ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2007, 03:43 PM   #1
nwgs OP
solarfied

Oddometer: 32,362
PNWet Fest 2007

I am happy to announce that we will have a raffle at Wet Fest. Touratech/Cycoactive has been very generous and donated some very nice raffle items.

Others will be contacted next week and asked to contribute. Any questions regarding this please send me a PM. Raffle tickets will be a buck for a chance to win raffle items.
Drawing will be a 7 oclock Saturday night.

All procceeds will be given to Gwens 100cc ride.

We would also like to thank Ride West BMW for their support offering some very nice raffle items.

The Duck Inn had been notified that many of us will come over for breakfast Sat and Sun morning. The kitchen opens at eight oclock. We have the banquet room (with a nice view) reserved. But we cannot all show up at once. There is one cook and waitress. They are going to bring in extra help but please be advised. This is a larger than normal crowd for them.

Also they have Kareoke starting at 8;30 saturday night at the bar. I have promised to sing Smells Like Teen Spirit. But then I have to go. Quickly.....

Vista Park
August 27th info.

I talked to Steve at the park today.
He is happy we are having a good crowd coming down.
He says is fine if we bring a keg of beer. Thanks Deckside. He hopes that we have a good time and that we come back next year also. He also says we can keep our bikes next to our tents wherever we camp but there is no riding on the beach. I told him we tread lightly regardless.
I also notified Judy at the Duck Inn Restaurant of our coming. She is catering the wine tasting event at the Fairgrounds and says she hopes we show up at that and her Restaurant and bar.
Steve tells me he will inform the store that there might be a few extra people that weekend.

Also the Rod Show is at the beach that weekend. So expect to see Hot Rods from all over the country coming thru the area.
That's all for now,
Nwgs.

Personal note from Nwgs.
There has been some consternation that someone will be asking you for money at this event.
That is not the case.
Money that goes to Gwens Charity is only a byproduct of us having fun. Buying a t-shirt and a couple stickers.
We have a commitment from Touratech for a raffle prize and have yet to contact some of the local Moto folk for raffle prizes. Either we will have a raffle or we wont.
This event is informal. Totaly it will be winged at best. The rides will be winged. The fire will be hot as I am bringing wood. That is about all I will promise. The booze will flow as needed and the stories and laughter is another thing I will promise. I will also promise that you will love the campsite and the area. It is an awesome place on this planet. I'm not sticking my neck out one bit on this.
We have a couple small awards that are kinda secret. Whoever is around 7pm Sat night we will have a little gathering and give them out. INFORMAL>
This started out as a small group of riders just out to have a good time together. That is the goal.
This is an informal get together of good people just out to eat, sleep, drink, ride, laugh, and have a good time together.
We hope you can make it, one and all.
Nwgs

T-shirts....

Stickers.

Vista Park panorama.

http://virtualguidebooks.com/Washing...VistaPark.html
The Video link shows a view from the beach in. There is a large grassy area behind the sand that is the actual park where the camping and event will be held.

All New Attendees please PM me. As I don't want to miss your thumbs up on the thread.
Thanks..

Attention...!!

T-shirts are ordering today. Monday the 13th,
Cost is $12 and some change. I am ordering 150 shirts, They will be sold for $15. Overage going to Shogs ride for the kids.
Stickers cost is $$2.60 each they will be sold for $5.00 each. Overage in cost going to Shogs ride for the kids.

These are high quality t's 6.1ounce cotton or some shit. I hate cheep T's....

The phone number to Vista Park is..

360-795-8605

Adventure Riders.

The date certain is Sept 7th and 8th.

Camping info

They charge by the tent. $19. per tent per night.

The park just called me. The Yurts are full.
No more yurts for rent.

There are RV spots left. With power and water.

But the wine tasting is Saturday night within walking distance of the park.

Oh, my, my, my.....

But he informed me that this is going on at the fairgrounds. Which is solid 3 iron from the park.

One of the rides has been discussed taking the small Puget Island Ferry to Oregon Thru Cathlamet and back over the Astoria Bridge. Cathlamet next to Skamokawa (where we are staying) has manyf Antique shops and a really cool bar on the Columbia.
I have notified Judy at the Duck Inn a restuarant within short walking distance that there may be a large crowd for breakfast, and other meals. As more show interest I will update her.

RoadRash has asked me for support and help organizing this years Gang of riders heading for Vista Park Washington for a bang of a time.
We are planning for the weekend of the 8th of September.
I will post the thread we started in Jo Momma that has links to the park and more information.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245151

We are planning a couple logging road rides and some paved rides in the area on Saturday.
So for now we camp at Vista Park Friday night the 7th. Ride and play Saturday the 8th. All are welcome and the facility is has space for about 300 tents.

Ok just talked to the park. The weekend is open for us. We have room for all that want to camp. There is a large Gazebo with tables that we can reserve for our use.
So let me know within the next week. I will call at the end of next week and make firm reservation.

Come one come all to the Gang of riders out for a bang up time at

Vista Park.

http://welcome.tdn.com/index.php?id=36

Here is the address and more info requested by some..

http://welcome.tdn.com/index.php?id=36

Partially repaired list a attendees.

Originally Posted by Nwgs
Here is a partial list of attendees

BStrom
Beserker 1
GTomic,,,,7.5 probability rate.
Deacon
LongWays
thetourist
Ara and Spirit
Svizzerams
SOLO LOBO dont count him out.
helikron
Ladybug0048
Dork and Dork wife.
johnjen and Dogwoman
Yota, and Filly
Road Rash,Tequilagirl
Fat Toney and LittleFish
Mr Cob -----
GSAdventura
Nwgs and Nwgs wife
Johnny Drunkard
dagwood and Bondie
Cos---The collective is thinkin Cos is gona show.
DireWolf
BStrom
Mr Fisherman
Deckside And Mrs Deckside
peterman extrodinare....
rubber cow
drrags
AlinBeaverton
matteeanne--only cause there's showers and toilets.
HellsAlien & ?!??
Ratty2Austin
Ms. Chiff
Filly
Live2Ride
SRA
ToungeLady
oregoncoast is in with oregon coast wife if he can swing the time off.
malagato
Mike Berlien
CamoGreg-We can see you...

If this photo isn't classic it should be.

The List

nwgs screwed with this post 09-05-2007 at 12:56 PM
nwgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 03:54 PM   #2
Johnny Drunkard
Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 6,573
IN!

Johnny Drunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:01 PM   #3
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 12,152
Will be looking into cancelling my plans that weekend for this.........
Old 07-06-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
peterman
cop magnet

Oddometer: 13,119
all these gatherings ain't gonna make my customers happy,,
The BMWOR discover oregon thingie starts the 9th, I'd hafta ride right there from warshingtun, what a pity!, and pretty close on the tail of the Nez Perce and Stanley Stomp events.
This is a tuff job, this wearing out tires and killing bugs bizness, but I will gladly pitch in to do my share for this lasting and meaningful undertaking so that I may feel a certain sense of accomplishment and worthiness. Or more correctly,,, a sure sense of tired and hungover. ptrmn
Attached Images

peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:00 PM   #5
IBChallenged
aka BStrom

Oddometer: 122
I'm there!

I'm in... I'll be heading to the BMWOR discovery rally as well so you'll probably have a riding buddy peterman.

Old 07-07-2007, 07:40 PM   #6
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwgs
I have asked RoadRash for support and help organizing this years Gang of riders heading for Vista Park Washington for a bang of a time.
We are planning for the weekend of the 8th of September.

OK, I'll help ya...............................whaddaya want me to do?

I'll start by sending out invites to these "respected" FF's from the second PNWGangBang..................as you can see they are a very proper bunch

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:40 PM   #7
peterman
cop magnet

Yo Rash,, if I had a close-up of them paper plates,, and any of 'em said bad things about MotoPlaner,,well,, I just don't know what might happen,, Mort! you listening? Damn,, I guess I gotta ride up there and see about you learners!(hmm, shall I be nice? or is class in session!!?) peace and love and all that tired old fucking shit,,or from the 60's SEX. DRUGS, ROCK AND ROLL!!
Old 07-07-2007, 11:32 PM   #8
peterman
cop magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStrom
I'm in... I'll be heading to the BMWOR discovery rally as well so you'll probably have a riding buddy peterman.

a riding buddy,, that is ABSOLUTELY FUCKING hilarious,,
So,,you LIKE risking your life every second while evading the state, local, and federal authorities at 6 million miles per hour? ( I use the metric hour BTW)
well den,, welcome to ride with me!
Don't make me wait for your fuckin headlight in my mirror to know that you're still with me and therefore safe and alive,, keep the fuck up, willya?
okay,, and all fun,, let's ride, and God bless LapTraffic!
Old 07-07-2007, 11:40 PM   #9
George Papadopolis
between

Oddometer: 8,883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drunkard
IN!

Ill drink to that...Decks in!
Just remember to keep power tools away from NWGS
Old 07-08-2007, 03:20 PM   #10
Mr. Fisherman
Wishin not fishin.

Oddometer: 10,576
I am a definate fucking Maybe.
Mr. Fisherman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 03:30 PM   #11
TequilaGirl
no mas

Oddometer: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman
Yo Rash,, if I had a close-up of them paper plates,, and any of 'em said bad things about MotoPlaner,,well,, I just don't know what might happen
psst!
Naw...we couldn't say anything bad about him cause he's there. (under JD with 4plates together - with the stogie hanging out the mouth)
Old 07-08-2007, 03:32 PM   #12
TreeTopFlier
What day is this?

Oddometer: 1
You have got to be fucking kidding me? I am now going to have to choose between getting shit faced and then hunting elk or getting shit faced and then riding motorcycles...
TreeTopFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:54 PM   #13
Slaniac
Martini elbow

Oddometer: 11,039
So tell a bit about the campground. Showers? Food prep area? Shit like that... Is there camping for sat night?

Probably in even without the shower...hell, it'll probably rain anyway so just grab the soap and dance.

BTW, got a price?

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past"
F. Scott Fitzgearld

Regnat Populus.
Slaniac
Slaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:12 PM   #14
peterman
cop magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeTopFlier
You have got to be fucking kidding me? I am now going to have to choose between getting shit faced and then hunting elk or getting shit faced and then riding motorcycles...
that is a tuff call,,no shit! mass alcohol and guns,, or mass alcohol and sickles!,,dang!..couldn't you sling yer rifle over yer good shoulder and combine the efforts? So,, who has been there to this here campsite,,anything to shoot there for treetop?,,never mind,, I'll go out and hold up the paper plate targets again,,just wondering,,why is it always me who holds the targets?
well. at least it gets me out of that "your turn in the barrel" thing,,whew!
Old 07-12-2007, 11:09 PM   #15
peterman
cop magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman
I am a definate fucking Maybe.
don't make us track you down,,you know bikes fuggin sink offshore quicker than your tuna bait,,find you we will! you will attend this festivity as I must in the same lame sinking boat!,,swink or shim!!,,,ptrmn