User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
K7NUT OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
The Snow melted in Oregon!

Well I wanted to see if the snow had melted enough to get up to Badger Lake,it's a really fun ride and you can camp and fish there. The Forest Service stockes it with Trout every year, so it's a gauranteed good time for all.

This is a great spot to over look the Badger Canyon and Mt. Hood in the distance.

A closer shot, but the tree is blocking Mt. Hood for now. Wait, there's more.

Later down the road I stoped for a picture of the change in road surface, it get's rougher from here, but it's not bad. A few weeks ago I could not get this far because of the snow.

Hey, look at this, I made it to the Y and last leg of the journey.

This way, stay to the right!

Oh no! SNOW! Should I turn back!?
NO! I plunge forth.

More obsticles tring to stop me from getting there, but it's not going to work!

Here's the last mile, down hill on a road carved out of a cliff, but it's harmless.

This is looking back up the road from where we just came from. I took some shots of the view, but the trees blocked the hills more in pictures than in real life(if you can believe it) so I left them off.

I made it to the bottom of the road and entered the camping area first.

Another sign showing which way I want to go. Let's see the lake!

Oh wait, a grutitus shot of the rider at the lake front. You know, some small tripod would be handy when your ridding alone.

The out let for the Lake,i.e. Badger Creek...

Panning around...

and around...

and around...

And last, the S. dike.

On the way back I took the Y to the Left and tryed that way home, I got some great views. This is Boulder Canyon...

Panning West, I guess the smaller pictures you can't see Three Sisters but you can make out Mt. Jefferson.

Keep Panning...

Around the corner there was a great shot of Mt. Hood.

I got to the bottom of the hill to a camp ground, at least I think it's a campground and around the corner and...
I think I will be turning back and going out the way I came in!

On the way back, I stopped at a great spot to view Boulder Canyon, Mt. Jefferson and Mt. Hood.

Well, that's a wrap for this trip, I hope next time I won't be going alone, because it sure is a fun ride and there's so many diffrent ways to go and things to see. If any one gets a chance to ride out here in the Mt. Hood National Forest, this is only one of the fun rides that are close to campground's in my area or, just camp out there!
Until next ride
'00 Kawasaki Voyager XII
K7NUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:25 PM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,049
Beautiful area to do a D-S ride!! Thanks for the great pics and report
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 06:37 PM   #3
Indian-woodsman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 930
Living here on the gulf coast it is flat flat flat. Did i mention it is flat down here?
Thanks for the pics, it is so cool to get these riding reports and marvel at the scenery.
Indian-woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 09:27 PM   #4
K7NUT OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Flat ,Flat,Flat

Gadget, Thanks, there's alot of terrain to explore here, I just have to remember my camera!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian-woodsman
Living here on the gulf coast it is flat flat flat. Did i mention it is flat down here?
Thanks for the pics, it is so cool to get these riding reports and marvel at the scenery.
Indian, I know about flat, I drove from Oregon to Dallas,TX.(through West Texas). I think that was the place God forgot about, or so it seemed. I sometimes take this for granted, seeing how I was raised here and all, but I do love the rides and views it gives! Days like these remind me of how good I have it here. And don't get me wrong, I was traveling from Dallas,TX through the south to San Dee-ago, up to the Grand Canyon and on up to Oregon over the Thanksgiving Holiday. There were plenty of places I wanted to park the Cummin's truck and unload the KLR, wait, I didn't have it with me, DAMN!
It is beautiful here, thanks for the reply, I just like to ride and wanted to share with everyone.
'00 Kawasaki Voyager XII
K7NUT is offline   Reply With Quote