Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2015, 06:00 AM   #1
stollenvernichter OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Monti e Mare 2014, a short trip through Piemont and Korsica

Monti e Mare 2014 Part 1

In an old box with a silver button, or so, I noticed some old slides, for the new generation: analog overlay images, shown by light projection in so-called slideshow evenings, sometimes people died by boredom,

or

According to a Cologne rock band “a long time ago”. with a bit of pondering the latest slide is likely to be about 20 years old, terrifying, but a good reason to visit the location again. A small island called Corsica in the mare nostrum, as the great Latriner says.

Plate tectonics has added some distortions, so-called monti, through my way to Corsica., but the KTM is ready, the fork was overhauled and the drive unit get fresh oil, this should be no problem.

Theoretically, I reach the Mediterranean Sea in two day's stage, but where would be the fun in that? So I route over the Vosges and the French Jura, then push forward at Annecy in the Alps and gravel at the end through the Piemont, a lot of monti.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-005 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

I am moving again in the French-speaking world. Since Morocco my French is a bit rusty, no matter in Corsica it can be advantageous to be recognized as a non-Frenchman.

Allez

La 1ème jour Cologne - La Hoube

As always, no great description of the trip or images through the Eifel, through the Saarland and the Vosges. I know it pretty well , maybe someday followed a Best of my living room. In the Vosges I hold myself more to the west and in La Hoube I treat myself to a hotel with a matching name.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-010 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Always nice, the overlook. Rocher du Dabo

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-011 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

La 2ème jour Hoube - Labergement Sainte Marie

The next morning a logging truck and the authorities in the form of a road block stand in my way. But a detour in the Vosges is never really bad, just the time account is overused. I take the streets west of Route de Cretes, a dream route and a must for any Vosges newbie.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-012 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

and meet the inevitable witnesses of unfriendly times in the area.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-013 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-014 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

The course is uniquely enjoyable today.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-017 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

The environment becomes flatter and almost imperceptibly, I am already in the Jura, with deeply incised gorges and water falls from the rocks.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-019 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Time to look for a place to sleep.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-021 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

The local campsite offered fluffy meadows, but in September even less fluffy sleeping temperatures.

3ème jour Labergement Sainte Marie - Susa

The French Jura makes clear fun and offers a few deep insights

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-022 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

but above Annecy is bent towards the east

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-023 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

to the real monte, including Mont Blanc, clearly visible at the Col des Aravis

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-024 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

the Lac de Roselend

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-025 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

past the ice giants

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-026 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

and at the entrance to Col de l'Iseran, the Route de Grand Alp is striped.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-027 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-028 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

in France there is no public road that get`s much higher

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-031 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

and beautiful descent to go down…...

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-032 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

In Lansbourg I went in the direction to bella Italia, but the weather is not very bella. But no need to avoid the western route round Lac du Mont Cenis.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-033 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

what is appropriate to the species

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-034 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Driveway to Forte Varisello

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-035 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Old road, new road at Lac du Mont Cenis

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-037 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

On the descent direction Susa, road art near Lago di Roterel

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-039 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Just arrived in time in Susa, checked in the Hotel Stazione. Food was good, room for 60 EUR, not so good.

stollenvernichter screwed with this post 01-05-2015 at 10:11 AM
stollenvernichter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:04 AM   #2
stollenvernichter OP
Adventurer

Monti e Mare 2014 Part 2

4th giorno Susa - Rifugio Don Barbera

My ambitious plan was to reach the Mediterranean in a day, but as the end point reveals fulfillment of the plan was narrowly missed. What is not surprising, for a similar route need motorless Alps troublemakers eight dayshttp://www.offroad-only.de/WestalpenX2007.htm

In addition, the knobby tires should get to bite as much gravel as it get`s.

The gravel is not far away, uphill to the Colle delle Finestra
KTM Monti e Mare 2014-041 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-042 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Apparently, a few German-speaking colleagues noticed uncomfortable again. The sign can be found in Piemont sadly often. Translation: Offroad pigs go home.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-043 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

The Assietta road leads in the wrong direction, not this time. More picture Assietta and the alps https://www.flickr.com/photos/stolle...7631707427514/

KTM_Dolo_Assietta_2012_061 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

On departure from Finestra I take a nondescript gravel branch towards the east, the road leads above the Fort Fenestrelle, who was not there yet, definitely worth a visit, the Chisone valley. A small asphalt stage to Perosa Argentina follows and who does not know the entrance to Colle Azzara, will also drive around it. A just a car wide road winds up the mountain through sleepy hamlet and soon loses the asphalt surface.

at Colle Azzara
KTM Monti e Mare 2014-045 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Departure from Colle Azzara

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-046 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

In Torre Pellice the asphalt get`s us, but leaves us soon at the driveway to the Colle della Vaccera.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-047 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

At the Colle della Vaccera

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-047a by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

In Sanfront the entrance to the Colle del Gilba is sought and found. The route has some challenging switchbacks,

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-048 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

but soon relaxed again

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-049 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Top of the pass, expect nothing but aweary traveler

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-051 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

choose the right branch to the Colle del Prete.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-052 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

The Varaita valley receives me with bleak prospects,

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-053 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

which doesn`t get better in Sampeyre. There, the travel companions and his driver can perform the necessary energy reserves.It waits the fine driveway to Sampeyre pass, which is rewarded with a view of Elva and the lonely mountains between Varaita, Maira and Stura valley.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-054 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

and the descent into the valley Elva is an adventure again and again.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-056 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Briefly, the Maira valley is crossed, and then went up to Maira Stura ridge road through the Val Preit and the pass of the same name.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-057 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-058 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

However, ridge road is not quite right, the track runs along the mountain rather boiler, but up here is always impressive and it might be a little sunnier.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-059 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-060 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

On the sunny side http://www.offroad-only.de/Enduro_Al...aira_Stura.htm

As a conclusion we travel through the valley to Arma Demonte in the Stura valley

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-061 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

A small look at the map reveals that one does not necessarily go towards Borgo after Tenda, but via the pass Madonna del Colleto

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-062 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

the flags are not for me but for a car rallye. And who branches in fraz. Bandito, will be rewarded with delicious gravel before turning on the main road to Tenda Pass. Before the Tenda tunnel a long queue has formed, no problem, easy turn sharp left over and along the waiting motorbikes right again on the old pass road.

At the Col de Tende is already signaled that's the Ligurian border ridge road closed due to construction work. But it is just before 19:00 clock, I guess, above no longer works there and drive around the barrier. No construction site is in sight and the track is good to ride up to the actual entrances.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-064 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

In the further course are no problems, but you realize that defused the track properly and they will be expanded as "Rescue road".
KTM Monti e Mare 2014-065 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

After the Col del Boaria

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-066 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

the track was also released diligently from coarse gravel. Shortly after that, a landslide must be trialed over and then I saw it, at 19:00 clock a dredged excavator was working.. Things changed in Italy. But the friendly driver let me pass and so I ente just in time the Refugio Don Barbera.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-067 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

The Refugio closes in a few days, so a place to sleep is not a problem and is run by young Italians. I'm not the only guest, a few german mtb alpine crosser arrived just before me and a young woman who has taken a six-month sabbatical to hike the Alps from Slovenia to the Piemont in three month , respect. The evening is saved and soon unnecessary wine inventories are destroyed and informal conversations starts.

5th giorno Rifugio Don Barbera - Vado Ligure

In the old Italian tradition, breakfast drops significantly over dinner, but for the author, see left, this is relatively unimportant, because the work is done by KTM, the bikers on the right see it a little different.
KTM Monti e Mare 2014-068 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

I'm in not in hurry today, the depature of the ferry is in the evening, so I can enjoy the way to the sea.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-071 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-074 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-076 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Sometimes you can find practical accessory while strolling around, for example, about 3 m finest wire.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-077 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

At Monte Saccarello still a little break

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-078 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Plenty of views, but for lack of border security should not enjoy while riding.
KTM Monti e Mare 2014-079 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

I leave the ridge road towards the east

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-081 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

and the way to the sea still provides plenty of small streets. Section could resort to the Alta Via Monti Ligure, but with a loaded a 690 is not necessarily appropriate.

Again a typical Italian motorcycle experience. At the gas station a Land Rover stops behind me, a bearded Italian gets out, talking to me, examined my bike, bella macchina asks where I go, where I from. My answer, I'm from Colonia and travelling by bike, let him laugh and I should not make fun of him, my bus would park around the corner, wishing me a good trip and drive away.

I let Garmin compute the path, what an amazing way and unexpected fun.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-082 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Even Trails offers the City Navigator. Well, I have seen none of the local enduro riders; what does the German lunatic with his star cruiser on our special test..

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-083 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Just above Vado Ligure the forest spits me out. The rest of the day I spend with food intake, beach and buying a ferry ticket to Corsica. With a little help from my friend Moretti, time was not too long until the departure of the ferry.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-087 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

stollenvernichter screwed with this post 01-05-2015 at 06:22 AM
Old 01-05-2015, 06:06 AM   #3
stollenvernichter OP
Adventurer

Monti e Mare 2014 Part 3

6ème jour Vado Ligure - Camping U Paradisu

With about 2 hour delay I left the Ligurian coast to Corsica. Unfortunately not with the fast ferry,

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-085 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

but with a slightly older ferry but with fair lighting. There are no recliner, but almost only cabins and a few benches in the side panels. I placed myself to sleep in the front bar, the accounts shut off the light at 24:00 clock, good, A group of Swiss people remain in the drinkable dark, bad. At 6:00 clock in the morning high quality Italian disco musik wakes me up. Yawn, wo hours to Corsica, but the "extensive" breakfast will indeed be sold.

Bastia harbour

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-088 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Although I'm not the coffee drinker, but in Bastia, I treat myself to a Corsican breakfast, but there is no large different to a French one, bad luck The sun struggles out of the morning mist and I garmine towards Cape Corse, the small northeastern appendix of Corsica.

This route planning was not mine, a few tracks from the net and my 20 years fresh memories should be enough to have fun in Corsica. Not so good, I left two days on the road to it.. Doesn`t matter, long coast, sea, sun and very little traffic. On the way, I notice this world famous Corsican case wall.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-090 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Travel Joyous Corsican or someone is missing his bags at the airport of Bastia?

That gets quite nice
KTM Monti e Mare 2014-091 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

unfortunately, near the end of the gravel road, a pickup stand in my way in the way and the associated Hunter was probably somewhere in the bush and chased a couple sanglier, retreat.

Criss-crossed the north of the cape, even on gravel,

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-094 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

or from coast to coast, what the D 35 is in this case, a dream in asphalt, narrow, winding and no oncoming traffic. The photo not justified the fun, maybe I should buy a helmet camera again.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-095 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

and back again.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-096 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

The planned track disappeared into the clouds and ended in a narrow trail, all alone or with the 690 I prefer not to follow, not all come down.

Some old viewpoints I could still remember figuratively, not only technically on the street.

Basically Corsica could be the wet dream of any sign maker if it were warned of each curve, but it does not.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-097 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

The church clock strikes just before five, unfortunately for a visit to the black beach of Nonza there is no time, but is recommended if you are not afraid to asbestos.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-099 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

In St. Florent I purchased the most essential, because the targeted campsite is located in the Desert of Agriates and there is a reason they called it desert.

A few kilometers behind St.Florent an unremarkable gravel road turn right track, not recommended for normal vehicles. And even the two Italians did not seem too happy on their big GS, as I have overtaken them.

The road had changed only slightly over the years.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-103 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

The track still ends on one of the finest beaches in Corsica.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-100 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

What has changed, now there is a campsite near the beach.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-102 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Located in the middle of nowhere, it offers everything the common off-roader could need including restaurant. Only the pool is missing, but the beach is only 5 minutes away.

Cheerfully I saddle up and want to set the Dachshund garage. However, the old Dachshund has made a fundamental mistake and forgot the principle; never use the enclosed original pegs. What on soft meadows still performed their service, the perfomance on the Corsican rocky, parched ground is bad. What to do? Behind the wall I spot a piece of meadow, which promises loose soil. And lo and behold, there stand the tent. Now the old hippie comes over, who had watching my action. He enlightens me kindly, that there is a reason for the span joyful meadow, the overflow tank for the kitchen wastewater is located there. I should not be surprised about the strange odor.

The darkness comes slowly, I decide to ignore the odor disadvantages and prefer to decontaminate myself. The evening I spend with pizza, Corsican wine and Italian / English gibberish with the two Italian GS drivers.

7ème jour Camping U Paradisu - Corte

Apparently, in the desert more value is placed on a good breakfast and so a good basis for the planned course of the day. It is a crossing of the Balange, a little gravel back to street, the rest of the travel will be asphalt..

Through smallest mountain roads, villages, churches and new tourist information

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-104 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-105 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

the way leads on not-so-new bridges

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-106 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

older churches with dubious roofs,

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-107 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

green indoors

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-108 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

and still in use cemeteries

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-109 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

A road was planned, but unfortunately the digital data could not withstand the reality check and so the time was beaten to death with a little trip to Haute Corse, is a dead end, quite nice to drive,

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-112 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

but the end point has not necessarily the best views.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-113 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Corsica has often been spoiled for choice,

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-114 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

but as the daylight slowly passed, I went on the shortest path to Corte. At an intersection a group of flics desperately waving me in the wrong direction, and I knew why, two rallye Yamaha drive against the opposite direction. Was tempting, but I decided it for the campsite in Corte.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-115 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

The first impression is not the best,

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-117 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

but the city in the middle of Corsica houses a university and is generally well adjusted to tourists, so there is no lack of opportunity to cater well or end your evening with Corsican or other sounds.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-119 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr
Old 01-05-2015, 06:09 AM   #4
stollenvernichter OP
Adventurer

Monti e Mare 2014 Part 4

8ème jour Corte - Zonza

In Corte

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-121 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

20 years ago

branches the Restonica valley, which is about 10 km long and one of the most beautiful valleys, but also very crowded.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-122 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-123 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

not changed much over the years

At the valley end there is a payment requiring parking. Who has time and the necessary footwear, you should definitely walk at least until the Melo lake, better yet up to the two higher altitude lakes, very beautiful mountain panorama.

But I go south, experience the first jam in the mountains of Corsica, a circus moves 15 fat semis, not ideal on the island of curves. But this time the flics waving me in the right direction, merci.

Mountainous it goes on

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-124 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

unfortunately a barrier and a clear indication of the Non-drivability stopped the planned route and on the alternative route are large and small obstacles.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-125 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

On Tolla lake it also does not go as planned,

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-126 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

but at least on the way to the most beautiful slopes in Corsica there are no obstacles, ok, almost none.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-127 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

The Plateau du Cuscionu is a pasture area, the GR 20 crossed and for that reasons rally pace should be abandoned and stay on the main road. Let the pictures speak.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-128 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-131 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-132 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-138 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-140 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

If you leave the Shire, Quenza is achieved, overlooking the Bavella massif

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-142 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

20 years ago, the area looked no different, beside the driver

The campsite near Zonza

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-143 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

After the shower, it dawned pretty fast, so there was a limited dinner.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-144 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

9ème jour Zonza – Calvi

The next morning, the missed fun yesterday will be rescheduled.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-145 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-146 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

to Bavella pass by gravel.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-147 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Did I mention that it was plenty full of people? A SUV from Garmisch stands in the middle of the road,........... .. ............... .. to photograph a cow. I can understand that, there is a great lack of cows in Bavaria. Otherwise going downhill from Bavella is a blast..

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-149 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Shortly before reaching the coast, I swing to the northwest, off to the mountains and discover something unusual, a straight line

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-150 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

and a good reason to get no contact with the typical rustic road boundary as possible.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-151 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

The crossing was excellent

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-154 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-155 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

even offered some gravel.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-156 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

In Corte I bend to Porto still took a couple of old gorges

on the Col de Vergio

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-157 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

past the Spelunca gorge, beautiful walk by the way,

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-158 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

to the Gulf of Porto

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-159 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

and the Calanche direction Calvi, one of the most beautiful stretches of coastline in the world, especially in low traffic in the late afternoon.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-160 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-161 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-162 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

Calvi camping search is done quickly, the tent problem has been solved thanks to an existing nail and the new 690 peg.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-163 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

The weather forecast did not look so pleasant and so I decided to take tomorrow the ferry from Bastia to Livorno/Toscany.

10-12. giorno Calvi – Monterotondo
From Calvi to Bastia it is only a KTM jump, so I could take my time, the first view

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-164 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

and enjoy the second view of Cap Corse at breakfast

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-165 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

There was even time for a hearty crawl the Mare Nostrum. The KTM was a good reason to talk with a German tourist couple, he also drove motorcycle, was often in Corsica, but without bike, and my answers let his eyes sparkle. The eyes of the wife sparkled too, but I'd bet for other reasons.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-166 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

And again, I must mention that it was full, even when embarking in Bastia, oh yes, it was warm too. And even the first clouds showed,

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-167 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

but can not stop the determined it does not take 20 years for me to see Corsica once again.

A few hours later, the Apuan Alps come into view, with plenty of low-hanging clouds that have already been raining.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-168 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

The Port of Livorno has seen better times

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-171 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

and so I. There is only one exit lane available, the bikes are on the top deck, which was very hot. After an hour I finally ride Italian soil. There are about 100 km to my home in Tuscany, the sun goes down in an hour hour, the KTM gets full tank and I have photochromic lenses in the glasses, go for it.

How I expected the last miles where covered in the deepest Tuscany darkness, but I know every curve and straight line. I'm lucky not mauled by one of the guard dogs on my arrival.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-176 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

The next two days are finally holiday , which was a bit rainy, unfortunately, but there were lighter moments.

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-172 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

13. giorno Monterotondo – Lago di Comabbio

There was no more space in the Car Train from Alessandria to Dusseldorf, so my own axis are announced. The first few miles are playing at home, along the Apuan Alps is duty, the Apennines are fun, the Po planes are like the name. (Po means in german butt)

The Campningplatz La Madunina on Lake Comabbio is idyllic,

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-177 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

but this can be deceptive on a Saturday night, when the open air disco opens at 22 clock, with the best of '80s Euro Disco, electronic dance music ala Scooter and House versions of Adele, have fun. Never was a tablet pc so valuable.

14. giorno Lago di Comabbio – Bruchsal

Sunday traffic on Lake Maggiore, plenty of villas, Ferraries and beautiful panorami. At least I can delete the Simplon Pass from my list

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-178 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

the Grimsel Pass

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-181 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

KTM Monti e Mare 2014-183 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

In Switzerland, apparently everything with wheels is on the road, according to the traversal from Lake Thun
KTM Monti e Mare 2014-184 by stollenvernichter, on Flickr

the swiss crossing wasn’t so much fun.. At the German border highway is announced, but near Bruchsal I have no desire to drive 3 more hours dark autobahn.. Mr. Garmin steers me to Brauhaus Wallhall, a good choice and a tasty conclusion of the holiday.

15. Tag Bruchsal - Bonn

Definitely my longest way to work, but the optimal vacation ending.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:36 AM   #5
TropicalDale
Lonely Rider

Oddometer: 83
Thanks for posting
Beautiful photos
TropicalDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 05:41 PM   #6
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 56,857
Gorgeous ride, report and pics! Thanks for giving us a glimpse into riding in Corsica, which looks like le paradis des motos!
Old 01-05-2015, 05:54 PM   #7
Oaters
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 683
fantastic pictures, beautiful scenery, a real adventure - thanks for taking the trouble to compile and post your report - quite envious of your trip / machine for the job - looks like you've previously owned a DR350 - had one myself
Oaters is offline   Reply With Quote