User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
funhouse OP
Overdue

Oddometer: 3,044
Thumb KTM Supermoto Touring Edition

Remove four teeth from rear sprocket, add comfort seat, make your own saddlebags and top box and off you go! 50mpg, clear mirrors and the best ride up Hwy 1 to Monterey in memory.
Attached Images

funhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:44 AM   #2
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,158
Very nice.

But it's been done

wpbarlow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
Max Kool
Xtankteam™

Oddometer: 3,228
Hwy 1, good memories!

Got caught speeding there once (in a car btw). One of the sweetest roads if there weren't any speed limits. Very nice. On a good day you can see whales swimming.

(I'm jealous)

Is Nepenthe Big Sur still there?
Max Kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 03:54 PM   #4
Dr Willy
Wheelie Addict

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by funhouse
Remove four teeth from rear sprocket, add comfort seat, make your own saddlebags and top box and off you go! 50mpg, clear mirrors and the best ride up Hwy 1 to Monterey in memory.
That is one smooth touring tard
Dr Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,759
Sweet bike Funhouse! Now explain the saddle bags, what you could possibly fit in them (???) and detail on how it is to tour.

Also some pointers on applying those number plate backgrounds. I put yellow ones on my white RXC this year and they have some air bubbles in them that I can't get out. Looks ok from a distance but not good up close.
Beez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:43 PM   #6
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Kool
Hwy 1, good memories!

Sure is. Dropped the K1200LT in the parking entrance last year on the low side, picked her up myself. I love that area, been a routine to stop there every time I do a trip up there.
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:45 PM   #7
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,256
What is the big black box mounted on the left side forkleg?
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:45 PM   #8
mastiffdog2
A Bike Addict

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Kool
Hwy 1, good memories!

Got caught speeding there once (in a car btw). One of the sweetest roads if there weren't any speed limits. Very nice. On a good day you can see whales swimming.

(I'm jealous)

Yes, Nepenthe is alive and quite well. The Ambrosia Burger was excellent, we were there recently! Perhaps on of the most beautiful places in the world. We stayed at the Ventana Inn - fantastic place to stay...
mastiffdog2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 04:53 PM   #9
funhouse OP
Overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beez
Sweet bike Funhouse! Now explain the saddle bags, what you could possibly fit in them (???) and detail on how it is to tour.

Also some pointers on applying those number plate backgrounds. I put yellow ones on my white RXC this year and they have some air bubbles in them that I can't get out. Looks ok from a distance but not good up close.
The saddle bags will carry either a digital camera and handgun, two handguns or a handgun and ammo.....the top case has tire repair gear......touring (such as it is) is a tankbag/backpack affair..the black Duke showed me how to really do it! he's got a WINDSHIELD so I'm skulking back into my hole..the number plate backgrounds are done by Chris Wood -- see Airtrix.com .. the guy is a genius.....Bruce
Old 06-26-2007, 04:55 PM   #10
funhouse OP
Overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwheelies
What is the big black box mounted on the left side forkleg?
The 'black box' on top of the front brake is actually a carbon fiber front brake cooling scoop.......it's the first thing anybody notices about the bike.......from Germany......the bike barely runs without it......
Old 06-26-2007, 04:59 PM   #11
funhouse OP
Overdue

I'm rightly humbled.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpbarlow
Very nice.

But it's been done

You have a windshield and I don't.......major red-face time.....very handsome...Bruce
Old 06-26-2007, 09:36 PM   #12
airgord
What am I doing out here!

Oddometer: 844
Funhouse, really like the looks of your scooter, what year?

Beez, Big decal like stickers and number backgrounds like that need soapy water from a spray bottle (dish soap), lots of it, and a stiff squeegee, I've used the same squeegee you would use for auto body putty, spray both the sticker and the surface you're going to cover, apply and then after it is set where you want it, squeegee the water out from the middle taking the bubbles out as you go, taking care not to shift your decal out of place.
The soapy water applied very liberally will allow you to get the decal centered to your satisfaction, if you are not happy with placement, just peel it up and move it (before you squeegee). Easy.
airgord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:52 PM   #13
funhouse OP
Overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by airgord

Beez, Big decal like stickers and number backgrounds like that need soapy water from a spray bottle (dish soap), lots of it, and a stiff squeegee, I've used the same squeegee you would use for auto body putty, spray both the sticker and the surface you're going to cover, apply and then after it is set where you want it, squeegee the water out from the middle taking the bubbles out as you go, taking care not to shift your decal out of place.
The soapy water applied very liberally will allow you to get the decal centered to your satisfaction, if you are not happy with placement, just peel it up and move it (before you squeegee). Easy.
The SM is a 2001...bought it stock from KTM mechanic in San Diego years ago and have been fiddling ever since....the number plate backgrounds are paint/brush pinstripping done by Airtrix here in Santa Barbara.... Airtrix.com....has won numerous awards for his paint work and does helmets for AMA superbike racers, etc....next to TroyLee, he's the most famous in the US and does breathtaking work.....Bruce
Old 06-26-2007, 10:55 PM   #14
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,145
the front of that bike looks like an alien

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:11 AM   #15
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by airgord

Thanks Airgord. I'll try that next winter when (if) I re-do them. Sorry for the hijack Funhouse.
Beez is offline   Reply With Quote