Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2007, 08:34 PM   #1
r-u-n-n-o-f-t OP
Hit by a Train

Oddometer: 29
Eh? 30 years in a cage; back on two wheels.

Ok, the title says it all... I been a driver of various and sundry motor vehicles since I was 14, earliest you could get a learners permit where I come from. I got introduced to riding via a former roommate, in my 2nd year in college, and loved doing everything on his motorcycle. 10 minutes of instruction on the controls, and I was off down and around the block. Layed the bike down on my first turn, and slid under a parked car... :-) Picked it back up, and finished going around the block. I was hooked. Phil and I rode that Honda 250 Dirt/Street everywhere. Two guys on the bike and go.

About 3 years ago, my wife and I took the MCSC in California, and both of us passed, but I didn't go immediately and get my license, so, I had to go and pass the written here in Nevada a little bit ago, which was no problem. Then I went and bought an 02 KLR650, put 500 bucks into it, and I've been riding almost everyday.

It's on average 85 plus degrees here in Vegas at 0600 this time of year and 105 by 1200 which means that we ride early in the AM and we've got a couple of good pieces of gear for the heat.

Always been an ATGATT kinda guy, and we've done some fun little rides already. I'm going to Westfest in NM in a bit, but I figured I'd post some of the rides we've done to tune the bikes and the butts.

r-u-n-n-o-f-t aka Scofflaw

"A bolt of warmth, fierce with joy and pride and gratitude, flashed through me like sudden lightning. I don't care about whose DNA has recombined with whose. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching---they are your family."

Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden. Jim Butcher, Proven Guilty
r-u-n-n-o-f-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:14 PM   #2
Jedediah
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 818
have a blast!

sounds like me r-u-n-n-o-f-t.

after some 30 years returned to the saddle. Purchased a 650gsd last year and have been having a blast.

enjoy,

Jed.
09 BMW R1200GS ADVENTURE

"We are all going to die of something if we live long enough!." My Father
Jedediah is offline   Reply With Quote