Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2008, 10:01 AM   #766
lordmaciek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyprys
ok, i have done few trips in my life myself but you are my gurus!hope to have a chance to ride with you one day. We should arrange this Panamericana Maciek!!
Hi Marcin, movie send; the transamerica trail is a must; finish your report !!!!

mac
MotoEnduro.PL / MotoSyberia.com / DVD.MotoSyberia.com / MotoEnduro.pl/Vietnam / MotoAfryka.com/2005 / MotoAfryka.com/2000 / MotoKarpaty / MotoMongolia / MotoGeorgia
My AdvRider RR: MotoSyberia, MotoVietnam, MotoKarpaty
lordmaciek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 12:55 PM   #767
ERIC DN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 416
Dzien dobry Maciek

I wanted to do it since long time, finaly it's done, I've just ordered your DVD

I hope your shoulder is going better.

I'm waiting the DVD,

Regarding the tee shirts, do you plan to have some ??

Eric
ERIC DN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 02:55 PM   #768
Safran
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
After reading all that posts finally found something related to me :-). So here comes my first post . I am sure there will be more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero84
While all pics are great, especially the last (from the film camera) are amazing. Those colours!
Thanks dude!

Quote:
What filters did safran use? Which film? I had a hard time in Skandinavia getting any colour on film, I was using fuji superia and velvia 100 (which I love for itheir sharpness and extremely small grain).
Norway was not so much an issue, but especially in the swedish inland I could also have taken black and white pictures (which I ended up doing, eventually).
A polarizing filter helped a bit, but nonetheless one would have expected more...
I guess its not because I am the great photographer.
I had 20 Velvia100, and 10 Provia400. With Velvia you've got better colours (no surprise). I used polar filter all the time, mainly because when riding on a bike I am to lazy to take off the gloves, remove filter, put it in some clean place, bla bla bla. (also note that Mirek and Maciek ride quite fast, its almost impossible to catch them after 5 minutes break).
I use Nikon F80 - in most cases automatic exposure. Its really good camera - very predictable, so I know when to swith manual. I had also some standard lens (nikkor 28-105/3.5-4.5 for about 300$ - the used one) with Hoya CIR polar. Everything normal.
Maybe you had not properly scanned those slides? Do they also look sad on projector?

Quote:
Secondly, the lighting. Foreground as well as the mountains in the far background in all your pictures well lit. I tend to have the background underexposed, when relieing on the camera's indicator, and have seen the same effect with many other photographers too, even professionals.

I'd be higly grateful if the photographer shared his secrets with me.
This are main reasons (I my opinion of course):
- I tried to take most photos during late day, when sun is not high and you can have nice light on subjects and no necessary shade.
- The sun (and light it gives) in Scandinavia is not the same as in Mongolia for example - the reason is simply latitude.
- Sky clearness is also different, I believe. In Far East it was a bit worse - and it was not the lack of light in background, but some kind of mist. I guess it comes from the light reflection (because of the latitude).

When it comes to slides - on my recent trip to China I tried Kodak Ektachrome E100 VS - pretty decent, who knows if thats not better than Veliva 100 or even 50 for me.

Anyway, I think its time to swith to digital...
Safran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 12:04 PM   #769
aero84
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
There are two things preventing me from going digital:

- all DSLR cameras I had in my fingers were a pain to use manually. I am way faster with my analogue, as this is just turning rings to focus, set aperture and timing. On for example the Canon EOS I was given by my employer on a mission I had to scroll down menues in the display.
But recently, someone showed my his new Nikon D something, there you chose mode and then change either aperture or time by a small weel.
Now this is something I might get used to.

- I routinely use an Asahi Pentax Spotmatic F, and I have a fair share of SMC-Takumar lenses. If it needs to be impressive, I still have a pentax 6x7.
Replacing this equipment by a digital eqivalent will end up with investments of several thousand Euros (as most kit lenses tend to be severely inferior to the antique fixed lenses I happen to own, so you just buy the body for a resonable amount of money and then end up spending a hell lot more for some decent lenses.
And I find this money be better invested in the vehicles.

-----------

Thanks a lot or your advice.
I think it is not only latitude, as I will get colour in Norway but not inside sweden.
I found the sky to be completely different: In Norway, I had distinctive clouds. In Sweden, I had not. Either absolute no clouds an uninterrupted light blue sky, or the sky was completely overshadowed and grey.
So this is probably the reason. But I am still looking for a way to get it right even under adverse conditions.
aero84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #770
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,110
Quote:
- all DSLR cameras I had in my fingers were a pain to use manually. I am way faster with my analogue, as this is just turning rings to focus, set aperture and timing. On for example the Canon EOS I was given by my employer on a mission I had to scroll down menues in the display.
Usually only a problem on the 350, 400, 450 series Canons.
The 1, 10, 20, 30, 40d range have wheels for aperture/shutter etc and rely less on the menus.

But just for the "It's a bit dark, I think I'll up the ISO from 100 to 1600 - click" they're worth it
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 03:32 PM   #771
Safran
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy
But just for the "It's a bit dark, I think I'll up the ISO from 100 to 1600 - click" they're worth it
Yes! Thats one of the biggest advantages. Unless you carry two bodies, one with low iso film, second with something around 400-800. But can one have so much free place on their bike???

Analog cameras are also stronger - its not hard to spoil digital one on sand or by shock (unless you have some expensive one, designed for such a conditions).

aero84 - If I had some medium format camera with equipment I wouldn't think about digital. But when it comes to small format, its just a matter of 1-2 years I could afford good digital camera with standard matrix. I hope.
Safran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:54 PM   #772
worldrider
Adventure & Discovery

Oddometer: 1,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordieBoy
Usually only a problem on the 350, 400, 450 series Canons.
The 1, 10, 20, 30, 40d range have wheels for aperture/shutter etc and rely less on the menus.
Yeah. It's just a matter of "getting over it" from analog. The 20D and I assume others have two wheels that control things such as aperture, shutter speed and even the auto focus zones are fairly easy to change with a rocker style switch... i hear the 40D now offers the ability to view SLR style through the LCD on back thereby bypassing the viewfinder... gotta get home and try one out I guess...

good luck!

'05 F650GS Dakar

My WorldRider Journey ADVrider Thread
worldrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:54 PM   #773
NordieBoy
Armature speller

Oddometer: 7,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by worldrider
Yeah. It's just a matter of "getting over it" from analog. The 20D and I assume others have two wheels that control things such as aperture, shutter speed and even the auto focus zones are fairly easy to change with a rocker style switch... i hear the 40D now offers the ability to view SLR style through the LCD on back thereby bypassing the viewfinder... gotta get home and try one out I guess...

good luck!
And the 40D is weather sealed...
NordieBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 03:20 PM   #774
ERIC DN
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 416
Dzien dobry

DVD arrived this morning, already watched, woawww

Eric
ERIC DN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #775
benzine
adv

Oddometer: 188
Yo guys, very cool ride
Where can i order the dvd and what does it cost?
Please sent me a PM

Cheers
Koen
benzine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #776
sc-razor
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,746
Ordered my DVD. Looking forward to watching it. Looks like quite a trip!

Steve
sc-razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:38 AM   #777
NORRLAND
No Limits

Oddometer: 909
Motosyberia Dvd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORRLAND
I love that trailer it makes me happy
Now i has to wait for the Dvd i ordered from you
I said it before and i say it again it had be an pleasure to do that adventure with you guys
thanks and cheers

/ Niklas

here is one of my home made Dvd but sorry in low quality,
i think i in next one i got to put some more action
here is a link to download : https://lagring.storegate.se/user/sh...d-da3957299c6b
Absolutly Fantastic Video And Adventure

This is the video i always wanted to see, I have wait for a thing like this for many years, Itīs all great great, the nature scenery, the people you met and stay with, some party, great riding and the happines when you arrive to the places you always wanted to see and the dreams comes true, perfect music choise and professional video work and some crazy things, I think one of my favourite part is when the russian man explains to you that itīs not impossible to cross the river with the bikes and tou say to the russian man But we are sportsmen, should we show them Mirek, I like Like that so much,

Thanks a lot for a outstanding exiting video, Itīs All Great You are alone with a video like this The MOTOSYBERIA DVD

Thanks and Cheers

/ Niklas in north Sweden

NORRLAND screwed with this post 07-15-2008 at 03:48 AM
NORRLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:02 AM   #778
lordmaciek OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORRLAND
Absolutly Fantastic Video And Adventure

This is the video i always wanted to see, I have wait for a thing like this for many years, Itīs all great great, the nature scenery, the people you met and stay with, some party, great riding and the happines when you arrive to the places you always wanted to see and the dreams comes true, perfect music choise and professional video work and some crazy things, I think one of my favourite part is when the russian man explains to you that itīs not impossible to cross the river with the bikes and tou say to the russian man But we are sportsmen, should we show them Mirek, I like Like that so much,

Thanks a lot for a outstanding exiting video, Itīs All Great You are alone with a video like this The MOTOSYBERIA DVD

Thanks and Cheers

/ Niklas in north Sweden
Yupeeee! Very happpppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Thx thx thx thx thx!

mac
MotoEnduro.PL / MotoSyberia.com / DVD.MotoSyberia.com / MotoEnduro.pl/Vietnam / MotoAfryka.com/2005 / MotoAfryka.com/2000 / MotoKarpaty / MotoMongolia / MotoGeorgia
My AdvRider RR: MotoSyberia, MotoVietnam, MotoKarpaty
lordmaciek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:03 PM   #779
Deuce
Crazy Canuck

Oddometer: 2,736
Thumb Great DVD

I watched it last night. What an awesome ride. I laughed at the 'Long Way Round' part The music was great too. I love hearing music from different cultures.

Thanks Maciek
Old 07-26-2008, 09:07 AM   #780
Tappet
Feral

Oddometer: 1,451
My tits

Jagshermash

I know the T-shirt compo is over but I just wanted to show you the pic of my puppies. This photo was taken on the last day of my UK to South Africa ride on a 640 Adv. I wore the shirt on my first and last day. Respect to Mac and Gang.

Tappet is offline   Reply With Quote