ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #61
NJDRT-RDR
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Oddometer: 377
I just went to the MCI website and it's not there either. He must be updating it or something.
__________________
DRZ-400S

The michigan Trail Safari
http://home.comcast.net/~drt-rdr/trailsafari.txt
NJDRT-RDR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:32 PM   #62
jdaniele
Studly Adventurer
 
jdaniele's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Now residing in Queens
Oddometer: 949
I uploaded a copy here click the link to download. Note I am just posting a copy I happen to have the originator may be updating this file. Just tryin to help out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ddovtwoqes3
__________________
JD (K2ADV)

"These pretzels are makin me thirsty"

I can't seem to remember why I don't drink anymore.

jdaniele screwed with this post 03-20-2008 at 05:40 PM
jdaniele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #63
JerseyBiker
Scootarazzi
 
JerseyBiker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Oddometer: 1,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaniele
I uploaded a copy here click the link to download.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ddovtwoqes3
Thanks for doing that!

(and for letting me know it wasn't me just missing the file!)

David in NJ
DOC
JerseyBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:44 PM   #64
jdaniele
Studly Adventurer
 
jdaniele's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Now residing in Queens
Oddometer: 949
JersyBiker, Welcome to ADV I am kinda new here too Its a great site with lots of helpfull people.

Pay it forward when you can.
__________________
JD (K2ADV)

"These pretzels are makin me thirsty"

I can't seem to remember why I don't drink anymore.
jdaniele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:14 PM   #65
Dirtmongrel
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Corruption Central, we call it NJ
Oddometer: 689
^^^ No offense guys but you need glasses

the link may have dissapeared from the #1 post but check post #9 and post #10 on the first page its still there and its well labeled...of course thats the '07 route but its just as fun, enjoy, ride safe, go in small groups, and respect any other groups out there. Don't ruin it for the rest of us.
Dirtmongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:24 PM   #66
jdaniele
Studly Adventurer
 
jdaniele's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Now residing in Queens
Oddometer: 949
The google link is there. The fellas were looking for the garmin gps file to upload to there units.

Oh and i am wearing my glasses but it still does not help with my spelling.
__________________
JD (K2ADV)

"These pretzels are makin me thirsty"

I can't seem to remember why I don't drink anymore.
jdaniele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 08:51 PM   #67
Dirtmongrel
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Corruption Central, we call it NJ
Oddometer: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaniele
The google link is there. The fellas were looking for the garmin gps file to upload to there units.

Oh and i am wearing my glasses but it still does not help with my spelling.

OHHHHHH, fair enough, I'll crawl back into my hole now.

Someone let me know when the ride is over
Dirtmongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:57 PM   #68
rob23 OP
on the pipe
 
rob23's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Dirty Jerz
Oddometer: 1,811
I removed the files for now. Please don't repost the file, post it else where or spread it by email. I prefer all legitimate requests to ride the trail come through me.

Too much of a good thing can be bad. So, I'm just trying to get a count of riders of the trail and stop it from spreading like a virus.

As mentioned earlier. Please ride the trail in small groups (I prefer no more than four riders at a time), obey all rules of the forest, traffic rules and posted signs/gated roads.

There are many side trails along the route. Ridding Single track in the Pines as well as firecuts is illegal. Feel free to explore the two track trails and dirt roads but know the rules of where and how to ride and always respect private property.

I'm getting real tired of being a Nanny about this stuff and it's getting quite boring. If you need a place to ride consider joining a local enduro club as a dual sport rider. Don't make the TNJT an avenue for finding "a place to ride" that wasn't the intent of the route.

On a positive note:

I'm hosting a rundown on 6/20-6/22, with an all new route. Please try to join me then. This new route will not be made public. Please email me to participate.

2008 TNJT/NJ1000 Requirements:
  • Experienced street and off-road riders. Must have experience ridding in deep sand and through other natural obstacles
  • Experienced GPS Navigators only. Each rider must have his/her own GPS
  • Bikes must be 100% street legal, have aggressive DOT knobby tires and a fuel range of no less than 80 miles
  • Must be willing to participate the entire three days where the goal is to complete the intended route
  • This is a self guided tour. There will not be any group leaders. Starting at 7AM riders will leave in groups of two at a time every five minutes and sweep riders will leave the start by 9AM
  • This is not a race
  • All traffic and forest rules will be in effect and must be obeyed
  • Participation and GPS routes are provided at the hosts digression
  • Send Email Address, Full Name, Address and Bike Type to woodsracer23@gmail.com

rob23 screwed with this post 03-25-2008 at 02:05 PM
rob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:20 PM   #69
jdaniele
Studly Adventurer
 
jdaniele's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Now residing in Queens
Oddometer: 949
File removed
__________________
JD (K2ADV)

"These pretzels are makin me thirsty"

I can't seem to remember why I don't drink anymore.
jdaniele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:15 PM   #70
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!
 
rthuey's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: insanity is not as easy as i make it look
Oddometer: 2,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob23
There are many side trails along the route. Ridding Single track in the Pines as well as firecuts is illegal. Feel free to explore the two track trails and dirt roads but know the rules of where and how to ride and always respect private property.

anyone care to take a stab at verbally describing each of the above here or in another thread?

perhaps i only think i know which is what?
__________________
We're gonna go ridin!!!
rthuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:27 PM   #71
rob23 OP
on the pipe
 
rob23's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Dirty Jerz
Oddometer: 1,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by rthuey
anyone care to take a stab at verbally describing each of the above here or in another thread?

perhaps i only think i know which is what?
dirt/sand road = state created/maintained

two track = state or user created 4x4, bulldozer, jeep created

single track = user created hand cut trail, bike use, used for enduros

firecuts = state created/maintained, machine created, used to prevent fires from spreading, used as trails in enduros, not legal to ride otherwise

hiking trails = foot paths usually with blazes (painted colored dots on the trees). NEVER EVER ride these trails!!!

Also, know when your in a Wildlife Management Area (WMA) and when your in the State Forest. Different rules apply to each instance where the WMA have stricter rules and different users (ie: hunters vs. hikers, etc)

All state forest north of 1-95 have much stricter rules than those south. Rider beware..
rob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:28 PM   #72
Dirtmongrel
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Corruption Central, we call it NJ
Oddometer: 689
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob23
hiking trails = foot paths usually with blazes (painted colored dots on the trees). NEVER EVER ride these trails!!!
A little more detail please... are these plaques on trees or just spray paint? Does the color mean anything... blue, red, white... two dots, three dots, or four?

While in Lebanon I've seen actual brown plaques with white writing that state Hiking Trail. Without a user manual who is supposed to know what these mysterious dots on trees are supposed to mean.

I've seen blue spray paint on trees in the middle of nowhere, but if you look up you will see a hunters tree stand... I thought it was a tracking mark for them?

Dirtmongrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:23 AM   #73
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!
 
rthuey's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2005
Location: insanity is not as easy as i make it look
Oddometer: 2,753
so got most current version of mapsource from garmin site as suggested and good to go now rob, tanks

lookin at ver 1 dated 3/20/08

section 6-3 lists waypoints s6041 - s6061

lookin at the map though there are waypoints s6075 i guess - s6092 overlapping the same area that i can't see to find which section they belong to.

csan somoone help me sort it out?

i also am trying to invert the routes since we would be attacking from bottom up. using the invert button it does not automatically use just the waypoints selected which is causing the section to double in length. any suggestions?
__________________
We're gonna go ridin!!!

rthuey screwed with this post 03-29-2008 at 05:56 AM
rthuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:04 PM   #74
rob23 OP
on the pipe
 
rob23's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Dirty Jerz
Oddometer: 1,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by rthuey
so got most current version of mapsource from garmin site as suggested and good to go now rob, tanks

lookin at ver 1 dated 3/20/08

section 6-3 lists waypoints s6041 - s6061

lookin at the map though there are waypoints s6075 i guess - s6092 overlapping the same area that i can't see to find which section they belong to.

csan somoone help me sort it out?

i also am trying to invert the routes since we would be attacking from bottom up. using the invert button it does not automatically use just the waypoints selected which is causing the section to double in length. any suggestions?
the waypoints were named manually, there may be waypoints that aren't on the route, ignore them and just ride the route

Reverse a route: inn your gps device, select a route > menu > reverse route > navigate > off-road > ride..
rob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 01:05 PM   #75
rob23 OP
on the pipe
 
rob23's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Dirty Jerz
Oddometer: 1,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtmongrel
A little more detail please... are these plaques on trees or just spray paint? Does the color mean anything... blue, red, white... two dots, three dots, or four?

While in Lebanon I've seen actual brown plaques with white writing that state Hiking Trail. Without a user manual who is supposed to know what these mysterious dots on trees are supposed to mean.

I've seen blue spray paint on trees in the middle of nowhere, but if you look up you will see a hunters tree stand... I thought it was a tracking mark for them?

You won't run into this problem if you just ride the route in the TNJT_v1 file but look out for changes, gated roads, posted areas, closed trails, etc. The rules are always changing..


true, hunters often mark the trees and use ribbons.. each park has it's own blazing system for hikking trails, the ranger office should have a hikking map if you can reference..

I know the Batona Trail uses a pink spray painted blaze. Sometimes that trail uses dirt roads which are fine to ride but when it turns into an obvious hiking trail you should stay off.
rob23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014