight is ~13kg with the original centerpole (very stable, also in stormy weather), perfect outfit to go wintercamping with the Ural (way too much with the Diesel-Enfield in the pictures above - but that was funny).

Meanwhile I own another one from the same company, the smaller Tundra 3. Same height but it has a rectangle base with 275cm each side. I bought a nesting lightweight centerpole and take it with me, when I go with the SR500.

ragman666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:20 AM   #2468
CrashBar
Just Wanna Ride

Oddometer: 134
Weekend Solo camping setup

October trip from Boston up through vermont, camped up near Killington. Bivy / down bag / inflatable thermarest / inflatable pillow / small tarp if needed. Nesting pot and cup / msr stove / toaster / cutco knife / cutting board / water / Ti spork / chili / oragami bowl / plate / sardines / 1800 / placemat / potholder / dishtowel / poptarts. Book / surefire light / iphone / leica m6 / omega speedmaster. Stich / combat boots / denim jacket.

Everything fits in the stock bags. Packs back up in a flash. Can do the same into a pair of soft bags on my CB350F. Tools and first aid pack in the fairing. Odds and ends like spare gloves in the tankbag. Throw the topcase on and I'm good for a month with the same basic kit. Not a big fan of strapping stuff on.

Oh, yea, the K11 is a hoot on the backroads of Vermont on an early October Sunday morning, warm and toasty even in the mid-40's (Mr Russel added heat last winter, very nice option). 117M miles and breaking in nicely.
Attached Images

1993 K1100 LT (132,000 miles and counting)
1973 CB350F / 1978 CB550K / 1973 TR5T
CrashBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #2469
frogy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
And they are water tight - I had no problems when I got caught in a rainstorm going from 89 to 80 on my way home - just couldn't see (the helmet visor helped a lot though the face shield still had to be wiped off a lot).

It's still really bright. It particularly attracts attention of 3 year olds. And people who say "are you riding a motorcycle?" and I say, "No, I just like to be safe since I hear so much about pedestrian deaths in this area"
U could also say "No,Im workin on the road down the street."
Im not a lime green kinda guy but I have the AirGlide and Bushwacker in that color...It helps ya get noticed.
frogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 07:44 AM   #2470
fiwi
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
This is the set up that I used on my last/first big trip on the bike. Never again. Basically all of my gear in the one large bag was a silly idea, if i needed to get anything out of the bag i had to take the whole bag off to get to it, also I was carrying too much gear. I think I have learnt from that. Im off on a trip in a few weeks, I now have an ortllieb drybag for all of my soft gear and a small waterproof rollup bag for my other stuff eg cooking gear, food etc. Also purchased a set of wolfman tank panniers, should be enough.
Attached Images

fiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #2471
adventure950
Anglo-Saxon

Oddometer: 530
This was me and the wife travelling two up on a 5500 mile trip from Uk through Russia and Back the bike an 03 ktm 950 was packed up for both of us, lighter stuff and camping gear in the top box, personal stuff in the panniers tent underslung on right pannier, tank bag for daily needs and ammo pouches on front crashbars for tools spare tubes tyre repair stuff etc, a few tools and tyre pliers mounted behind rear number plate and pump and levers on the sub frame under rails. Bike was faultless on journey and coped two up with everything from motorway to dirt tracks - had one puncture due to large staple type nail on road. This was on the return Leg heading back to the Border and was baking hot day we had just pulled up looking for rooms in the city after about 350 mile run. I was totally knackered out with the heat then entering the city which took about an hour or so to get here. I ended up Note the height of the kerb's also - as I had to get her over the kerb up some steps over a door threshold along a hallway - then down a flight of concrete steps into a basement where I chained her (the bike not the wife) to a heating system for the flats - she stayed there for three or four days till we left the city.

adventure950 screwed with this post 02-17-2012 at 02:59 AM
adventure950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #2472
adventure950
Anglo-Saxon

Oddometer: 530
This is one of my bike in Early May 2008 I was going solo heavily laden(with lots of warm gear and carrying a good supply of food ) but going way way north of the Arctic circle up to Murmansk so carrying lots of supplies and a large tipi - on the bilge pump (r80gs) It was a very cold trip and not without one or two problems.
the left pannier had camping gear stove sleeping bag etc, the right pannier had clothing tools the tank bag extra waterproofs, camera and the usual crap, the tipi tied across the rack behind the solo seat. the bottles on the back had water in one of the red bottles,Rum in the other and the Black one had a 2 litres of petrol.
these days I only use soft panniers and a small roll bag on the rear rack got sick of the weight of this set up it was just to much.

adventure950 screwed with this post 02-17-2012 at 02:59 AM
adventure950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #2473
MAKETIMBER
Blendzol or nitro?

Oddometer: 160
After five years camping on same bike

This is the rig I have landed on. The orange dry bag holds my tent, sleeping bag, pillow,and single air bed mattress, and ground tarp. I just roll it all up and put the whole deal into the dry bag. When I get to the next stop simply take roll out of dry bag and unroll it. The black dry bag on the top box gets fuller and fuller with trip schwag as the trip goes on. Tis pic was taken reception area of a Port Hardy (I think) B.C. hotel. She said to "go ahead and bring in your camping gear" so what the heck, I did.
Attached Images

MAKETIMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:28 AM   #2474
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKETIMBER View Post
... Tis pic was taken reception area of a Port Hardy (I think) B.C. hotel. She said to "go ahead and bring in your camping gear" so what the heck, I did.
And THEN what did she say?
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:56 PM   #2475
ktmman1503
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 262
Recent Trip to Outback New South Wales Australia.

Some pics of our camps.

ktmman1503 is offline   Reply With Quote