User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2008, 07:16 PM   #1
GSjoyride OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 276
Autocom on a 07 BMW F650GS?

Anyone got this unit to work clearly on their F650? I get interference on my GPS & MP3 player, and Kenwood freetalk.

A few times lately it's come through with a loud squelching sound that only went away if I reduced my speed to a stop (leaving the bike running). The rest of the time it sounds like engine noise, alternator noise, frickin' rapid machine gun sounding. What next and for the price I paid???

Very frustrated..............
GSjoyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
stuckinmud
all the time.

Oddometer: 313
First question. Is the noise coming in through the power or is it airborn? If you haven't already, run your audio devices off standalone batteries to isolate where the noise is coming from.

I just picked up a Dakar and have yet to connect up my Autocom. So I'll be interested in this and would like to help.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:31 AM   #3
JDLuke
Ravening for delight

Oddometer: 8,644
I have an Autocom mounted on my 2001 F650GS. It's mounted under the seat and ordinarily I get no interference. However, I have found that I CAN get engine-speed-related interference if I let a live GPS lead wire hang down close to the electronics box up near the front, or if it runs along the top of the right side of the faux tank.

I guess what I'm suggesting is that you play with your cable routing a bit to try and find a good location for them that minimizes noise.
JDLuke is offline   Reply With Quote