ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 01:38 PM   #406
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,673
Does 'Big Bike Friendly' I can get away with Scorpions, or are knobbies still recommended?
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 09:00 PM   #407
rob23 OP
on the pipe

Oddometer: 1,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob23 View Post
MCI - Dual Sport Event - 2/23/2014 - First ECEA Event of the Year!

Please come join us for a nice winter ride in the forests of the New Jersey Pines Barrens. The course will be a great mix of what the Pines has to offer.

Big Bike Friendly and FUN!!!

We have miles of single track, firecuts, jeep trails and backroads for you to enjoy. The course will be arrowed and there will also be a GPS file for download
at Sign-Up.

So, this is the perfect time for you to learn how to use your GPS . You can always rely on the arrows for backup as your learning how to navigate off-road with your gps.

There will also be a food drive. Please bring canned food for a $5 discount on your entry fee!

Please see the flyer for more info! I expect to see all you TNJT Riders down there!

Please help spread the word, our club really needs to have an awesome turn out!

http://www.ride-mci.com/dualsport
I pre-rode some of the route on Sunday. The course is a lot of fun with a lot of trail. So, all you guys that complain that the TNJT doesn't have enough trail here's your chance to come out and learn some.

I would definitely recommend knobbies.

There will be soft sand, whoops, sand pits, log crossings, firecuts and single track and all that other fun stuff ya find in the woods. There's only two connector/transit sections of paved road.

I run 10 psi up front and 8 in the rear on my 250 down there in the sand. For 650cc+ I would recommend 20psi. If you need more tips on riding in the sand check out the pdf in the zip file of the TNJT document.

hope to see ya soon!
rob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:36 PM   #408
RB450
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 285
Planning on coming down for this one. Even if it's in the 40's it won't be bad with the right gear.

Love riding the pines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RB450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:36 AM   #409
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,818
MCI event: Doing it...with some friends...about 5-6...should be a good time.

RE:TNJT: I am thinking about doing a repeat of my "southern portion" TNJT trip I did in 2011...sometime this spring as soon as it is warm enough to camp. March-Aprilish. I did it by myself last time. It would be cool to have some company this time. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Plan: Ride down one day, camp, and ride back up next day. ( weekend)
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:30 AM   #410
cammok5
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
MCI event: Doing it...with some friends...about 5-6...should be a good time.

RE:TNJT: I am thinking about doing a repeat of my "southern portion" TNJT trip I did in 2011...sometime this spring as soon as it is warm enough to camp. March-Aprilish. I did it by myself last time. It would be cool to have some company this time. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Plan: Ride down one day, camp, and ride back up next day. ( weekend)
please let me know when your want to go. id really like to go.
cammok5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:14 PM   #411
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammok5 View Post
please let me know when your want to go. id really like to go.
OK, I'll let you know.
Old 02-19-2014, 04:39 PM   #412
cyron
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
MCI - Dual Sport Event - 2/23/2014 - First ECEA Event of the Year!

Please come join us for a nice winter ride in the forests of the New Jersey Pines Barrens. The course will be a great mix of what the Pines has to offer.

Big Bike Friendly and FUN!!!

We have miles of single track, firecuts, jeep trails and backroads for you to enjoy. The course will be arrowed and there will also be a GPS file for download
at Sign-Up.
Can I sign up via e-mail since you're not accepting pre-payment?
Old 03-18-2014, 05:33 PM   #413
rpet
Awesometown

Oddometer: 809
Myself and 2 homies plan to roll the southern portion - Jackson > South on the last weekend of the month.

Are there any NJ locals who'd care to point out fun "play areas" nearby or on the route? Last Fall, I went through a section with a bunch of hill climbs and other fun little loops, but any other such spots would be nice to know about in case we find ourselves ahead of schedule.

We aren't on hardcore enduro bikes: DR650, DR350 and XT500 with a range of skills from novice to intermediate.

Any help would be appreciated, and I'll be sure to drop some more pics in this thread.

Thanks!
Read my homie's underway Africa trip RR - Round Africa with a Surboard
WTB: Clarke tank for DR650 for cheap - any color but blue.
rpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:45 PM   #414
Demian
www.rydersalley.com

Oddometer: 49
Thumb

wow! i would love to hear about the locations of hill climbs in NJ...I thought it was all flat!
Old 03-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #415
rpet
Awesometown

These hills were maybe 40ft tall, but made of sand and a slight challenge for a loaded dr650. Maybe pineys have a different name for em.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:02 PM   #416
rob23 OP
on the pipe

Oddometer: 1,811
The dual sport is 3/30, next sunday!

Well, mother nature has been a real bitch this winter and is throwing another storm at us this week. Hopefully, it won't put a dent in our plans to host a great event.

I just spent all day today and the last few weekends trimming a lot of good trail for the dual sport. There's going to be a lot of fun stuff to ride!

The pines is a great place to ride this time of year, don't worry about the cold at all, you'll be working up a sweat in no time.

The route is big bike "friendly". Meaning, no really tight stuff/stick farms, your bike will fit down the trails but you will need knobbie tires. There will be some soft sand, puddles and other natural off-road obstacles to deal with but that's the PB's for ya.

There will be a GPS route available at sign-up for anyone who wants to learn how to navigate with their gps as well rely on the arrows we're putting up for backup.

NOTE: due to any last minute course changes the arrows we provide override anything the gps route displays.

Hope to see ya'll down at Lucile's next Sunday
rob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:19 AM   #417
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpet View Post
These hills were maybe 40ft tall, but made of sand and a slight challenge for a loaded dr650. Maybe pineys have a different name for em.

I know the route has changed a tad bit since I did a few years ago, but the only hill(s) I can remember is Apple Pie hill/tower ( which was closed due to Vandalism, when I went through) and Aunt Jamima hill..or what ever it was called....and neither is all that hard to get up...all about picking the correct line.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:07 PM   #418
rpet
Awesometown

Yep Apple Pie was still blocked. There were a couple other spots with little single track loops and whoops and baby hills. I'll snap some pics this weekend if weather holds.

Apple Pie delinquency - http://instagram.com/p/e5lSd3i4aE/
Old 03-25-2014, 10:12 AM   #419
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpet View Post
Yep Apple Pie was still blocked. There were a couple other spots with little single track loops and whoops and baby hills. I'll snap some pics this weekend if weather holds.

Apple Pie delinquency - http://instagram.com/p/e5lSd3i4aE/
Hooligan kids suck. I don't know, maybe it just me, but I guess I was brought up in a good enough home, that I have never had the desire to destroy things and vandalize public property.

Once we get into a little warmer weather, I am probably gonna repeat my trip. I know some guys mentioned they were interested. All of my vacation time is spoken for the rest of this year, so I'd be doing a "southern" section again....down on Saturday, back on Sunday, kinda thing. Starting in Pine Barrens..Brendyne Byrne area.

I am dying to use my new camping kit, before some major life changes have me packing it up for a few years.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:35 AM   #420
cyron
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Quote:

Hope to see ya'll down at Lucile's next Sunday
I'm going to do my best to make it...
Is anyone camping Sat night? Nevermind Cold + Rain + Camping = no fun.