ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #301
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudcut View Post
road 100 to 105 skipped 103 hero2 wawa don't like getting shot at all good
who's shooting?
Old 09-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #302
mudcut
n00b

Oddometer: 6
shooting

goes by the back of a rifle range
mudcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #303
thomspins
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Could anyone hook me up with the GPS files? I cant seem to find them via FB.

Thanks
thomspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:34 PM   #304
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,333
https://www.facebook.com/rideguide

Friend him, then click about.

No sending the files---route facilitator, Rob, reserves the right to do that.
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:27 AM   #305
rob23 OP
on the pipe

Oddometer: 1,811
MCI (Motorcycle Competition Inc.) has announced that all proceeds from this year’s Stumpjumper Enduro will be donated to local charitable organizations assisting families affected by the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.

Press Release:
http://motocrosspress.blogspot.com/2...cross+Press%29

Entry Form and Info:
http://www.ride-mci.com/enduro
rob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #306
nylon2000
Wanderer

Oddometer: 253
Stages 4 and 5

With my new beemer, and fairly new to biking overall, I'd snuck out over the last week or so to fairly sedately ride small sections of section 3. With some more time I thought I'd start at section 4 and head south.

There are some bridges out and road closures (at least one permanent) in section 4. Who/how do I tell so the files get updated? One is at 40.19.52n 74.46.07w and the other 40.18.50n and 74.40.59w (this second one is permanent I think).

Wow. Once you hit section 5 it's turns up to 11. I definitely took wrong turns in the woods and quickly went from hard packed sandy dirt roads to soft rutted sand dual track that was piled 10-12" high. After yesterday's snow/rain, there were some epic mud sections too. Lots of good practice at a variety of techniques (including dragging the bike out of suction mud!).

Did 175 miles, didn't see a single dual sport rider all day.

I'll keep going south tomorrow. What an amazing route, thanks for stitching it together guys.

Ny-Lon

The expedition
About the bike

nylon2000 screwed with this post 03-10-2013 at 05:10 AM
nylon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #307
tomatoe333
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylon2000 View Post
There are some bridges out and road closures (at least one permanent) in section 4. Who/how do I tell so the files get updated? One is at 40.19.52n 74.46.07w and the other 40.18.50n and 74.40.59w (this second one is permanent I think).
The second bridge was taken out by Hurricane Irene. I rode through there the weekend after Irene, and saw the carnage on Quaker Road firsthand. There is a fairly easy bypass around the section, just take Princeton Pike south to Province Line Road.

I've still got some unfinished riding to do down that way from that trip. Started having electrical problems on the bike near the end of Section 5, so I haven't done anything farther south than that. I think a weekend trip is in order.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:24 PM   #308
thelastknowngod
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Can someone post the GPS file for those of us who don't have a Facebook account?
thelastknowngod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:23 AM   #309
rgb2cmyk
Dirt(y) Neophyte

Oddometer: 223
Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastknowngod View Post
Can someone post the GPS file for those of us who don't have a Facebook account?
If you don't have a Facebook account I suggest you send a PM (private message) to Rob23 and plead your case for why you don't aire your life for all to see online, plus see pictures of weddings and babies of long lost 'friends', pictures of food and toes, and Kittens!. Or just generally why you don't want to give up your privacy and join the 21st century (j/k : )

Seriously though, Rob23 is the only person that can send them to you, they are his files, and it's up to him if he wants to make an exception.

If you get them, let me know if you want to ride it sometime.

Oh and Welcome to the board, you'll find friendly people here (most of us) and lots of good info. (I don't want my response to your first post to be too harsh )
06 Husky TE450
04 R1100s BCR

rgb2cmyk screwed with this post 03-30-2013 at 04:27 AM Reason: Welcomed noob
rgb2cmyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:44 AM   #310
nylon2000
Wanderer

Oddometer: 253
Not an exact substitute, but when you apply for and receive the TET file, you get a file called "TET_NJ_V2alpha", which is similar, and follows some of the same route.

Ideally get both!

The expedition
About the bike
nylon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:17 AM   #311
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime

Oddometer: 6,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastknowngod View Post
I'll just say what I am sure others are thinking. Frankly, its a little sketchy that you join, and this is your one and only post. You also have no information filled out in your profile. So, you are one of two things:

1. Someone who just wants to take, and not give at all. No sharing of information, no posting about your motorcycles, etc. Rob put a lot of time & effort into this TNJT, and continues to give to motorcyclists, mountain bikers, and local clubs.
2. Someone who is not interested in motorcycling at all, and has negative intentions about using the information in the TNJT.

I hope I am off base and am sorry if I am, but I have been dealing with human nature for almost 40 years, so.....
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:25 AM   #312
jimhaleyscomet
Adventurer

Oddometer: 94
Glad to find this active TransNJ trail thread!

Hello All!!!!!

I have been lurking around the TransNJ trail threads and am glad to have found this active thread. I have sent a "friend request" to Rob so I hope to get access to the gps files soon.

While I live in Texas, my son and I are planning a late May multi day trip loop starting in Princeton, NJ and getting in as much dirt as possible. We much prefer mountains to piney sands as we have plenty of flat sand in SE texas! This will be our first multi-day trip.
jimhaleyscomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #313
DougZ73
Lacks Freetime

Oddometer: 6,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhaleyscomet View Post
Hello All!!!!!

I have been lurking around the TransNJ trail threads and am glad to have found this active thread. I have sent a "friend request" to Rob so I hope to get access to the gps files soon.

While I live in Texas, my son and I are planning a late May multi day trip loop starting in Princeton, NJ and getting in as much dirt as possible. We much prefer mountains to piney sands as we have plenty of flat sand in SE texas! This will be our first multi-day trip.
Someone else can chime in too, but from what I understand, there is much more offroad( non-paved anyway) sections south from your Princeton start point then there is north. BUT, it is sandy and flat. I understand the northern sections to be less offroad stuff, but there is hilly areas up there. Coming from growing up in northern NJ, I would not say any of it is mountains.
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:08 AM   #314
jimhaleyscomet
Adventurer

Got The Track, Now What to Expect on Trans New Jersey Trail?

I downloaded both the AT tracks and the TNJT tracks (Thanks Rob!!!!).

Before I finalize our route I need to make sure I am on the right "track". This will be our first multi day adventure ride. Normally, we haul our Wr250r and CRF250L to enduro rides and National forests in Texas OR to Saluda, NC where we ride mostly paved mountain roads. When on a more pavement oriented ride I normally ride the KLR650 and he stays on the WR250r. Both have 50/50 dual sport tires (TKC80s on KLR and Michelin T63s on the WR). He has about 5 days off so we decided to ride in NJ rather than spending half his vacation traveling to/from North Carolina. We prefer gravel but are fine with pavement if we typically travel at 45mph or less. We can go up to 70mph for short stretches but with the lack of wind protection the buffeting gets old fast. We have a trailer for the bikes but prefer to start this adventure without having to trailer them somewhere.

With all that said and after reading the previous ride reports I hope the following assumptions are accurate.... Can any one confirm?

How fast is the typical speed on pavement on the northern half of the trail? I am assuming less than 45mph most of the time.

I assume most of the Northern half of the TNJT roads are interesting even at speeds of 30 - 40mph?

I am thinking that the TNJT roads are small enough that most folks find traveling them at 10-30-45 mph is a comfortable pace?

For scheduling purposes, would the average speed transversing the top half (TNJT100 tracks) be about 25mph? Some of the ride reports showed average traveling speeds between 25 and 30mph but I think that was on the southern sections.

Following TNJT100 from Princeton to the Start Point up North gives me about 340miles each way following the tracks. I noticed that the tracks don't follow the road curves so will be shorter than actual mileage traveled. However, if I create a road following ROUTE I get 600+ miles. Suppose 450 miles each way will be what happens on the bike odometer?

If we do out and back that is about 700-900 miles or 30 hours of riding at 30mph average. Therefore we are planning on 5-6 hours of riding per day for 5 days. Does all this sound reasonable?

Thanks in advance for any clarification and suggestions you can provide.

jimhaleyscomet screwed with this post 04-08-2013 at 05:50 PM
Old 04-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #315
jimhaleyscomet
Adventurer

Posted in the right area?

Geeze I am feeling like quite the noob with all these questions. I hope the above "planning" post is in the correct thread. If not, I would appreciate a suggestion on where I should be posting.