User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2007, 05:13 AM   #1
SteveRed OP
Adventure Mojo

Oddometer: 2,681
Wisemans to Bilpin 14 July

The ride started out as it does.. An idea, a post put up by Bronx from Newcastle a couple of hours North of Sydney. It was to be a Watagans/Yengo National Park ride but recent storms had washed parts of the track Bronx had wanted to take out.

So our ride simply had a change in direction. A start at a central meeting point being Webb Creek just off Wisemans ferry, an hour North of Sydney. Most of the bunch of guys who were turning up did not know more than one or two other ADV riders up for the day. It is always great to meet each other and I'm always pleasantly surprised how quick the ADV bunch are ready to help each other when the going gets rough.

We met across the West bank of the river on the Webb Creek Ferry...

Some of the b ig guns were out for the day... We rode a GS1200ADV, 2 x KTM950 Super Enduro's, a HP2, a GS1200, a DR650 and an XR650R.

http://www.adventuremoto.com.au
Your ride.. Your adventure!

SteveRed screwed with this post 07-16-2007 at 03:35 AM
SteveRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:43 AM   #2
SteveRed OP
Adventure Mojo

Our track was up the Bicentenial, onto the Whellbarrow Ridge Track to Putty Rd, down the Upper Colo heights Rd and then the Mnt Lagoon Rd to Bilpin.

Even the BIG PIG behaved herself very well amongst all the ruts and rocks

The track was sandy and wet in places but damage from the storms in the past couple of weeks wasn't too bad at this point!

Old 07-15-2007, 06:18 AM   #3
SteveRed OP
Adventure Mojo

The track hits the tar for a run up to our lunch spot... THe APPLE BAR at Bilpin. Great pizza and amazing potatoes Good for a chat, some bullshit and if you feel up to it a beer..

Here we said goodbye to Sylvia and our friend on the GS1200. The rest of us decided to take on some fuel and head down the "closed" track to Mnt irvine and Mnt Wilson.

It was here that Bronx hit the wooden bridge on the wrong angle and got tired and lay the KTM down for a wee nap!

From the bottom of the gorge, it was an equally as interesting ride up to Mnt Irvine with spectacular views to the sandstone escarpments. A little break on the track before we sallied forth!

It was all hands on bikes as we man handled the big pigs under this fallen tree...

KTMRob looks on bemused but lamenting the loss of his own KTM. For once being on the smallest bike of the ride had an upside

By this time of the day, I lost interest in taking photo's

But we rode the twisties out to Bells line of road and back East towards Sydney. We turned off onto Pattersons/Petersons?? Fire trail at Bilpin and rode some more dirt to Kurrajong Heights. This was quite a sandy fire trail and got pretty steep but a hoot to ride on the Big Pig. It was fuel up at Kurmond and then we all headed in different directions for home.

For a complete photo story of our ride, here is the link to my SmugMug gallery... http://designingmemories.smugmug.com...74/1/172765388

Cheers guys and lets do it again!!

Old 07-15-2007, 06:22 AM   #4
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,811
It looks like a great deal of fun and hard work.. thanks for taking the pics and sharing them with us
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:36 AM   #5
vbstubby
One day I wont be a nOOb

Oddometer: 679
Great pics Steve. Thanks for posting up.

Look forward to catching up soon

Cheers Alex
vbstubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:51 PM   #6
Pizzaz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
Looks like a great ride guys - I was up there on Saturday as well (ktm 990 adv)... just went for a putter trying to explore some new tracks. Lots of mud - just as well a couple of 4bys came along as I'd spent the better part of an hour by then trying to dig the stoopid thing out of the hole I'd gotten in!

Next time I should just check the board and come along - perhaps I wouldn't have ended up with a bent luggage rack (was in so deep we eventually had to tow out by the back wheel!)
Pizzaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:29 PM   #7
SteveRed OP
Adventure Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzaz
Looks like a great ride guys - I was up there on Saturday as well (ktm 990 adv)... just went for a putter trying to explore some new tracks. Lots of mud - just as well a couple of 4bys came along as I'd spent the better part of an hour by then trying to dig the stoopid thing out of the hole I'd gotten in!

Next time I should just check the board and come along - perhaps I wouldn't have ended up with a bent luggage rack (was in so deep we eventually had to tow out by the back wheel!)
Oh No! Yep it always pays to ride in a pack eh! Also if you plan to head out just check to see if anyone wants a ride!

Old 07-16-2007, 12:51 AM   #8
Aussie Steve
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,389
Me too

Hey that looks familiar, Was up there saturday as well.

Was the track to mount Wilson Bowens Creek road?? Looks like it deserves a ride.
Attached Images

Aussie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 01:02 AM   #9
Aussie Steve
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,389
Have to say it but, was more exciting the first time on the GPZ
Attached Images

Aussie Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:00 AM   #10
MudratinOz
Adventurer in training

Oddometer: 902
great report and pics, as a matter of interest how many k's did you do for the day.
The orange does grow on you. You will not notice it at first..but it starts with a few innocent KTM stickers,.progresses to a KTM key ring, to KTM coffee mug and next thing you know, you have gone completely mad and start wearing orange tee shirts.It is a very bad infection..is this yeast infection (Bronx)
MudratinOz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 04:41 AM   #11
SteveRed OP
Adventure Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudratinOz
great report and pics, as a matter of interest how many k's did you do for the day.
From my place probably only 200-250 km's but the boys from NewCastle more likely 360-400!?