Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2008, 02:09 PM   #76
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

Oddometer: 5,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJ
Can the relay be replaced if it ever fails?
I've thrown together a mini FAQ on the Fuzeblock in this thread http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407243 and answered your question over there. Basically it can be replaced but you'll have to solder.

Get a SmugMug account and use coupon code DwHE0pDRjpJfw to save yourself $5.
Hotspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:02 AM   #77
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

The shelves are getting full but I keep on adding.

Recently fellow inmate Lineareagle passed the baton to me for the manufacturing of his popular R1200GS Adventure Light Bar Kit

The first round came in late last week from powdercoating and all of the existing orders have gone out as of today.

This is a great light bar that allows you to easily mount a second set of lights onto your GSA.

You can either maintain the stock BMW light bar for your factory fogs or I've added the ability to use the EzyMount Factory Fog relocation kit so that you can totally eliminate the factory bar, the choice is yours.

Remember, this is ONLY for the Adventure model as it bolts up to the factory enging guard.

Old 11-19-2008, 06:49 PM   #78
Smoke Show
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Thumb

Damn I love you guys. For dumb ass noobs like myself this shit is priceless. I've been looking for something like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden
I love mine!!!

Jim
Smoke Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:33 AM   #79
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke Show
Damn I love you guys. For dumb ass noobs like myself this shit is priceless. I've been looking for something like this.
Yep, the Rox Risers are a Great improvement to the standard bar position for a lot of people.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:48 AM   #80
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

If you are big-boned like me and hate to try and plug and unplug little things in tight spots the latest product might be just what you've been looking for.

This short (approx 6") MiniUSB Adapter for Garmin GPS is a short extension cord of sorts for the USB connector on your GPS.

This thing is perfect if you're tired of trying to plug and unplug your power every time you put the GPS on your bike or take it off. Just plug this into your GPS and then plug your power cord. When it comes time to connect or disconnect the device you do it at the end of this cord, approximately 6" away from the GPS unit so you aren't dealing with tight quarters.

It can also be used on other devices you power with USB like MP3 players, Blackberry's and other cell phones.

Hotspice screwed with this post 10-16-2009 at 07:20 AM
Old 12-15-2008, 12:27 PM   #81
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

Why they ride DVD Now available

Just arriving today, and in time for that last minute stocking stuffer, is Why They Ride: A Moto-Documentary .

Filmed at he infamous Dragon, on the Smoky Mountain's US129, this 90 minute video takes a look, not only at the Dragon, but interviews with fellow riders give a little insight into the passion behind the sport.

Motorcycle.com: "More than simply a road and more than just transportation, this film digs deeper to find the many reasons people have for sharing a common passion. Set to great music and full of interesting characters, Why They Ride would make an entertaining film for anyone who has motorcycling in their blood. Much like the act of motorcycling itself, Why They Ride is better experienced than explained."

Old 01-07-2009, 06:52 AM   #82
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

Ok, it may not be a biggie for most people but I FINALLY found a soure for PIAA Driving lights.

What brown did for me yesterday was delivery my first sets of PIAA lights.

First up is the PIAA 510 Super White Driving Lights . These are the more popular 35w=60w lights that work out great on electrically challenged bikes because each light only draws 35w.

Next up is the 1100x Platinum light kit. At about 3" in size these lights will fit a variety of bikes, both street and dirt and use PIAA's 55W=85W dichroic bulbs.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #83
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

Ok, maybe the wrong crowd for these but I just got in my first batch of Fender Extenders.

If you aren't familiar with them they (wait for it...) extend your front fender lower than the stock fenders to help protect your bike from stuff that gets kicked up by your front wheel. Installation is a breeze with the double back tape and screws provided in the kit.

Of interest here would probably be the R1200GS Fender Extender and the V-Strom Fender Extender.

Next week I should have the ones for the Versys and the 1150GS in as well as a few other models.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #84
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,129
Fender Extender for a KTM 950 ADV?

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:35 AM   #85
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog
Fender Extender for a KTM 950 ADV?
Nothing specifically for the ninefiddy. Looking at the fiche it's fender looks a lot like the 990 ADV (extender available) but they do have different KTM part numbers.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:15 AM   #86
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,129
...from what I understand they are slightly diff. some one mentioned the V-Strom may fit, no one has confirmed that tho...

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:55 AM   #87
munchmeister
Grow'd Up Mini Trail

Oddometer: 1,374
Hey Hot: Anybody making a similar pigtail for the Garmin powersource on the 276C/ 376C units, i.e., something short to connect into your powersource running from the battery or from your power outlet? Pulling the power plug in and out of my 376C is not only a bit difficult, I worry about the Garmin plug and have read a few stories of its failure. Jus' wondering. Might be a worthwhile item to stock since the 276C/ 376C units are so popular with the ADV crowd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotspice
If you are big-boned like me and hate to try and plug and unplug little things in tight spots the latest product might be just what you've been looking for.

This short (approx 6") MiniUSB Adapter for Garmin GPS is a short extension cord of sorts for the USB connector on your GPS.

This thing is perfect if you're tired of trying to plug and unplug your power or GXM30 antenna every time you put the GPS on your bike or take it off. Just plug this into your GPS and then plug your power cord or antenna into it. When it comes time to connect or disconnect the device you do it at the end of this cord, approximately 6" away from the GPS unit so you aren't dealing with tight quarters.

It can also be used on other devices you power with USB like MP3 players, Blackberry's and other cell phones.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:01 AM   #88
RoundTrip
Unintentional deerslayer

Oddometer: 1,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchmeister
Hey Hot: Anybody making a similar pigtail for the Garmin powersource on the 276C/ 376C units, i.e., something short to connect into your powersource running from the battery or from your power outlet? Pulling the power plug in and out of my 376C is not only a bit difficult, I worry about the Garmin plug and have read a few stories of its failure. Jus' wondering. Might be a worthwhile item to stock since the 276C/ 376C units are so popular with the ADV crowd.
+1 I'd buy one if they were available.

-jeff
Old 01-29-2009, 04:31 PM   #89
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundTrip
+1 I'd buy one if they were available.

-jeff
+1

Oh wait ..

I looked around for something like that for a while also since I run a 478 but I've always come up empty handed .

But, not minding a bit of tinkering in the garage, one of my winter projects is to wrap up a solution that I think is going to work for my needs.

My goal, eazy-peezy swap between my 478 and Zumo on my left handlebar.

What I'm going to do on the power side is take http://www.cyclenutz.com/products/el...n_ppc-010.html and trim it up to the length I need and, in the middle, put both sides of an SAE connector. Then, on my Zumo hardwire kit I'm going to put an SAE connector on a a short pigtail.

That SAE will plug into the SAE/Powerlet Plug half of the end of the kit I made from the 276 kit.

So, essentially I'll have a Powerlet-SAE that's plugged into my beak, a Zumo with a mini-usb-SAE pigtail, and a 478power-SAE pigtail. When I switch GPS's all I'll do is unplug the SAE connector and walk off with a GPS with a power pigtail.

Why can't Garmin make things simple for us?

Old 01-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #90
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog
...from what I understand they are slightly diff. some one mentioned the V-Strom may fit, no one has confirmed that tho...
RD, I can't verify that either. I did grab a V-strom one and measure it at the widest and deepest points that will go under the stock fender and came up with 5.15"w and 3" deep.

Couldn't find anything in OC when I looked either.

(pic was just one that I grabbed to show you my measurements and locations. It's not the actual extender I measured)