Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2009, 09:10 PM   #91
munchmeister
Grow'd Up Mini Trail

Oddometer: 1,366
I like this idea. Might just be what I need to do too. Lemme think about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotspice
+1

Oh wait ..

I looked around for something like that for a while also since I run a 478 but I've always come up empty handed .

But, not minding a bit of tinkering in the garage, one of my winter projects is to wrap up a solution that I think is going to work for my needs.

My goal, eazy-peezy swap between my 478 and Zumo on my left handlebar.

What I'm going to do on the power side is take http://www.cyclenutz.com/products/el...n_ppc-010.html and trim it up to the length I need and, in the middle, put both sides of an SAE connector. Then, on my Zumo hardwire kit I'm going to put an SAE connector on a a short pigtail.

That SAE will plug into the SAE/Powerlet Plug half of the end of the kit I made from the 276 kit.

So, essentially I'll have a Powerlet-SAE that's plugged into my beak, a Zumo with a mini-usb-SAE pigtail, and a 478power-SAE pigtail. When I switch GPS's all I'll do is unplug the SAE connector and walk off with a GPS with a power pigtail.

Why can't Garmin make things simple for us?
Old 02-02-2009, 05:50 AM   #92
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

Oddometer: 5,521
Well, brown dropped off a BIG box on friday and it had yet another addition to the inventory list in it.

This time it was the R1200GS specific MachineArt Moto Mudsling.

This rear wheel guard keeps mud, rocks, and whatever else you might kick up, away from your shocks and battery. A must have, especially if you've added a nice set of aftermarket shocks.

Note: If you have an 09 with ESA there will be a version for your bike coming out in April. The ones we have now will work but you'd have to cut the stock BMW Tool area drain spout.

Get a SmugMug account and use coupon code DwHE0pDRjpJfw to save yourself $5.
Hotspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 04:37 PM   #93
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

Today we finally received in the Fender Extenders for the Versys, the KTM ADV990, and more for the 1200GS.

Quote:
Ok, maybe the wrong crowd for these but I just got in my first batch of Fender Extenders.

If you aren't familiar with them they (wait for it...) extend your front fender lower than the stock fenders to help protect your bike from stuff that gets kicked up by your front wheel. Installation is a breeze with the double back tape and screws provided in the kit.

Of interest here would probably be the R1200GS Fender Extender and the V-Strom Fender Extender.

Next week I should have the ones for the Versys and the 1150GS in as well as a few other models.

Old 03-07-2009, 06:06 AM   #94
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

Quote:
Ok, maybe the wrong crowd for these but I just got in my first batch of Fender Extenders.

If you aren't familiar with them they (wait for it...) extend your front fender lower than the stock fenders to help protect your bike from stuff that gets kicked up by your front wheel. Installation is a breeze with the double back tape and screws provided in the kit.

Of interest here would probably be the R1200GS Fender Extender and the V-Strom Fender Extender.

Next week I should have the ones for the Versys and the 1150GS in as well as a few other models.

Well the Fender Extenders were a little more popular than I thought they would be so I added a few more models.

We've now got Fender Extenders for the F800GS and the Fender Extenders for the Triumph Tiger available.

If you have any other models you are interested in just let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:09 AM   #95
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,064
Question Fender extanda

I'm going to order for my R12GS...is there a coupon code for ADVRider discount?

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:58 AM   #96
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog
I'm going to order for my R12GS...is there a coupon code for ADVRider discount?
Butofcourse. Check out GB's thread .

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=431761

Old 03-07-2009, 08:17 AM   #97
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,064
Thumb

fenda ordered!

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #98
crazyhawk99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
Quote:
And again from the EzyMount corner we have a handy little gadget for wiring up to switched power.

The Plug N Play Parking Lamp Switched Power Interface is a connector that just plugs into the parking lamp of the 1200GS, you plug the bulb into it, and plug back into the headlight housing. Walla, you have a pigtail that you can wire right to a relay circuit to give you switched power without tapping into any of the bikes wiring.

This is already packaged in the R1200GS light bar kit to make the job easier.
I am waiting on delivery of my 09 GS and will be installing PIAA 510s when I get the bike. Can you confirm that this harness is included with the lightbar? I didn't see that in the description of the lightbar on your site. Also, can you tell me if the lightbar will fit an 09 with H&B tank bars? Thanks!
2009 R1200GS
2009 Buell 1125CR
2002 HD Heritage Springer
2004 ZX-10R
2003 SV650
1988 Sporty 883 (cafe project)

Next Bike:
Hmmmm....
crazyhawk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:50 PM   #99
ChiefPilot
Rather be flying, but....

Oddometer: 80
Do you carry the RAM Bracket for Garmin GXM-30 antenna that fits between GPS cradle and mount? I didn't see it in your web store .

I need to outfit my other bike for my Zumo and XM antenna. Plus other goodies!

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947
ChiefPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #100
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefPilot
Do you carry the RAM Bracket for Garmin GXM-30 antenna that fits between GPS cradle and mount? I didn't see it in your web store .

I need to outfit my other bike for my Zumo and XM antenna. Plus other goodies!
Techmount gear is on my 09 list of things to add but it won't be for a while.

So, thanks for checking if I do but unfortunately I don't have them now.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #101
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhawk99
I am waiting on delivery of my 09 GS and will be installing PIAA 510s when I get the bike. Can you confirm that this harness is included with the lightbar? I didn't see that in the description of the lightbar on your site. Also, can you tell me if the lightbar will fit an 09 with H&B tank bars? Thanks!
That harness is listed under the "options" part of the bar along with the factory fog relocation kit.

The lightbar mounts to the bike using the stock BMW tank bars. One of the attachment points is the center bolt hole for the stock light bar. I haven't looked at the HB's for this application but I'm guessing they don't have the same center mount hole that is needed.

Old 03-12-2009, 06:24 AM   #102
crazyhawk99
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
Quote:
That harness is listed under the "options" part of the bar along with the factory fog relocation kit.

The lightbar mounts to the bike using the stock BMW tank bars. One of the attachment points is the center bolt hole for the stock light bar. I haven't looked at the HB's for this application but I'm guessing they don't have the same center mount hole that is needed.
Darn! My search continues.

Thanks for the reply!
2009 R1200GS
2009 Buell 1125CR
2002 HD Heritage Springer
2004 ZX-10R
2003 SV650
1988 Sporty 883 (cafe project)

Next Bike:
Hmmmm....
crazyhawk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:31 PM   #103
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

Next up is a trifecta for your bikes battery.

First up is the Battery Booster Cable. It's cables are 6' long and have a male powerlet plug on both sides. This kit is intended to be used between two Powerlet Socket equiped bikes where one of them might have a battery that's a bit under the weather. Just plug the cable into both bikes and let the good bike give the bad battery enough of a charge to get running again. THESE ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE JUMPER CABLES since they use 14 gauge wire.

Now, if you REALLY want a set of Jumper cables you'll want to take a look at the new Mac-Daddy Motorcycle jumper cables. This kit is actually two pieces. The first 18" piece stays bolted to your battery and has a 2-pole connector with a waterproof cap. The second piece has the same 2-pole connector on one half and clips to attach to another vehicles battery on the other. Both pieces use 8 gauge wire and gives you 60" of cable.

And finally, if you're looking to add a couple accessories to you bike, don't want to turn the battery into a mess, and don't want to do a fuse block, they have come out with the Termin-8 power distribution kit.

The way it works is that you connect it to your battery and then connect the power and grounds for your accessory to the 4 connection terminals. Slide the protective boot back down over the connector and you're done. The unit is fused and can handle 30 amps.

Old 04-06-2009, 05:06 AM   #104
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

F650-F800GS Twins Light Bar Kit

By the end of this week I should have my first order in-house and be shipping the EzyMount lightbar for the F650GS - F800GS twins.

The kit is a 3 piece kit that doesn't require any drilling to be mounted. It bolts right up to your bike and includes all of the hardware you'll need. Well, except for the lights of course

So there you have it, we now have a light bar for you twin F'rs

Old 04-13-2009, 07:32 AM   #105
Hotspice OP
Satellites not acquired

Hepco Becker

Alrighty, this weeks addition is a biggie for me.

I'm happy to announce that the latest product line we have to offer our customers is the Hepco Becker product line.

As of now we've added the Hepco Becker Engine and Tank guards to the site and the plan is to start adding the bags in the near future.

If, in the mean time, you want to order any of the items offered in the 2009 Hepco & Becker Catalog, just drop me an email or PM and I'll get more information to you.

Cheers,
Tony