ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-06-2008, 02:08 PM   #46
rob23 OP
on the pipe

Oddometer: 1,811
This year's route will only have about 30 via points per route. There's about 40 seperate routes. The entire thing loads into my eTrex Legened with 128mb sd without any truncating.

If anyone wishes to join me from 06/20 - 06/22 please email me at WoodsRacer23@gmail.com to get on the list.

--

I did some pre-running in DelVal and found some cool stuff including a stream crossing with raging rapids. Tumble Hill Rd earns it's name pretty good, don't blow the turn there, you'll wind up right in the Delaware river.

If anyone want's to lay down some tracks for this years ride for me please email me.
rob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:32 PM   #47
oggi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Not to imply in any way that I am capable of such a ride, but has anyone ever attempted the transNJ trail in one 24 hour session or less?

I am indeed thankful that we in the metro area do have access to such a great route as the transNJ, just wondering if its possible or if someone has done it before
oggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 05:37 AM   #48
toofast4uu
adventurer

Oddometer: 974
Quote:
Originally Posted by oggi
Not to imply in any way that I am capable of such a ride, but has anyone ever attempted the transNJ trail in one 24 hour session or less?

I am indeed thankful that we in the metro area do have access to such a great route as the transNJ, just wondering if its possible or if someone has done it before
I'd love to try and run a 24 ride of the TransNJ trail...Have every rider throw $20 into a pot, and the first one to arrive a the lighthouse takes the pot...maybe $100pp...that would make it worthwhile
Old 02-27-2008, 06:00 AM   #49
johnpitts01
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 880
NJ Trail 24 Hour

I'm not much of a competitor, but this sounds like fun.

With careful thoughtful planning this seems possible.

I did the NJ lighthouse tour 2 years ago. Lots of people take a weekend to do it. My wife and I completed the circuit on Sunday, starting at the Sandy Hookk lighthouse as they opened and just making it to the last lighthouse before they closed, then another 85 miles home.

And we were on a borrowed Electra-Glide. Was really a fun day.
johnpitts01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 09:34 AM   #50
oggi
Adventurer

Good, Im glad I didnt get attacked for the idea of a transNj endurance event.

I was thinking that people can do on their own initiative, set up certain visual check-points that people take pictures of with mobile phones and send direct to a blog site where each persons individual attempt has its own seperate page.

some way of keeping it fun and loose and so anyone can do it whenever.

I know with the tmobile sidekick type site, pics can be automatically sent and posted on a user profile page, this way other users can see progress and have a visual watermark of where and when someone is. There is no un-cheatable way to do it, but the idea is kind of for fun so if someone cheats its their own loss.

I want to be able to do something like this, but keep it fun so people dont hot-rod it and ruin the transNj accessability for everyone. I think if in any way it might get parts closed or degrade the oveall accessability of the transNj trail its not worth it.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #51
rob23 OP
on the pipe

making this into a race is just going to piss a lot of people off. The roads aren't remote enough. It passes by small farms and such where you really need to be considerate.. This was not the intent of the route. If you want to race, ride an enduro or a hare scramble.

It would be very very hard and probably pretty unsafe to do the entire ride in 24 hours. I really doubt it can be done.

I tried to do as much as I could in one day and rode from High Point to the end of Section 4 before I got too tired to ride. I deceided heading into the pines alone in the dark on an unridden route by myself was a bit foolish. This was on a long summer day before the trail was complete so it was longer.

This year's trail will be a full 1k miles. If you are silly enough to try to ride the entire route at once start in the South and work your way north. South = harder terrain and North = easy.

btw, Wildlife Management rules state you need to be out of the forest by sundown. So ridding there at night would be in essence breaking the law. Though it happens all the time this type of ridding I want to discourage.

Whoever does use the trail please do not ride in groups of more than 6 bikes. I heard of a group going through Wharton with 30+ bikes. That's unacceptable and it's illegal as well..

Remember, no evidence no crime.. tread lightly..
Old 03-01-2008, 07:08 PM   #52
toofast4uu
adventurer

Oddometer: 974
Rob,

Your right...Racing it isn't such a a good idea...I guess I should have thought about it a little more.

Points well taken..
Old 03-08-2008, 08:59 PM   #53
heller
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Question Doing it March 20 - 28

A buddy and I. Will the route be passable in the... deep mud? Snow?
heller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:36 PM   #54
rob23 OP
on the pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by heller
A buddy and I. Will the route be passable in the... deep mud? Snow?
could be? when you find out let us know
Old 03-13-2008, 01:36 PM   #55
wrxtance
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Question Big Bike?

Will the 06/20 - 06/22 ride/route be big bike friendly? Will an 1150GS w/ knobbies and decent rider make it and keep up?

If so - I'd like to get in on this...
wrxtance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:11 PM   #56
oggi
Adventurer

i officially retract the idea of a timed trans-nj even. I remember the upeer nj section passing by a lot of residential areas.

Let me know if people are riding big bikes like the GS, I want to ride my Cagiva if Im not alone with a large twin
Old 03-17-2008, 08:50 AM   #57
dedsmurf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 391
i may have said this but Im IN!

this will be great. I'm in Boston and if someone wants to share the trip costs down. I'm not sure I want to wear down all my new knobbies on the blacktop.
I may take my trailer.
dedsmurf at hotmail.com
dedsmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #58
rob23 OP
on the pipe

yes, big bike friendly, tkc80s suggested. Always ride with a friend, no groups larger than four riders at a time. Sweep riders will be leaving by 9am so plan to be out and on the NEW ROUTE early for a long, long, long day of ridding!

If your coming on June 20th - 22nd please be sure email me at:
woodsracer23 at gmail . com

I need your info to send the new route to, route instructions, camping instructions, start times, ridding buddies, etc.

Please no day riders, only commit if your into ridding the entire thing. Otherwise, you can ride the 2007 route at your own leisure. I'm keeping the new 2008 route for NJ 1000 riders only.
Old 03-20-2008, 03:42 PM   #59
JerseyBiker
Scootarazzi

Oddometer: 1,949
Ok, I know I must be a dope but, where is the file for the trail?

I've looked over and over and don't see the file to load into a gps.

Can someone point me to it?

Thanks

D
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 04:50 PM   #60
jdaniele
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 949
I could swear the link was there in the first post. Maybe the trail has changed?

"These pretzels are makin me thirsty"

I can't seem to remember why I don't drink anymore.
jdaniele is offline   Reply With Quote